• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
very little will turn on these games in terms of selections

They'll be out and about watching games every weekend during the next 4 (including this weekend) as they will have to pick their GPS I's to III's by around 12th June given that the GPS v CAS games are on 19th June and the GPS v CHS games are on 22nd June.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
You sound like we have something in common....
The exposed Sydney sandstone is marvellous to look at and they actually got more playground space as a result.
The bigger they are the harder they fall
Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog
etc. etc.
THE PROBLEM is, however,.....comprehend what Vallance thinks this achieves - he has no desire to pander to the old boys so i dont see why he doesn't just say thats it we're not playing rugby: everything else is done on his whim.
I-S, with this issue at Grammar, is it only in rugby ? Surely its not the same across all their sports program because it was only last year they won Head of the River in rowing. Just curious....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I-S, with this issue at Grammar, is it only in rugby ? Surely its not the same across all their sports program because it was only last year they won Head of the River in rowing. Just curious....
I have direct experience of rugby, cricket athletics and rowing in the last 2 years.
The description I have given applies to all but athletics although because the headmasters son is a cox he seems to have taken more interest in that lately.
the head of the river win was down to the happy coincidence of a few determined boys, +one incredibly determined boy, being in the same year at the same time: just as it was in 1978 when they last won.
The athletics doesn't seem all that well organized but I was no runner so i have no idea what is meant to happen in training: they dont hit the gym for athletics and by the look of the kings boys they sure do!!! There seems to be a small band of boys and a coach who are pretty determined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm not sure how strong the link is between athletics and rugby, but I was surprised by the number of good athletes competing for SGS last weekend at GPS. There were some big strong lads who could seriously run. I hope the school puts more resources into rugby (and sport in general) - it would gut an awful people to see Grammar fall out of the comp, especially when they clearly have some kids who are very talented outside of the classroom.

In what age group(s) - my impression is they didn't play rugby in 2011.

J

Jazzman

In what age group(s) - my impression is they didn't play rugby in 2011.

rhett coleman and karl pratley who both ran in the opens 4x100 relay both are representing sgs in the first xv and were both injured the majority of the season last year , they are the only runners playing rugby this year for grammar except for an 800m runner who is pretty lanky , not sure how he goes in rugby but i do know he plays .the high jumper and both shot putters play rugby so i doubt a very strong side could be made with 6 boys

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
How good is this Pat's outfit? Who are their key players? Would it be worthwhile watching them play View in a few weeks?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Not sure what will happen v View. Know more after match v Grammer this week. Key players from my point of view (have a cus in 2nds). Well no 10 Markus is now out with apparently shoulder surgery and 1st choice winger out also. No real depth, but will compete. In the backs the 2 centers Peter Semaan and JP Boumelhem have dominated all so far and in the forwards No. 7 Joshua Taweel is top notch & knows his way to the try line. You would enjoy watching these 3.

Thanks JC, I think I will make out there to see them.

H

HarveyColon

joeys to win 35 - 17

pats and grammar have been relatively even over the last few years but considering grammar haven't played yet pats will prbably win. no idea of a score as i haven't seen either team play yet

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Any predictions re SJC vs Oakhill?

Joeys are close to full strength and boost 12 players with 1st XV experience. Fairly small and mobile foward pack and pretty much an identical back line as last year, fitness shouldn't be a problem. Haven't seen Oakhill play yet but by all accounts there a very good side, should be a great game.

Joeys by 15+

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joeys are close to full strength and boost 12 players with 1st XV experience. Fairly small and mobile foward pack and pretty much an identical back line as last year, fitness shouldn't be a problem. Haven't seen Oakhill play yet but by all accounts there a very good side, should be a great game.

Joeys by 15+

Joey's team list?

pine cone 3

Frank Nicholson (4)

Joeys by 15+

The clash of the No7's and 12's may determine the final result.

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
who is the oakhill #7 and #12
Oaks #7 is Evan Tuckwell - 1st XV B&F last year, ISA, Sydney rep, etc. #12 is Dom Woodward, imposing inside centre - aggressive defender, strong runner and has beautiful hands/timing, also the team's goalkicker, will hopefully play ISA 1s this year.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Oaks #7 is Evan Tuckwell - 1st XV B&F last year, ISA, Sydney rep, etc. #12 is Dom Woodward, imposing inside centre - aggressive defender, strong runner and has beautiful hands/timing, also the team's goalkicker, will hopefully play ISA 1s this year.
If Oakhill can overcome the nerves they showed against Knox early on and ignore the intimidating atmosphere that a Joeys crowd can create, they'll be a good chance to cause an upset. They are strong across the park and have played several trials already. In any case it'll be a good exhibition of school boys rugby.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Good luck to all boys across all the associations for the trials tomorrow and for the upcoming season! Looking forward to all the action! Wreckless.

stem

Stan Wickham (3)
and Team Lists for the weekend?
Rumoured Kings team to play Stannies in the first GPS trial tomorrow May 12th :
1...Lucas Bateman
2...Nick Reid
3...Eddie Jin
4...Mathew Mateson
5... Lachlan Camp
6...Jack McCallum
7... Harry Randle
8... Liam Moylan
8... Andrew Ferris
10...Corey Tulloch
11...Will Davies
12... David Konstantopoulos
13... Lalaki Foketi
14...Harry Jones
15...Max Wylie

A very young inexperienced side in terms of Open GPS rugby but brimming with talent

Status
Not open for further replies.