• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
never have fathomed the joeys or view thing - joeys were even coached by a highly successful coach from SGS for some years during the last 40 or so: they just dont care enough I guess.

The Grammar thing this year came down to attitude - they believed that if they did the work they could do it: that's pretty true of just about anything but geez its hard to convince people of that.

To get back on thread: I am firmly of the view that if a few kids wanted to be competitive in rugby and they were prepared to give up a few things to be so thats all it would take to be competitive - but, again, no one cares enough

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Give 'view a break - was that their first premiership?
And bloody luck y to win it as I recall - played the decider against SGS...as I recall
Indeed they did - once Joeys won their game against Shore, the Grammar v Riverview game became the decider. 4-0 to 'view.

F

Finland Fella

Hope you're not insinuating something sinister there, View had only two blokes repeating in 6th form 1980 who played in the the Firsts, and one of them was in the 4ths the year before, and only one, the captain, from that team made the GPS 1sts that year. No new outsiders in that team, same with the 2nds who also won.

They won because of a great team spirit emanating from being solid mates with each other all thru these years with a very inspirational captain.

Nah ! But it's funny that they win only their 3rd premiership (been in since 1907) in a centenary year ... Funny eh.
No, the only blatant piece of silvertailing came with Scots in 93 - Joey's 1994 was largely due to Marc Stcherbina getting KO'd by a fellow team-'mate' in the game at Hunters Hill.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Nah ! But it's funny that they win only their 3rd premiership (been in since 1907) in a centenary year ... Funny eh.
No, the only blatant piece of silvertailing came with Scots in 93 - Joey's 1994 was largely due to Marc Stcherbina getting KO'd by a fellow team-'mate' in the game at Hunters Hill.
I watched the 1994 Joeys v High game and became a convert to the concept of fast skilful forwards hunting as a pack being better than a large pack.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That seemed to be Joey's answer to the U19 laws in relation to scrums - they were very good at it - but my impression is that they've moved away from that philosophy.

I

International Badboy

Joeys is still a nurseary of Flankers, particularly fast athletic ones just look at this year and next year, Penisi and Goldie (one Captain of 15s NSW and injured this year, the other one NSW 15s flanker and injured this year at selection time i believe ???) pushing to make the team with one missing out depending on other spots

O

ON85

They're called the rules - they exist in all societies and in most competitions: you either play by them or you leave. You dont get to choose which ones you abide by and which ones you dont. There's nothing wrong with changing the landscape in your own backyard but when you decide you're going to make changes which either undermine adjoining properties or cause your property to overrun the adjoining one then you have problems.
I'd love to hear your definition of a "leninist protocol" - just for a laugh

They're not 'rules', they are in fact a hastily cobbled together set of guidelines and a code of practice, last amended in the year 2000. If we applied your 'play by the rules or leave' edict, I doubt there'd be any AAGPS members competing in sport. You need browse no further than codes of behavior.

Your real property analogy is flawed. It assumes that the other landowners have never violated boundaries or the other rights of their neighbors.

As for your last remark, being patronizing towards contributors is becoming quite a habit of yours, not that I'm offended, would just seem a waste of time to discuss stuff with someone intent on being dismissive in the absence of a decent counter argument

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
They're not 'rules', they are in fact a hastily cobbled together set of guidelines and a code of practice, last amended in the year 2000. If we applied your 'play by the rules or leave' edict, I doubt there'd be any AAGPS members competing in sport. You need browse no further than codes of behavior.

Your real property analogy is flawed. It assumes that the other landowners have never violated boundaries or the other rights of their neighbors.

As for your last remark, being patronizing towards contributors is becoming quite a habit of yours, not that I'm offended, would just seem a waste of time to discuss stuff with someone intent on being dismissive in the absence of a decent counter argument

So your saying that the GPS Code of Practice are not rules, but mear recomendations? Therefore Newington arnt breaking any rules?

Thats a little far fetched...

O

ON85

So your saying that the GPS Code of Practice are not rules, but mear recomendations? Therefore Newington arnt breaking any rules?

Thats a little far fetched...

No, guidelines and a code of practice, neither of which have been particularly well observed by any schools for as long as they've been
in place. Nothing far fetched about the state of that reality. Newington are drawing attention because they're developing a decent Rugby programme, using some time honoured GPS strategies and that does not suit some traditionalists.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
No, guidelines and a code of practice, neither of which have been particularly well observed by any schools for as long as they've been
in place. Nothing far fetched about the state of that reality. Newington are drawing attention because they're developing a decent Rugby programme, using some time honoured GPS strategies and that does not suit some traditionalists.

The thrust of the second clause of the first sentence is that no school observes the guidelines or code.
Is that the meaning you intended to convey?
If so you might like to provide some evidence of High, grammar or shore breaching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.