• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
HJ was playing 10 at Grammar before moving to Kings were he played at 15 in the 15a's and 16a's before being shunted to the wing.
Yes I am aware of this. His playmaking ability was streets ahead of any other boys I've seen at that age during my time at Grammar, both as a parent and student

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not bad for the other HJ to get almost a page of posts almost to himself in the GPS 2013 thread when he last appeared for a GPS School in 2012.

Wrong thread to a degree, but Aust rugby needs to work out how to keep talented boys like Jones, Kellaway and Stewart developing post school to feed into the U20 programme and ultimately the Soups and Wobs without turning them into Muppeteers or loosing them through form slumps.

We have done well at Schoolboy level recently but that success has not stayed with the cohort as they have journeyed into their early 20's.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Must say this hj gets a lot of mentions on a gps thread ... And must say a lot of jibberish, which only makes me thinks children

Oh well almost past bedtime.

Interesting highlights video of joeys game ... Again I focus on the number 9 ... Certainly did some good things, but also missed several tackles, albeit in tough positions

Really want to see joeys give scots a run for their money, and think curtin is a better option ... The rest of the backs are on fire ... How good is latrell ... And the 13 is coming on

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Based on what I have seen from both Kane would have been taking the penalty kicks for touch but HJ would definitely have been the better kicker in general play. King's 2nd XV no 10 George Phillip has also impressed with his kicking in general play and it's great to see a young player prepared to go for distance along the ground rather than in the air. As he's only in year 11 he'll progress very well over the next year.

Is it a boarding house thing where these skills come from all the hours of practice and peer group learning and assessment or do Kings have a Kicking Coach on their books or both?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good to see 3rd xv comp with some interest ... Although think scots will prove too strong ... So only major battle I am tipping against scots is 16As ... That will go to joeys in a tight one

Buster

Chris McKivat (8)
Will be an interesting turn out on Saturday between Joeys and Scots. Joeys look to play broken ball very well, which will keep Scots on their toes. Lussick exploited the broken play against Scots nicely on the weekend.

One thing i found interetsing in the highlights reel, the Kings centres/fullback who ran at the centres channel were able to bust through the line, not always right through, but if scots can hit the centres channel and get their offload working, its going to be tough day at the office for the fullback! That said, if Joeys can get up in the face of the Scots backs and disrupt play they way the joeys backrowers did, Scots might find them selves getting very frustrated, very quickly whcih could lead to the boil over.

I reckon this could be a belter of game!

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Gents,

Would be very interested in knowing who these 3 or 4 'rep' players are in the Sydney High's 1st XV. They are believed to play very competitive rugby league or union at a higher level than they are playing at the moment inside of school. I will be going to this game weekend to watch a fellow new boy (best mates nephew) in the 3rds and would like to know the positions of these players before seeing them in action!

Thanks.

up&under

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gents,

Would be very interested in knowing who these 3 or 4 'rep' players are in the Sydney High's 1st XV. They are believed to play very competitive rugby league or union at a higher level than they are playing at the moment inside of school. I will be going to this game weekend to watch a fellow new boy (best mates nephew) in the 3rds and would like to know the positions of these players before seeing them in action!

Thanks.

I'm not sure who the rep players are but these are my takings on their team.

The High #8 (and captain) is a big guy and a strong ball runner. He also kicks goals rather well. The 5/8 is very sharp, has a great set of feet on him. The 12 is a big bloke but looks like he would be better suited to the forwards.

M

Matthew Weston

Gents. I am sorry for my recent outburst two weeks ago. It was out of character and was said in pure vain due to the recent stories of Drugs in Sport and noticeably schoolboy sport.

let's move onto rugby (God's Game).

From here on in we have 6 rounds left for 1sts and 2nds and 5 rounds for the humble 3s.

My pick for the respective teams and the premiers and champions from 1s to 3s.

1st XV

1. Scots/Newington
3.Riverview
4.Joeys
5.Shore
6.Kings

2nd XV

1. Newington/Joeys
3. Riverview
4.Shore
5.Scots
6. Kings

3rd XV

1.Scots
2. Grammar
3.Kings
4. The Armidale School
5. Joeys
6. Sydney High
7. St.Ignatius
8.Newington
9. Shore

Your thoughts?
Cannot disagree more with the rankings for the 3rd XV. A few weekends ago i was watching the highly anticipated match up of riverview vs scots in the 1s. I arrived earlier enough to watch the 3rds match up and thought that riverview was the far superior side with there being a few very dodgy calls made by the referree. They do have size but their forwards seemed very easy to bring down

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any predictions for the weekend? So far there have been two upsets predicted - Shore over New (I hope not!) and Joeys over Scots (I hope so!)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Gents,

Thanks.
Where are High this weekend?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As a result of a bye round in the ISA, St Pats 1st XV are playing Joey's thirds. With a lot of talk surrounding this fixture and the success of the 3rd grade competition, why aren't Scots 3rds playing Joeys 3rds?? Either way i'd say the St Pats Joeys match will be quite competitive, How do Joeys fair in 3rd grade??
Scots 3rds playing Grammar 1sts. The 3rds competition doesn't follow the 1sts. Joeys 3rds would have a bye as it is a 9 team competition.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Kings 2013 back line save for boys moving on would have been an absolute gem;
15. Jones (gone)
14. Robertson (gone)
13.Carter (gone)
12. Davies
11. Kane
10. Tulloch
9. Davis

I don't follow this closely but what happened to the other two? From the results Kings would have benefitted greatly from this

Status
Not open for further replies.