• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISA Follower

Frank Nicholson (4)
It appears Scots have a trial against St Augustine's in May. Should be interesting seeing Jim Stewart up against his old school, though not necessarily old team mates as Jim is in his second year of Yr 12 (Pathways).

Lomu

Bob McCowan (2)
It appears Scots have a trial against St Augustine's in May. Should be interesting seeing Jim Stewart up against his old school, though not necessarily old team mates as Jim is in his second year of Yr 12 (Pathways).
Poor Augustines will get shredded!

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
View XV contenders

1. Barker/Pribula/McGrath
2. Fotukava/Hunt/King/May
3. Kelly/Barnes/Bowditch(injured)
4. Rorke
5. Cutler
6. Dempsey/Whiteley
7. May/Menzies/Barker
8. Whiteley/Dempsey
9. Kennedy/May/Freeman
10. May/Bird/Lyons/Kennedy/Redden
11. Tooth/Molloy/B Freeman/Mete
12. Lyons/Molloy/Molloy
13. Redden/Lyons
14. Gerrey-Burgess
15. Robertson/Maunsell

there are many boys playing from last year although it is hard to pick the actual team. this is a fear idea of the squad

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
you cant "win" the 16a's or 15a's.....I dont even think you can "win" the thirds

Rugby

Official competition commenced in 1892

Trophy 1st Grade: this trophy is engraved School Challenge Trophy Presented by the President and Vice Presidents of The New South Wales Rugby Football Union.

It was first award in 1986 replacing a Shield won three years in a row TKS.

Trophy 2nd Grade this trophy is engraved W.S.Corr Shield. The Shield also has AAGPS 2nd Grade Football engraved on it.

It was first presented in 1913.

First convenor: WS Corr TKS (1896).

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
nup just same last name. doubt 2nds but

Scumberger, you seem like a man in the know. How are the View boys lookin this year? Premiership contenters? There are quite a few new names in the squad from last year, who are the key new players to look out for?

R

rugbyj

you cant "win" the 16a's or 15a's.....I dont even think you can "win" the thirds

Rugby

Official competition commenced in 1892

Trophy 1st Grade: this trophy is engraved School Challenge Trophy Presented by the President and Vice Presidents of The New South Wales Rugby Football Union.

It was first award in 1986 replacing a Shield won three years in a row TKS.

Trophy 2nd Grade this trophy is engraved W.S.Corr Shield. The Shield also has AAGPS 2nd Grade Football engraved on it.

It was first presented in 1913.

First convenor: WS Corr TKS (1896).
You can win the thirds and the 15a's and 16a's are not actually comps but every year there is a winner (who ever wins the most games)

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys 2nds team
1. Glasson
2. Heffernan/C Goldie/Follington
3. Chan/Follington
4. Hardy
5. O'Brien
6. Thompson/Hughes
7. Penisi/Pay
8. Bartlett
9. Rodgers/Makacni
10. Newsome/Bennent
11. Parker/Maclean/McCutcheon
12. Watts/Parker
13. Hanigan/Pay
14. Harrison/Beasley
15. Maclean/Rodgers

If Bennett is to play 2nds this year it will be in the centres or fullback

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Think that idea was floated but is not going to be adopted this year by the GPS.

3rds is still non-comp.

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
Think that idea was floated but is not going to be adopted this year by the GPS.

3rds is still non-comp.

3rds is still non-comp.

Changing subject, back a few pages, I noticed Kings toured the UK in early December. I'm pretty sure historically only 1 other school from AUS / NZ has ever beaten Wellington College, that being a school from NZ. (TRIVIA; Wellington old boy Jamie Salmon is still the only dual England / NZ international. Old Wellingtonians involved in the 6 nations currently number 7).

I have no particular bias in GPS rugby but for me any team that can beat Wellington and can organise a tour taking in the academies over there must be pretty focused. (not withstanding the fact that Wellington is a co-ed school, total student number around 850)

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
View went on tour as well.....not sure whether they played similar UK schools to those you've mentioned but from all accounts they had plenty of success.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Where is it? This is an outrage. This thread is completely biased against Grammar. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Ive found it surprisingly sympathetic to grammar....there are few more outraged about rugby at grammar than rugby lovers with a connection to the school in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.