• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
team lists for the weekend?

Going to make the effort and go and see these much hyped Joeys and Scots 16As ... hopefully doesn't disappoint ... again any info on match ups to watch out for ..?

Finnane versus?
Grant versus ?
King versus ?

Great weekend of sports ahead :)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
PS I have now seen that Scots, 16 second clip floating around facebook ... and reinforces a few things:

1. Kellaway is obviously electric quick
2. Leaguies always tackle high ... works fine when you have a defensive line, but not so effective in broken play, and one on one
3. Tepai is going to be very mad ... and I wouldn't want to be in Shore midfield
4. Scots probably shouldn't get too cocky, by all accounts, it was mostly an arm wrestle, and it was 4 minutes of key moment, Kellaway brillance

rickety knees

Allen Oxlade (6)
PS I have now seen that Scots, 16 second clip floating around facebook . and reinforces a few things:

1. Kellaway is obviously electric quick
2. Leaguies always tackle high . works fine when you have a defensive line, but not so effective in broken play, and one on one
3. Tepai is going to be very mad . and I wouldn't want to be in Shore midfield
4. Scots probably shouldn't get too cocky, by all accounts, it was mostly an arm wrestle, and it was 4 minutes of key moment, Kellaway brillance

As a Scots old boy i cringe when i see us gloating about winning 4 in a row, still undefeated etc...we've been in these situations plenty of times over the years and not since 93 have we come out on top. Premierships aren't won in round 5.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
As a Scots old boy i cringe when i see us gloating about winning 4 in a row, still undefeated etc.we've been in these situations plenty of times over the years and not since 93 have we come out on top. Premierships aren't won in round 5.
Agree with the sentiment but not sure many TSC true believers will be gloating. I think we all share your quiet belief in the boys. One thing I will say is that anyone who think that Scots will be overconfident against Joeys at home has never played Rugby for Scots.
Scots v Joeys has always been seen by the boys as the ultimate trophy and this group of boys will know the test in front of them.
There will plenty of respect shown and this will still be called "nil all" even if Scots is up by 10 with 5 to go.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes sorry lee, my post is now on view in the scholarships thread.

GPSrow you spend a lot of time compiling data that is uncomplimentary to Newington. Enough is enough. Spend your time being constructive about your own school team rather than making mischief ( without reference to how you could possibly know ) about Newington.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
GPSrow you spend a lot of time compiling data that is uncomplimentary to Newington. Enough is enough. Spend your time being constructive about your own school team rather than making mischief ( without reference to how you could possibly know ) about Newington.

the discussion has been moved to the scholarships thread.

I love my school and what it stands for. Since I have left the school, it has skyrocketed in both academia and sport and it shouldn't be left out on how Newington got this success. Whether it'd be through giving a helping hand to disadvantaged boys from all parts of Australia and abroad or by simply advancing and upgrading the old-school sport programs that once existed pre-mulford.

Causing Mischief is one thing, telling the truth is another my good man. I will leave it there.

rickety knees

Allen Oxlade (6)
can anyone recall the 94 finale at HH when the sprinklers went off just as scots were getting on top - killed their momentum and joeys were able to hang on to win the game and premiership.

Robert Frost

Frank Row (1)
1. James King
2 Nick Reid
3. Jim Lee
4. Jamie Greentree
5. George Lehmann/Ben Stacy
6. George Lehmann/ Sam Connor
7. Jack Mccalman
8. David Ballantyne
9. Rory Davis
10. Corey Tulloch
11. Hugh Yates
12. Will Davies
13. Charlie Friend
14. Tom Bucknell
15. James Kane

The kings team list for this week is very interesting with a huge boost to the backline with the inclusion of Will Davies (12). James Kane has reverted to the back with the juicy talent of Hugh Yates a natural Flyhalf/Fullback being pushed to the left wing (11). David Ballantyne is hitting some fine mid season form with his fantastic defence a stand out and starting to hit his straps in attack, I am bets on to see a man of the match performance from the big backrower.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
can anyone recall the 94 finale at HH when the sprinklers went off just as scots were getting on top - killed their momentum and joeys were able to hang on to win the game and premiership.
Bit older than that but remember a certain field goal incident a few years before. :( ..fire up lions...:D

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
An exceptional match played in '81, IIRC.

A Joeys field goal from the fly half from approx half way, some 6 and a half minutes into injury time.....

But what's a few minutes between mates !
(And many of them - from both teams - have become firm mates in the intervening decades.)

It should be an entertaining match at Hunters Hill tomorrow - the Joeys singing vs the Bagpipes !

rickety knees

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bit older than that but remember a certain field goal incident a few years before. :( ..fire up lions.:D

what about the 95 metre intercept in 1987 at HH for scots to win both game and championship ? The other legendry story out of this fixture is the one about mary turning around as joeys kicked a goal to win it for them in the early 80's.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
ha ... love it ... 16 minutes into injury time :)

plenty of great stories ... names like junee, herscu, magro, bowman
, burke, beale, etc

and invariably they happen at Hunters Hill

hopefully more drama and history come Saturday

maybe someone should write a book! Lee? Stan lee?

PS Crichton still out ... Joeys supporters keeping very quiet

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
the discussion has been moved to the scholarships thread.

I love my school and what it stands for. Since I have left the school, it has skyrocketed in both academia and sport and it shouldn't be left out on how Newington got this success. Whether it'd be through giving a helping hand to disadvantaged boys from all parts of Australia and abroad or by simply advancing and upgrading the old-school sport programs that once existed pre-mulford.

Causing Mischief is one thing, telling the truth is another my good man. I will leave it there.

I am not you good man.
This is a public forum and you cast innuendo on a great institution based on nothing more than the word of a mate's nephew.
Put up evidence or shut up son.

rickety knees

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the mary turning story is about a dubious conversion that may have missed but was ruled a goal.

Yeah those late 80's early 90s battles between scots and joeys were legendary.

Found this clip the other day of the Scots vs Joeys Centenary Game in 1993.

scots joeys.JPG

Attachments

• scots joeys.JPG
    scots joeys.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 241

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I am not you good man.
This is a public forum and you cast innuendo on a great institution based on nothing more than the word of a mate's nephew.

Go to the right thread to discuss this.
Read the thread, if you are still a denier you are either a fool or have a vested interest.
You think you are the first to promote this same argument?

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Go to the right thread to discuss this.
Read the thread, if you are still a denier you are either a fool or have a vested interest.
You think you are the first to promote this same argument?

Whoever you are your censure is of no importance. The original material was posted here hence my reply. Keep up with the game .

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
I am not you good man.

Mate/sir/man you need to calm down, words typed........'speak' louder on this forum than you actually think. The facts are there (on the scholarships thread) and I put heart and school on my sleeve when on this forum.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Mate/sir/man you need to calm down, words typed....'speak' louder on this forum than you actually think. The facts are there (on the scholarships thread) and I put heart and school on my sleeve when on this forum.
Don't feed the troll - anyone who has read you posts on various forums knows that you probably have a dress sense that allows you to wear any colour as long as it is black or white (or grey).

Status
Not open for further replies.