• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Alright, lads,
Because they have won an embarrassingly small number of premierships over the history of the GPS. The lack of success doesn’t sit well with their money bags egos so they buy, buy, buy. They don’t understand that you can’t buy ticker.
Scots have won more premierships than Riverview, Newington & Shore (apart from their outstanding 2XV success), so don't go there. Every single school always has at least 1 or 2 imported players. And are we forgetting Kings just last year? Every school has them and I'm sure if Scots didn't get Heinz someone else would have.

But, I agree with @Agent , their team is already looking great and has been playing together for many many years. I find it unfair to the current players and reflects poorly on the school.

Cheers,

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Alright, lads,

Scots have won more premierships than Riverview, Newington & Shore (apart from their outstanding 2XV success), so don't go there. Every single school always has at least 1 or 2 imported players. And are we forgetting Kings just last year? Every school has them and I'm sure if Scots didn't get Heinz someone else would have.

But, I agree with @Agent , their team is already looking great and has been playing together for many many years. I find it unfair to the current players and reflects poorly on the school.

Cheers,
The premierships seem to have come in a concentrated period, post 93, for some reason. ROIC is underwhelming though. And no, not all schools have 1 or 2 imports. In fact, most schools really have none or occasionally 1 or 2 but never consistently and never forming the basis of the team. There’s only 2 schools that do that.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
The premierships seem to have come in a concentrated period, post 93, for some reason. ROIC is underwhelming though. And no, not all schools have 1 or 2 imports. In fact, most schools really have none or occasionally 1 or 2 but never consistently and never forming the basis of the team. There’s only 2 schools that do that.
No one mentions kings bringing players in? 5 new Gen blue players appearing in their U15 team last year, Must just be by chance though.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Oh please mate.

Everyone recruits, even joeys. It just a fact of the GPS. Joeys takes the best rugby talent from around NSW catholic primary schools and even high schools every year under the pretense of "country scholarships".

Quite literally every school has done and will continue to do it. I will admit this admission by Scots is particulary brazen consdering he is joining in Year 12, but it sounds like his fees are being paid by his sports managment group. And good him anyway, hes getting the oppotunity of a life time being able to attend one of these schools.

You can bet if this bloke was a big anglo kid from the country the stink being kicked up about it would not be this big.

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Oh please mate.

Everyone recruits, even joeys. It just a fact of the GPS. Joeys takes the best rugby talent from around NSW catholic primary schools and even high schools every year under the pretense of "country scholarships".

Quite literally every school has done and will continue to do it. I will admit this admission by Scots is particulary brazen consdering he is joining in Year 12, but it sounds like his fees are being paid by his sports managment group. And good him anyway, hes getting the oppotunity of a life time being able to attend one of these schools.

You can bet if this bloke was a big anglo kid from the country the stink being kicked up about it would not be this big.
He's joining in year 11

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
Oh please mate.

There’s an awful lot of lads on boys from the bush bursaries that don’t play 1,2,3 or 4’s even…. Wonder why? Could be that they genuinely want to maintain high levels of country boys at the school. A bit like the indigenous program, few of those lads have played 1’s as well. Perhaps there is a genuine interest in providing opportunity rather than stroking ego.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Also consider what's best for the kid/ rugby as a whole.

Stay playing rugby in a league dominated area as the best player, or board in the big smoke where you can get far more competitive games and more and better training.

You'll have plenty of people suggesting to the kids parents that they should do x.

Far better imho than a kid from a league background who suddenly ends up at a school in Yr11, only to magically sign for a league juniors squad the minute they finish.

Last edited:

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Oh please mate.

I know View does not recruit for rugby, or any other sport, I doubt Shore does and am skeptical that Joeys does, but don't know. So lets not say "everyone recruits" because it is not accurate.

Last edited:
Oh please mate.

Not correct. Riverview does not and never has offered Rugby scholarships. It and Joeys are the only GPS schools that do not.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Oh please mate.

Heinz is not in year 12, he's in year 11.