• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Will Josh Shwagger be (is that how you spell it) back this term??
Just got the word that Schwager is back from injury, and the coaches are naming squads wednesday morning. Apparently all bar one or two guys with chronic injury are available. Should be posted in the morning. Any other schools got their first XV's out for viewing yet?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Prediction for this weekend.
Newington to keep the momentum going into the comp season, although this should be their toughest game with a Riverview side on the rise. New 26-24
Scots to give Kings only there second lose of the year and get their second win. Stewart to star. Scots 22-7
Joeys will give Shore their first 'heavy' defeat, cant see them doing as well without Pulver. Joeys 31-12.

In other news Presidents Bs 10 Connor O'Shea has been named in Joeys seconds for this weekend. Hopefully he can prove that his exclusion from the NSW 16s side was a joke and perform well.

T

Tight head Lion

Predictions
Fine Scots Boys to belt overrated Kings at home. Fortress Bellevue is ready again. Main looks great
Newington to easily beat the soft Riverview team who were lucky last term to beat Scots
Shore will be too good for the Joeys boys who really lack pace and size.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Prediction for this weekend.
Newington to keep the momentum going into the comp season, although this should be their toughest game with a Riverview side on the rise. New 26-24
Scots to give Kings only there second lose of the year and get their second win. Stewart to star. Scots 22-7
Joeys will give Shore their first 'heavy' defeat, cant see them doing as well without Pulver. Joeys 31-12.

In other news Presidents Bs 10 Connor O'Shea has been named in Joeys seconds for this weekend. Hopefully he can prove that his exclusion from the NSW 16s side was a joke and perform well.
R2. Team please?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
It will be interesting to see how all the NSW and Australian Schoolboys reps have pulled up after a pretty tough 4 weeks of rugby - by my count up to 7 pretty physical games in those 4 weeks for the boys who went through from GPS reps to Oz reps. No doubt a few niggling injuries being carried by some which might impact on performances this weekend.

FootyForever

Stan Wickham (3)
Predictions
Fine Scots Boys to belt overrated Kings at home. Fortress Bellevue is ready again. Main looks great
Newington to easily beat the soft Riverview team who were lucky last term to beat Scots
Shore will be too good for the Joeys boys who really lack pace and size.

Clearly a biased scots supporter, but I do agree with your predictions, but for different reasons
Scots to beat Kings: As long as scots forwards perform their backs should perform well.
Newington to beat Riverview: I am not sure about other schools, but Australian Schoolboy representatives are being given a well deserved rest at riverview. Therefore, the Newington forward should be able to out play the inexperience riverview pack.
Shore to beat Joeys: Shore would be very confident coming off their great perfomance in Queensland, back them to perform well.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Shore's 1st XV for this weekend:

1. Streeter.
2. Fitzpatrick (c)
3. Davo Mccathie
4. James Rickard
5. Patrick Fishburn
6. Nathan Lucas
7. Jum Woodhill
8. Calum Buckling
9. Harry Emery
10. Jack Clancy
11. Matt Buchanan-Reeks
12. George Koukoullis
13. Rob Arnold
14. Charlie Oldham
15. Steane Davies

Injured: Nick Fletcher, Angus Cooke, Nick Clancy, Angus Pulver (played schoolboys on Saturday but being rested due to a minor hand injury)

Bart Rollins, now returned from injury, is also starting in the 2nd XV this week to ease himself back into contact. Should be interesting to see how he performs.

Personally, I think Joeys / Shore will be a close game, with Shore carrying a few injuries within key players. Could go either way, but the Shore supporter in me says Shore by 4. In other games, I reckon Kings over Scots and Newington over View.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Nice video Joe, but that is not going to help their forwards win any ball.
Doesn't matter who they have in the backs if they never get their hands on the ball.
Scots will not beat anyone with a competent pack.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think all of the GPS schools would have the same philosophy Joe!!

I'm not sure that Kings are overrated, but they haven't produced what they are capable of yet.....now that 2/3 of the team have had the experience of playing for the state and national teams I am sure they will be a different team...

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
I think all of the GPS schools would have the same philosophy Joe!!

I'm not sure that Kings are overrated, but they haven't produced what they are capable of yet...now that 2/3 of the team have had the experience of playing for the state and national teams I am sure they will be a different team.
You would have a real complex if you didn't make it.

G

G-78-XV-V

Are the Grammar boys playing at Weigal? If so what time are the rated 16a's playing, might catch the game on the way to Bellevue Hill.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
Please All,

Can we possibly remember for a short while, that when we are watching, writing or talking about the lads playing rugby for whatever team tomorrow – whether it be the 13H’s, 9thXV or 1stXV – that they are only just that – boys.

With the dreadful situation that saw the young Kings lad’s life cut so tragically short recently – please consider – it could just as easily have been one of your children – or even one of us.

One hopes that even in this day and age of “professionalism” or whatever you want to call it that we read about here - that the Rugby Family – as well as the GPS Community – will come together to pay their last respects to this young man and his family – perhaps in the same manner as the moving tribute paid to David Brockhoff at the St Josephs vs TSC 1st XV match played last year at Hunters Hill.

Such a mark of respect would not but out of order (IMHO) at Bellevue Hill tomorrow, at such a tragic time for this young’s man’s family.

The Hound

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Very pertinent words indeed, Hound.

As you point out, this dreadful situation could so very easily have occurred to one of our own kids, or even one of us oldies.

I am not sure whether Tom was any good at rugby, and that is irrelevant. He played Heavensgame, and now he is running the water up there.

He was one of the Rugby Family - end of story.

In the eyes of the game that is played in Heaven, we are all equal from Wallaby to 1st XV to the 13 H’s, from the Under 6’s to the Canteen Volunteer, Water boy and even the Assistant Referee.

I think, as a mark of respect for Tom, his family and friends, a moments silence would not be out of place at all schoolboy games tomorrow, GPS, ISA and CAS.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
OK guys let's try to stick to rugby please.

Although I would say despite the tragic nature of the event, I don't think it would be appropriate for a minute's silence at schoolboy games. Tragic events such as this happen all too frequently, and if you would be having minute's silences almost every weekend if you wanted to acknowledge every ex-GPS student who had died in sad circumstances.

W

Wowsah

OK guys let's try to stick to rugby please.

Although I would say despite the tragic nature of the event, I don't think it would be appropriate for a minute's silence at schoolboy games. Tragic events such as this happen all too frequently, and if you would be having minute's silences almost every weekend if you wanted to acknowledge every ex-GPS student who had died in sad circumstances.

With the greatest respect, it is certainly not a frequent event that an 18yo boy has the lights turned out so soon after graduating from school, and under violent circumstances. In light of this, I would echo the sentiments of Mr Jarse above and say that it certainly wouldn't be out of place considering that many current students quite possibly knew the young lad themselves. It's about relevance, and a recent cohort passing away in tragic circumstances, and in such a public manner, is certainly relevant for mine.

Back to Rugby, I enjoy reading the opinions of the people on here as everyone seems to know what they are talking about. Shore line-up looks good for this weekend. I've been told in passing (probably unreliably, the bloke I speak to is generally full of B.S but sometimes he gets it right) that their LHP's injury is not as bad as previously reported on here (double dislocation) and that the lad could be back by the first round. Sorry, I don't know his name???????

Other than the Kings Oz Schools boys being rested this weekend does anyone know if other schools are following suit? You'd think it would be wise to rest players after a heavy roster of Rugby over the break.

Hopefully we will see a competitive GPS season with all the lads fighting fit.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
With the greatest respect, it is certainly not a frequent event that an 18yo boy has the lights turned out so soon after graduating from school, and under violent circumstances. In light of this, I would echo the sentiments of Mr Jarse above and say that it certainly wouldn't be out of place considering that many current students quite possibly knew the young lad themselves. It's about relevance, and a recent cohort passing away in tragic circumstances, and in such a public manner, is certainly relevant for mine.

Well maybe it would be appropriate at Kings. But not every CAS, GPS and ISA game. I think that is a bit too far.

S

Steve McGregor

any updated injury/rested team lists available for these up-coming trials?

Status
Not open for further replies.