• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baldingwingforward

Trial games this Saturday are:

1. View v Scots at Riverview
2. New v Shore at Stanmore
3. Kings v Joeys at Kings
4. High v St Andrews at McKay Oval
5. Grammar v Oakhill at Weigall

Tips:
1. View to win in a tight/physical contest.
2. New by quite a few
3. Joeys in a close one
4. St Andrews by about 15-20
5. Oakhill by about 10-15

jakub

Frank Row (1)
I think that is is going to be a hard match for joeys to get passed kings.But i think joeys will win by 10,i also think riverview will win

Q

QuadeCooperFan

hmmm im hearing both Kings and Newington entered into the Waratah Shield comp. it seems a bit odd, if i were the coaches of either of these teams i'd want them to be at full strength for the GPS games. Kings played Ashfield High today and heard they won quite comfortably. Does anyone know the result for the Newington match (if they played today)? The draw says they vs Kirrawee high school in round 1.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Dempsey will be no where near that gps first team for starters, much better backrowers,

It seems a common opinion on these sites that the View boys that go on to represent GPS dont deserve to be there, yet they seem to be very consistent as a team, year in year out, always coming 1,2 or 3.

For those youngens in the know; would it be safe to say they play exceptionally well as a team and due to their combined success, some of their players make these squads by default? Or is the player dislike more an immature rival school thing and in reality, these players are individually brilliant?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
It seems a common opinion on these sites that the View boys that go on to represent GPS dont deserve to be there, yet they seem to be very consistent as a team, year in year out, always coming 1,2 or 3.

For those youngens in the know; would it be safe to say they play exceptionally well as a team and due to their combined success, some of their players make these squads by default? Or is the player dislike more an immature rival school thing and in reality, these players are individually brilliant?

Probably a bit of both, though view have some good individuals this year who will go close to the gps team

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys in with a good chance in most age groups this year, 13,14,15 A all strong, 16 A need more structure, with 2 gun centres on the wings

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Probably off the basis of Michael Wells selection last year in Aus Schoolboys.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
i have beeeen told that if an under 16's player plays firsts they are then automaticlly selected for gps under 16's is this true?

U

unclechester

Joeys in with a good chance in most age groups this year, 13,14,15 A all strong, 16 A need more structure, with 2 gun centres on the wings

Sorry but i can't see Joeys going anywhere in the 16s or opens this year. I think everyone here knows while they may be wowing us by selecting a few 16s in their 1s they have not been their best players, probably picked on the basis of a poor year 12 footy group.
I can recall their 15s last season being very sloppy in the backs and weak in the loose forwards (besides 7).
Maybe next year

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
funnily enough out of those "weak" loose forwards, 1 is now in the 1s, another only just got dropped from the 2nds and neither of those were the 7 so you sir are a fool

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
I also noticed that most of joeys 15's teams last year were undefeated or only lost 1 gay by less than a try, they definitely have the depth to cover for the boys missing to opens

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
By all means - no need to ask, just start a new thread GPS (Sydney) Under Age Rugby 2011 or some such name and let's see if the kite flies.

jakub

Frank Row (1)
yes my brothers son which is at the joeys tells me that the year 12 are a week year group.But i have to give some credit to the year 10's that are playing throughout 1st and seconds.It is great experience for them.Joeys are going to have to earn this premiership

F

Finland Fella

any tips for the weekend?

Don't go swimming straight after a meal - wait say, half an hour to be totally safe.

I think Grammar will get Oakhill at Weigall ... Newington and Shore, mmmm interesting - will definetely show us where Shore are @... Kings should edge out Joey's but then again I thought Scots would've done that last week... Iggies might be a bit too strong for Scots up at Mr Tambourine Man Oval.

F

Finland Fella

As usual the less experienced among you always expect too much from schools and teams who never produce: I refer of course to Scots.

Hey if I'm the 'less experienced' one you're refering to - I'm a chronically slow learner... (having been around this comp since Adam played flyhalf for High - ahhh, they were the days, Eve would cheer from the Mackay Oval sideline, apple slices would be served up at half time ...)
And Sticky, one may well have been catagorizing Newington that same way this time last season...
Not sure I follow your drift ... oh, I get it, you just don't like Scots ?????

S

sick_kent

yes my brothers son which is at the joeys tells me that the year 12 are a week year group.But i have to give some credit to the year 10's that are playing throughout 1st and seconds.It is great experience for them.Joeys are going to have to earn this premiership

i thought that was obvious from the lack of year 12's in the joey's firsts team.

oh and you spelt weak wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.