• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

keenas

Peter Burge (5)
After surfing GPS, ISA and CAS forums I have gathered information of scores and power rankings to create one NSW schools ranking at this stage of the season. It is as follows:
1. Shore
2. Newington
3. Scots
4. Oakhill
5. Joeys
6. Auggies
7. Riverview
8. Barker
9. Kings
10. Pats
11. Knox
12. Waverly
13. Pius
14. Trinity
15. Kinross
16. Cranebrook
17. Gregs
18. Aloys
19. Stannies
Let me know your thoughts
Bit early for those types of predictions Bouncer even if it was interesting no comps have started

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
Shore looking to have the best side the school has seen in nearly 20 years
Agreed, they are looking unreal. Hopefully Lewis Kingdom at 13 can live up to Henry Conick’s aura that he left in that position last year for the Shore School and doesn’t disappoint. So far the kids showing potential. Should be a great comp this year.

TheMaulester

UpnUnder

Chris McKivat (8)
@Joker does everyone know that the games on the weekend were trials....meaning they do not count for anything.......fyi for all the history bofs, New beat Scots in the trials in 93......and we all know how that season finished......mic drop
Was ‘93 the year that SBHS should have won? Asking for the history bofs. No mic drop required.

PBear

Stan Wickham (3)
Is this the year we see a three way premiership like the last time Shore touched the silverware in 2006?

Double round is proving to be excellent and I'm struggling to see anyone go undefeated when you have to beat everyone away looking at the trials.
I think injuries will play a BIG part.....again
Anyone a chance, and home ground a definite factor this year as comp is so close
No one will be undefeated, but I think 8 wins will be outright premiers

Rookie21

Chris McKivat (8)
Agreed, they are looking unreal. Hopefully Lewis Kingdom at 13 can live up to Henry Conick’s aura that he left in that position last year for the Shore School and doesn’t disappoint. So far the kids showing potential. Should be a great comp this year.

TheMaulester
Henry Conick played 12 last year

Was ‘93 the year that SBHS should have won? Asking for the history bofs. No mic drop required.
Yes. They were superb. Jason Jones Hughes (I think). Great game to beat Joeys at Centennial Park. As a yr 11 Joe Boy, that was the first competition game I had seen the cerise & blue broken bar jerseys lose over 5 yrs (mainly thanks to Jorgensen’s tackle at Scots in ‘90 and Prior’s length of the field intercept in 91 or 92). On that day in 93, boys in brown & blue were brilliant. Both sides threw everything. Ryan Rogan one of the great schoolboy fullbacks left the field injured for Joeys. Wheeldon’s grubber and “run around the post” try for the Joe boys was ruled out. At the final whistle, which I recall bathed in sunlight, Joeys’ crowd stood still, stunned for a moment, and then cheered off Tony Hannon’s “shoulda been champs” team. A great moment. As a postscript, we were not as magnanimous when Scots caned us at Bellevue Hill. A better postscript was Steve Devine’s tackle dumping Scots’ future Wallaby Bowman over sideline for the Centenary of Rugby in 94. But I digress.

Last edited:

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes. They were superb. Jason Kones Hughes (I think). Great game to beat Joeys at Centennial Park. As a yr 11 Joe Boy, that was the first competition game I had seen the cerise & blue broken bar jerseys lose over 5 yrs (mainly thanks to Jorgensen’s tackle at Scots in ‘90 and Prior’s length of the firld intercept in 91 or 92). On that day in 93, boys in brown & blue were superb. Both sides threw everything. Ryan Rogan one of the great schoolboy fullbacks left the field injured for Joeys. Wheeldon’s grubber and “run around the post” try for the Joe boys was ruled out. At the final whistle, which I recall bathed in sunlight, Joeys’ crowd stood still, stunned for a moment, and then cheered off Tony Hannon’s “shoulda been champs” team. A great moment. As a postscript, we were not as magnanimous when Scots caned us at Bellevue Hill. A better postscript was Steve Devine’s tackle dumping Scot’s’ future Wallaby Bowman over sideline for the Centenary of Rugby in 94. But I digress.
Newington went down in the comp at Stanmore by, I think, 6 points, 11-5 in '93 after winning the trial match convincingly at BH. It was 31 years ago, hardly a waterproof defence for a Trial turnaround. In 1993, Scots was the best team money could buy at the time, their centenary, so you can turn the mic back on. Coach, Warwick Melrose was the pilot. Can't speak for Joeys but NC and SBHS didn't have the same "program" to advance its fortunes. If Scots have their stars available, they'll be very hard to beat; if they don't, well... Problem is, you don't know who to believe in the reports of who is available...

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
@Bouncy Ben
I'd simply say way too early.

I'd put Knox higher - beat Newington in the 1/2 game. Lost to Kings with a yellow, lost last week to Joey's in a tight one.

Oakhill and Auggies look good, but I'd be surprised if that high.

(And Waverley has an extra e, and Cranbrook doesn't.)
Joeys lead by about 20 with 20 to go and took the foot off the gas. I don’t believe it was a tight loss. I would have called it a comfortable win for Joeys.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Yes. They were superb. Jason Jones Hughes (I think). Great game to beat Joeys at Centennial Park. As a yr 11 Joe Boy, that was the first competition game I had seen the cerise & blue broken bar jerseys lose over 5 yrs (mainly thanks to Jorgensen’s tackle at Scots in ‘90 and Prior’s length of the field intercept in 91 or 92). On that day in 93, boys in brown & blue were brilliant. Both sides threw everything. Ryan Rogan one of the great schoolboy fullbacks left the field injured for Joeys. Wheeldon’s grubber and “run around the post” try for the Joe boys was ruled out. At the final whistle, which I recall bathed in sunlight, Joeys’ crowd stood still, stunned for a moment, and then cheered off Tony Hannon’s “shoulda been champs” team. A great moment. As a postscript, we were not as magnanimous when Scots caned us at Bellevue Hill. A better postscript was Steve Devine’s tackle dumping Scots’ future Wallaby Bowman over sideline for the Centenary of Rugby in 94. But I digress.
I thought the Scots centenary was in 1993 which is why they had the team of imports that beat SHS.

Balmain Subbies

Darby Loudon (17)
100 years of Rugby and Joeys still didn't know how to properly use the sprinklers, that makes sesne. Back to 93 when the amazing Scots team beat High with a 13 man pushover try, now that was a postscript.

Balmain Subbies

Darby Loudon (17)
Newington went down in the comp at Stanmore by, I think, 6 points, 11-5 in '93 after winning the trial match convincingly at BH. It was 31 years ago, hardly a waterproof defence for a Trial turnaround. In 1993, Scots was the best team money could buy at the time, their centenary, so you can turn the mic back on. Coach, Warwick Melrose was the pilot. Can't speak for Joeys but NC and SBHS didn't have the same "program" to advance its fortunes. If Scots have their stars available, they'll be very hard to beat; if they don't, well... Problem is, you don't know who to believe in the reports of who is available...
Who said anything about a trial turnaround. It is more than trials mean two fifths of......so there is no real point holding any value in the result. It holds about as much weight as the scribes on here saying each year "the ......16As have been undefeated since year 7 so they are automatically the favourites for the shield next year" Comedy gold

Snowy Mountains

Frank Nicholson (4)
Scots, this weekend against Stannies, are resting some of the senior players and playing more of a mixed 1s & 2s side with players being given more of a chance to prove themselves. Thoughts?
Would assume the boys being rested are considered certainties for the 1st XV, while the balance of positions are up for grabs. Who are the boys being rested?

JohnnyOhns

Banned

TheMaulester
When Conrick was at school, he was top 5 auras in the entirety of shore. I think it just speaks to the level he holds himself to.

JO

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Was there. To this day I will always say that SBHS was robbed of a premiership in 1993.
They were a great team.

SBHS- Good old days.jpg