• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
You could ask one of the 30 who played - they cared

It's the only game they'd ever remember and reminisce about in reunions years afterwards...so it's all systems go and no holds barred there!

For many of them it's the only opportunity to make a mark at school in terms of their own sporting prowess.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Tips for this weekend
Joeys vs Newington - winner will finish in 3rd spot, Joeys have done better than some excepted Newington have done worse. Could be a really good game with both teams wanting to finish there year on a win. Joeys by 8

Scots vs Grammer - Scots easy, although itll mean nothing really. Scots by 40+

Kings vs Shore - could be Shores upset win for this season but cant really see Kings getting beat at home. Kings by 12

Riverview vs High - View to celebrate there two preimerships, Views 2nds should win 60+

T

The Blindside

Newington 13A's - GPS Champions

Newington 13A's finished a stellar season with a 50 point thumping of a brave, but outclassed St. Joseph's team at Hunters Hill this morning, to become undefeated GPS Champions.

T

Tireless Backrower

There is no such competition and with 4 players from the NSWPSSA team of 2010 they would have to be coached by Robbie Deans not to have been undefeated

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
From what I've seen, the New 13A's have a good team with 3 very physically dominant players. It will be interesting to see how things go for them over the next few years once the size difference of the players evens out. I didn't think New's skills set across the team were better than anyone else's.

M

magpie52

I would not call 32-15 a '50 point thumping'. 2 big and skillful Islander kids the only difference.

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
Newington 26/23 - Joeys 14 (think). Fairly one sided affair. (4 tries to one) Newington 7 was outstanding as was 14 and 6 for Joeys. This one could have blown out another 20 to New but way to many errors including 2 balls dropped over the line by New.

Two interesting teams this year....New who have underachieved this year and looked one dimensional, and a Joeys team who simply lacked the usual talent / depth this year that you would normally expect. (New seconds also won).

D

Dingdong

Newington 26/23 - Joeys 14 (think). Fairly one sided affair. (4 tries to one) Newington 7 was outstanding as was 14 and 6 for Joeys. This one could have blown out another 20 to New but way to many errors including 2 balls dropped over the line by New.

Two interesting teams this year....New who have underachieved this year and looked one dimensional, and a Joeys team who simply lacked the usual talent / depth this year that you would normally expect. (New seconds also won).

Did Tepai play 1st's ?

T

Tireless Backrower

Scots 95 SGS (a brave) 5
Grammar scored first suggesting Scots might have turned up with the post match plans foremost in their minds

T

Try Time

Actually 28-14 and 5 tries to 1 but I agree with all your other comments. Newington 7 does the work of 3 players which unfortunately was necessary because a few others weren't carrying their weight. Newington were a major disappointment in 2011. Their trial form was poor yet the selectors chose to stick with some selections they had clearly decided upon over the summer. Shame they didn't pick the team on form because the 2nds had a very good year. Coming 3rd in a 6 team comp (sorry SGS) is a out and out failure for Newington. A review of the program is warranted.

Joeys is a wonderful rugby school and will always be the benchmark but they clearly lack the talent of previous years. I felt sorry for the Joeys 10. For some of the nonsense I've read here, he was out of his depth physically. He should have been playing 16A's and I hope for his sake his development as a player hasn't been hurt. Hopefully he will be a key contributor in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.