• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

stem

Stan Wickham (3)
Fellas,

I am just finishing off an article on the View Kings game but need a hand with names. Can anyone do me team lists for the 1sts game from yesterday?

Kings F irst XV yesterday versus Riverview
1 Jack Bliss
2 Jono Burke
3 Lachlan Strachan
4 Fergus Lee-Warner
5. Mathew Matson
6. Jack McCalman
7 Harry randall (c)
8. Liam Moylan
9. Andrew Ferris
10. Max Wylie
11. Sam Carter
12. Corey Tulloch
13. Lalakai Foketi
14. Harry Jones
15. Jack Tourish

13 Lalaki replaced early first half by Nic Tregonning ( he went to the wing and Harry Jones to outside centre,
Corey Tulloch replaced early second half by Charlie Friend ( he went to 5/8 and Wylie ( Mr. Versatility...he has played every position in the backline this year !!) went to Inside centre.
The Kings backline now severely disrupted and depleted for the last 2 GPS matches and incredibly bad Luck for Lalaki ...he is rumoured to have had surgery on a compound jaw fracture Saturday evening ....unlikely to be available for the Aussie schoolboy tour.
We can all just pray and wish him a swift recovery.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
1 Jack Bliss
2 Jono Burke
3 Lachlan Strachan
4 Fergus Lee-Warner
5. Mathew Matson
6. Jack McCalman
7 Harry randall (c)
8. Liam Moylan
9. Andrew Ferris
10. Max Wylie
11. Sam Carter
12. Corey Tulloch
13. Lalakai Foketi
14. Harry Jones
15. Jack Tourish

13 Lalaki replaced early first half by Nic Tregonning ( he went to the wing and Harry Jones to outside centre,
Corey Tulloch replaced early second half by Charlie Friend ( he went to 5/8 and Wylie ( Mr. Versatility.he has played every position in the backline this year !!) went to Inside centre.
The Kings backline now severely disrupted and depleted for the last 2 GPS matches and incredibly bad Luck for Lalaki .he is rumoured to have had surgery on a compound jaw fracture Saturday evening ..unlikely to be available for the Aussie schoolboy tour.

I see Carter grabbed a couple. I suppose this will only perhaps serve to frustrate Jones more (assuming Carter stayed at 11 the whole game). Was it him creating chances, finishing off breaks, etc? Would be interested to gain perspective on what position everyone believes Jones would best be able to place himself in the game. Clearly full of talent, but I just don't see the King's system utilising him. Anyone at all of their games able to give me a good insight on this? Many thanks.

Schools Rugby Tribune

Frank Nicholson (4)
Fellas,

I am just finishing off an article on the View Kings game but need a hand with names. Can anyone do me team lists for the 1sts game from yesterday?

And if you give me an hour or so I will do an SJC vs SGS full report.

To both of you gentlemen (and others who do reports and photos), may we reproduce your match reports?

We have Gagger and the moderators' (general) permission, provided we give appropriate by-line and source acknowledgements. I would however like individual permissions before doing so.

Thanks... Editor

G

G-78-XV-V

Corey Tulloch replaced early second half by Charlie Friend ( he went to 5/8 and Wylie ( Mr. Versatility.he has played every position in the backline this year !!) went to Inside centre.
The Kings backline now severely disrupted and depleted for the last 2 GPS matches and incredibly bad Luck for Lalaki .he is rumoured to have had surgery on a compound jaw fracture Saturday evening ..unlikely to be available for the Aussie schoolboy tour.

The other change not mentioned was that McCalman 6 moved to open side to relieve Randle who suffered a minor injury in early stages of the game.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
To both of you gentlemen (and others who do reports and photos), may we reproduce your match reports?

We have Gagger and the moderators' (general) permission, provided we give appropriate by-line and source acknowledgements. I would however like individual permissions before doing so.

Thanks. Editor
Uncle Lee has copy ATM for his judicious editing, but no problem from me

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
What games are where on Sat 1 Sep?

Scots @ Grammar
Shore @ Newington
Joeys @ Kings
St. Ignatius with the bye.

Not much doubt regarding game of the round. I'm expecting blow-outs from Scots, Newington and Kings. Wouldn't be surprised if Iggies somehow pick up another few injuries despite the bye, as has been their luck.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Scots @ Grammar
Shore @ Newington
Joeys @ Kings
St. Ignatius with the bye.

Not much doubt regarding game of the round. I'm expecting blow-outs from Scots, Newington and Kings. Wouldn't be surprised if Iggies somehow pick up another few injuries despite the bye, as has been their luck.

Wouldn't be so sure about a blow out from Kings - it will be a difficult weekend for them with Foketi out, Tulloch probably in doubt but Will Davies hopefully back - either way their 2nds look like losing some backs to the 1sts when they are facing Joeys in a likely premiership decider.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wouldn't be so sure about a blow out from Kings - it will be a difficult weekend for them with Foketi out, Tulloch probably in doubt but Will Davies hopefully back - either way their 2nds look like losing some backs to the 1sts when they are facing Joeys in a likely premiership decider.

Oops I meant to seperate that.

*Blow outs for Scots and Newington. A comfortable win for Kings, though perhaps not quite as much as my previous post suggested. Apologies.

G

G&GR News Bot

The Kings school travelled to Lane Cove yesterday and won a scrappy encounter against an injury ravaged Riverview. Kings 20 – Riverview 7 In glorious conditions, Kings got off to an excellent start, nearly scoring in the first few minutes. After multiple phases, they had spun it wide for an immediate overlap however, the ball

Click this link to read the full article...

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
This type of comment is the very reason you seem to attract such hate on these forums. Not a single person on this forum predicted a result even close to what occurred, and so by your standards, no-one on here is qualified to comment on the game. I was not in attendance, nor have I seen any in depth reports as of yet. I am not aware of what happened, how the game played out, whether there was improvement through from last week. I have nothing as of yet with which I can respond to this. But there is one thing I will say. I will bet any amount of money that when those boys came off the field, they were full of emotion. I am certain that they would have felt nothing but anguish and heartbreak after such a result. What they have had to overcome through the course of this season, the transitions and changes they have had to put up with through their school lives in rugby, are something that I doubt few of us, as grown, working men, with families and mouths to feed, have ever faced or likely will ever have to face. You show not an ounce of respect to these boys. They represent you, your son, and their entire community. They train their asses of week in, week out. If they had not committed through this season like they have, these results, I guarantee you, would have been 50 points higher, week in, week out. And yet you sit there, behind your keyboard, feeling sorry for yourself, feeling the need to express your thoughts so maliciously towards a group of developing young men, men who have to balance a world of expectations in so many regards. Do the other GPS boys have to face up to the rigours of one of Australia's most intensive, expectation filled educations? No. Are they supposed to be this society's future politicians, doctors, lawyers and entrepreneurs? No. They share a common love of their school, and indeed a sport, with the boys they face every weekend.

Never have I taken a personal attack towards you, publicly humiliated you, or even attempted to engage in despicable and unnecessary tarnishing on these forums. I made a prediction. I was wrong. I thought that things may change, and I expect they will. When that is, I cannot say. People are not always right through their whole lives. No one is perfect, and yet you seem to judge an entire community, one which you surely must have once been so proud of, based on their lack of success in but a mere sliver of their dynamic, of their culture and their ethos. I will not stoop to the mud-singing you appear to have descended to during the past week. I hope you may reconsider your above comments, and treat my input on this forum with the respect that I offer yours. I may disagree with what you say, but that does not give anyone a right to tarnish and attack you. I will be at Weigal next weekend, and I will be cheering our boys as they deserve to be. And I hope you will be too.

may i say this post can also be representing the racism and hate that has been put forward to the Newington School and the racial vilification that goes on towards individual players there.

Not singling out anyone on this post. But you know who you are.

Keep the sport cleaner.
Play meaner.

That is all

T

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
may i say this post can also be representing the racism and hate that has been put forward to the Newington School and the racial vilification that goes on towards individual players there.

Not singling out anyone on this post. But you know who you are.

Keep the sport cleaner.
Play meaner.

That is all

T

Confused. I'm hoping that wasn't directed at me? If you feel I may have accidentally insinuated something, I apologise, I don't think I wrote anything suggesting as much...

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Confused. I'm hoping that wasn't directed at me? If you feel I may have accidentally insinuated something, I apologise, I don't think I wrote anything suggesting as much.

no, no not all, just using your quote to explain a deeper issue within the GPS community. Do not worry

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Match Report : Newington vs. The Bye

A large crowd didn't gather at Stanmore for the much anticipated clash between competition front runners Newington and The Bye, who have been consistent yet predictable so far this season.

The Bye were coming off a loss to Joeys while Newington were chock full of confidence after a resounding victory over Scots the previous week.

The early exchanges were dominated by Newington with The Bye offering no resistance to the determined and disciplined home team. With The Bye unable to secure any possession the outcome was always going to be predictable with the 2 points going to Newington. In the end this was much like a training drill with non-existent Bye defense affording many scoring opportunities for Newington. The Bye were losing all the collisions and failed to contest the ball at all at crucial times during the 70 minutes.

One can't really see The Bye lifting from here with a tough round next week against View who, even with much reported injuries, should come away with the points!

No injuries for New so they will approach the Shore game with a full roster in next weeks big game.

No point recording the score.

In other games, Newington were solid against The Bye in all grades in taking the points.

Cheers, Wreckless :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Australians with suntanned faces are beautiful people. Very rich culture and family centric. Awesome aussies. Love their footy. Move on.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Message To David Horwitz ..you're a champion and a credit to School and Family. Keep your head up . Message to Aussie school selectors Muppets!!!!

W

Wowsah

Message To David Horwitz ..you're a champion and a credit to School and Family. Keep your head up . Message to Aussie school selectors Muppets!!!!

Fair words, however, surely the lad replacing him is just as worthy of the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.