• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
You could say scots are favourites for their clash with Joeys, going on recent form. But Joey's at home is always tough.
I think Grammar are being sold as stronger than usual and some are picking Grammar to touple Kings when they play.

I was going to wander up to Joeys to watch their game against Scots but a good mate whose son plays for Grammar has convinced me to make the trip west with him to Kings. He told me last night that Grammar really fancy their chances today.

Kings have not been good this year as their trial form revealed. I also note that they lost two of their home games last year albeit by a point in each game but losing at home to Grammar would be absolutely devastating for the rest of their season. I expect that they'll aim up in front of their home crowd.

durkadurka

Peter Burge (5)
Amazing build up to what was the best atmosphere surrounding a GPS game at Joeys in years, culminating in a Second XV victory for The Scots College, and a reverant minutes silence to rugby legend Dave Brockhoff. However what was to follow was a disgrace to the traditions of GPS Rugby which has been built up to such a spectacular standard. The attitude of the Scots openside breakaway Walters towards the SJC 10 Deegan, was nothing short of bullying and despite the fact that rugby is a contact sport, Walters (who had seemingly been put up to the task by his coaches) continued to disrespect Deegan, physically and in a manner that has no place in our game. Additionally, as a qualified and experienced Rugby referee and assistant referee, the fact that there was no penalties awarded to SJC for this let alone a yellow or red card was nothing short of a disgrace to the game that is played in heaven.

In saying this I would firstly like to point out that he was the best player on the field today and have nothing against him as a player or as a person, I have seen him play numerous times now and think he is one of the highest calibre players, let alone backrowers to have graced the GPS competition in years. Also congratulations to the Scots College for their wins in the 1st-4th XVs, something which hasn't happened against Joeys in years (from memory).

Regards, durkadurka.

durkadurka

Peter Burge (5)
Thought he had a solid game, made some good runs and scored at least 1 try (possibly two). Didn't standout but I thought he didn't look out of place which should be a big compliment to him as an U/16.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Amazing build up to what was the best atmosphere surrounding a GPS game at Joeys in years, culminating in a Second XV victory for The Scots College, and a reverant minutes silence to rugby legend Dave Brockhoff. However what was to follow was a disgrace to the traditions of GPS Rugby which has been built up to such a spectacular standard. The attitude of the Scots openside breakaway Walters towards the SJC 10 Deegan, was nothing short of bullying and despite the fact that rugby is a contact sport, Walters (who had seemingly been put up to the task by his coaches) continued to disrespect Deegan, physically and in a manner that has no place in our game. Additionally, as a qualified and experienced Rugby referee and assistant referee, the fact that there was no penalties awarded to SJC for this let alone a yellow or red card was nothing short of a disgrace to the game that is played in heaven.

In saying this I would firstly like to point out that he was the best player on the field today and have nothing against him as a player or as a person, I have seen him play numerous times now and think he is one of the highest calibre players, let alone backrowers to have graced the GPS competition in years. Also congratulations to the Scots College for their wins in the 1st-4th XVs, something which hasn't happened against Joeys in years (from memory).

Regards, durkadurka.

How big is Deegan if Walters bullies him. Walters is hardly massive.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was going to wander up to Joeys to watch their game against Scots but a good mate whose son plays for Grammar has convinced me to make the trip west with him to Kings. He told me last night that Grammar really fancy their chances today.

Kings have not been good this year as their trial form revealed. I also note that they lost two of their home games last year albeit by a point in each game but losing at home to Grammar would be absolutely devastating for the rest of their season. I expect that they'll aim up in front of their home crowd.

Well so much for Grammar's high hopes:

Firsts: Kings 39 Grammar 14
Seconds: Kings 35+ Grammar 7
16As: Kings 93 Grammar 0

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Well so much for Grammar's high hopes:

Firsts: Kings 39 Grammar 14
Seconds: Kings 35+ Grammar 7
16As: Kings 93 Grammar 0

I warned that it was unlikely the stars would align away from Weigall.

And this is the last of Grammar's good years in the firsts. As is evidenced by the 16A result. What a shame.

A

attack21

GPS Backline revised from the game today...
9: Merriman (Shore)
10: Horwitz (Scots)
11: Kellaway (Scots)
12: Stewart (Scots)
13: Roods (New)
14: Roye (New)
15: Vaux (Riverview)

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I warned that it was unlikely the stars would align away from Weigall.

And this is the last of Grammar's good years in the firsts. As is evidenced by the 16A result. What a shame.

We turned up at 1 pm expecting to watch the thirds but found it was Kings v Grammar in the 16As. Kings 16As are a very, very good side and I've seen quite a number of these boys before in the ARU JGS program. They led 43-0 at half time and didn't let up in the second half with the scoreboard indicating that they scored 15 tries.

Whilst Grammar were obviously totally outclassed the thing that impressed me was that this Kings side played team football for the whole of the game despite the inferiority of their opposition. Their halves Davis (9) and Tulloch (10) just did tore holes in Grammar's defence and laid on a heap of tries for their outside backs particularly Carter (13). I'd be very surprised if they're not the GPS U16 nos 9 and 10 and given the amount of football they've played together for Country and Illawarra will also be the likely NSW Schools U16 halves. Very impressed with both breakaways Macalman (yet again!!) and Black who both ran like centres scoring at least a double each. Bateman (LHP) and Greentree (5) did a heap of the dirty work at ruck time and delivered the good quality ball their backs just devoured.

J

jayden

GPS Backline revised from the game today...
9: Merriman (Shore)
10: Horwitz (Scots)
11: Kellaway (Scots)
12: Stewart (Scots)
13: Roods (New)
14: Roye (New)
15: Vaux (Riverview)
Has horwitz out played king and vaux

Status
Not open for further replies.