• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes, something to do with study/exams. I'm told that the 1sts team vs Kings will be completely different (bar one, new openside Morris) from the team that played Kinross.

With 10 or so players returning New are deserved favourites this year provided their heads are in the right place and they aren't still basking in their 2010 success. I expect Joeys to be the real challengers though.

New's trial on Saturday will be interesting especially as QCF has indicated that King's have only had internal trials to date. Kings may be a bit underdone not having had any real game time. Any further news of Kings lineup for Saturday's game?

B

baldingwingforward

I expect Joeys to be the real challengers though.

Based on what CTPE? I think Joeys would have got a kick in the backside after being embarrassed last year - but i think it will be a year or possibly 2 years to early. My info tells me that they have 3 U16s in the 1st XV. They may be good players but when it gets physical it is normally too much of a big ask for the young blokes to hack it, especially if they are in the forwards. I think the bigger sides will bash Joeys into submission.

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
Some confusion as to whether they played them at 1st or 2nd XV level? Surely New 1st XV would have played Kinross 1st XV and as it would have been a total mismatch if they played Sydney High. (who i believe their 2nds played)

New 1st XV played High 1st XV (Yes, it was a huge mismatch)
New 2nd XV played Kinross 1st XV

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Based on what CTPE? I think Joeys would have got a kick in the backside after being embarrassed last year - but i think it will be a year or possibly 2 years to early. My info tells me that they have 3 U16s in the 1st XV. They may be good players but when it gets physical it is normally too much of a big ask for the young blokes to hack it, especially if they are in the forwards. I think the bigger sides will bash Joeys into submission.

You may well be right BWF but I'm banking on a Joeys resurgence a bit earlier than you. I thought their seconds team last year was a very dominating side and as I understand quite a few of these boys are returning it will make things very interesting. Plus as you've noted they've got 3 outstanding 16 year olds taken from a side that has been at the top of their age group since U13s. Let's see how it all pans out. I'm more than happy to eat humble pie if it's put in front of me.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Some interesting stats over the last 15 years of GPS rugby. Who has won the most GPS premierships in that time?

Including joint premierships it's:

1. Kings 7 (3 joint)
2. Joeys 6 (2 joint)
3. Riverview 5 (3 joint)
4. Shore 2 (2 joint)
5. Newington 1
6. Scots 0
7. Grammar 0
8. High 0

Does that surprise anyone?

Q

QuadeCooperFan

i think its a good thing. it means its been very competitive.

F

Finland Fella

Some interesting stats over the last 15 years of GPS rugby. Who has won the most GPS premierships in that time?

Including joint premierships it's:

1. Kings 7 (3 joint)
2. Joeys 6 (2 joint)
3. Riverview 5 (3 joint)
4. Shore 2 (2 joint)
5. Newington 1
6. Scots 0
7. Grammar 0
8. High 0

Does that surprise anyone?

That's right CTPE and let me concentrate those figures, tightening them down to the GPS Premierships won over the past 12 months ...

Newington 1
Scots 0
Shore 0
Grammar 0
High 0
Joey's 0
Iggies 0
Kings 0

Does that surprise anyone ?

F

Finland Fella

Very droll FF (Folau Fainga'a).

Sorry Lee, couldn't resist.

I'm wondering if someone with Joey's connections could let me know whether Gerard McTaggart, last season's halfback is still at the College ???
I was led to believe he was in year 11 in 2010. And yet I keep hearing that Angus LeLievre and Michael Kovacic are the only two backing up ??????

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sorry Lee, couldn't resist.

I'm wondering if someone with Joey's connections could let me know whether Gerard McTaggart, last season's halfback is still at the College ???
Still at school, recovering from a knee injury though he sustained at a Brumbies Camp in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.