• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I can confirm that the Joeys-Riverview 1st XV match this year will be played at 11:15 with the 2nd XV at 10. I think its a shame for the year 12 boys who have been looking to this day since they started in yr 7 and the atmosphere of the event will be taken away from the day. I agree something needed to be done about drunken behaviour from old boys, but i dont think this is the right way.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I can confirm that the Joeys-Riverview 1st XV match this year will be played at 11:15 with the 2nd XV at 10. I think its a shame for the year 12 boys who have been looking to this day since they started in yr 7 and the atmosphere of the event will be taken away from the day. I agree something needed to be done about drunken behaviour from old boys, but i dont think this is the right way.
so therell be games after the first?

S

Stickybeak

Do the schools think that they might be letting the community down, not to say wasting the fee paying parent's money, by turning out people with so little self respect that they think its a good idea to get absolutely slaughtered in the name of god knows what........or is the game too important to worry about the cultural issues?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I have heard that the Schools are very concerned by what happened last year and will take the game to a stadium with security if there is a repeat of last year. I hope the Old Boys respect the schools' wishes and tone it down - it would be a real shame if this fixture was taken away from the school grounds.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Do the schools think that they might be letting the community down, not to say wasting the fee paying parent's money, by turning out people with so little self respect that they think its a good idea to get absolutely slaughtered in the name of god knows what........or is the game too important to worry about the cultural issues?

Sticky; you, I, and everyone else on these boards know that every school produces its share of dickheads. I don't think it is fair to put the behaviour of a few fools at the feet of the schools. Clearly they are taking actions to try to avoid a repeat. The fools involved are adults, and should have some self-respect enough to not do it.

Bill McLean (32)
There is another place in Sydney called Rooty Hill. Can't say I enjoyed visiting there for parties in my young days as much I do going to Hunters Hill now. Didn't live up to it's name.

LMAO@LG ... You obviously were not going to the right part of the Hill my friend!

S

Stickybeak

Sticky; you, I, and everyone else on these boards know that every school produces its share of dickheads. I don't think it is fair to put the behaviour of a few fools at the feet of the schools. Clearly they are taking actions to try to avoid a repeat. The fools involved are adults, and should have some self-respect enough to not do it.

Its about the kids/players...pounds to peanuts that no one who played in the 1sts or 2nds at either school is involved. I agree that it changes it for the players if they don't play at 3:15, as used to be the case when there was a test match in Sydney. Joeys had security guards on Saturday for the 7 old boys and 1 current boy from the SGS who attended

R

rara10

Has anyone got any results from the 16a games that were played at the weekend?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Lee could you please do a match report of the Joeys Vs. Grammar fixture?

Sorry - I was getting ready to go to it and thence to the test match but one of my dogs took ill and I had to take him to an emergency vet.

One of the few at Hunters Hill I have missed for a while.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Has anyone got any results from the 16a games that were played at the weekend?
Scots v View was cancelled
Joeys played against Sydney Western Zone and lost 7-5 in a very physical contest.
I dont know the result of Shore v Newington game.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Sorry - I was getting ready to go to it and thence to the test match but one of my dogs took ill and I had to take him to an emergency vet.

One of the few at Hunters Hill I have missed for a while.

Lucky my prediction proved a dud.

O

OppO

Maybe place different schools in different sentences. Can't make sense of your post... pennisi is out for kings, james goldie is in.. and this improves joey's backrow?

Either way I'd still have Scots and View back row over Kings or Joey's.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Maybe place different schools in different sentences. Can't make sense of your post... pennisi is out for kings, james goldie is in.. and this improves joey's backrow?

Either way I'd still have Scots and View back row over Kings or Joey's.
Penisi is out and Goldie in for Joeys

S

SmarterChild12

Penisi is out and Goldie in for Joeys

About time the Goldie was in the Joeys 1st XV, Sydney Junior representative and what I think, a potential GPS 1st XV Backrower next year with the likes of Jack Dempsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom