1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Lee Grant, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

never have fathomed the joeys or view thing - joeys were even coached by a highly successful coach from SGS for some years during the last 40 or so: they just dont care enough I guess.

The Grammar thing this year came down to attitude - they believed that if they did the work they could do it: that's pretty true of just about anything but geez its hard to convince people of that.

To get back on thread: I am firmly of the view that if a few kids wanted to be competitive in rugby and they were prepared to give up a few things to be so thats all it would take to be competitive - but, again, no one cares enough
  2. Nusadan Chilla Wilson (44)

Third premiership.

No luck there, a good team works hard to create 'luck'.
  3. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

I agree - the harder I work the luckier I get: it was a close game, wasn't it?
  4. cyclopath Stirling Mortlock (74)

Indeed they did - once Joeys won their game against Shore, the Grammar v Riverview game became the decider. 4-0 to 'view.
  5. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

I was watching (under a 2 week suspension!) - didn't realise it was that close
  6. Finland Fella Chris McKivat (8)

Nah ! But it's funny that they win only their 3rd premiership (been in since 1907) in a centenary year . Funny eh.
    No, the only blatant piece of silvertailing came with Scots in 93 - Joey's 1994 was largely due to Marc Stcherbina getting KO'd by a fellow team-'mate' in the game at Hunters Hill.
  7. lincoln Bob Loudon (25)

I watched the 1994 Joeys v High game and became a convert to the concept of fast skilful forwards hunting as a pack being better than a large pack.
  8. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

That seemed to be Joey's answer to the U19 laws in relation to scrums - they were very good at it - but my impression is that they've moved away from that philosophy.
  9. International Badboy Ted Fahey (11)

Joeys is still a nurseary of Flankers, particularly fast athletic ones just look at this year and next year, Penisi and Goldie (one Captain of 15s NSW and injured this year, the other one NSW 15s flanker and injured this year at selection time i believe ???) pushing to make the team with one missing out depending on other spots
  10. ON85 Peter Burge (5)

They're not 'rules', they are in fact a hastily cobbled together set of guidelines and a code of practice, last amended in the year 2000. If we applied your 'play by the rules or leave' edict, I doubt there'd be any AAGPS members competing in sport. You need browse no further than codes of behavior.

Your real property analogy is flawed. It assumes that the other landowners have never violated boundaries or the other rights of their neighbors.

As for your last remark, being patronizing towards contributors is becoming quite a habit of yours, not that I'm offended, would just seem a waste of time to discuss stuff with someone intent on being dismissive in the absence of a decent counter argument
  11. dermo Larry Dwyer (12)

So your saying that the GPS Code of Practice are not rules, but mear recomendations? Therefore Newington arnt breaking any rules?

Thats a little far fetched.
  12. ON85 Peter Burge (5)

No, guidelines and a code of practice, neither of which have been particularly well observed by any schools for as long as they've been
    in place. Nothing far fetched about the state of that reality. Newington are drawing attention because they're developing a decent Rugby programme, using some time honoured GPS strategies and that does not suit some traditionalists.
  13. Inside Shoulder Nathan Sharpe (72)

The thrust of the second clause of the first sentence is that no school observes the guidelines or code.
    Is that the meaning you intended to convey?
    If so you might like to provide some evidence of High, grammar or shore breaching them.