• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Joeys to be too strong for Kings

Riverview should beat Shore reasonably well

Newington to beat Scots in a close one. One thing that we have seen from New in the last year and a half is that they find a way to win the close ones. Remember last year that 3 of their wins were by less than a try - could easily have lost all 3 but didn't.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
View attachment 3951 Wanganui Collegiate School 35- SGS 14.
14-14 at half time.
SGS lost the toss and so had the dreaded uphill 2nd half made worse by a sou wester, by my assessment.
The visitors scored first from a dropped ball which was unfortunate but the Grammar boys stuck at it and retaliated through the piggies.
There seemed to be a lack of combination in the Grammar backs although there were some half breaks.
The Wanganui boys had very good passing skills which were only held in check by desperate but effective defence.
The visitors used the wind very well in the 2nd half and kept SGS pinned in their own 30. They were able to turn the pressure into possession and the possession into some points with some well worked switches, but they probably had enough ball to justify a few more tries through their backs. Again the Grammar scrambling defence deserves credit for forcing the Kiwis back into their pigs where there was a lack of accuracy in the Grammar clean out. I scored the Wanganui men the more physical of the 2 packs.
A game played in good spirit.
Wanganui hooker probably the pick for them and the Grammar 6, Gorry, played strongly, as usual.
(Apologies for the quality of the pic - taken with an iphone)

I see reserve jerseys out there; was substitution a factor in the half-time to full-time progression? And were there any injuries?

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gents sorry to post again, but I had a question as I look through the score sheets from the weekend;

Are we seeing a slight dip in the quality of kickers at the moment, or is it just me? Only 53% of conversions attempted were made on the weekend, and it appears to me that the only boys consistently hitting the mark are Andrew Kellaway of Scots and Bill Freeman of 'View.

Is this a concern considering the recent issues at the State and Test levels for Australia?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I see reserve jerseys out there; was substitution a factor in the half-time to full-time progression? And were there any injuries?
1 injury to a replacement. Did not look serious.
I don't think the replacements were the difference I think the wind was - NZ forwards were able to maintain possession and position so that when there was a turnover grammar could not get out of their half.
Grammar did not use the wind to play field position when they had it.
Suggestions from players and ref that the kiwis were somewhat illegal at the breakdown. A lot of sealing off and falling on the wrong side to my eyes but Grammar just couldnt get go forward in the forwards, which they needed because of the wind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Wolfie - if you've got a sprog on the way ( which I doubt! ) - why are you flirting with Gossip Girl???? ;)

Ahhhh Wreckers mate, the little sprout is near, i assure you that. Likely to be named for his gradfather, "The German Hound". What the wife doesnt know, doesnt hurt her. Im just having a giggle and a laff, and if she reads this, I love you honey! Hehe ;)

Wolf Out.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Have i gathered information from an inside man at the shore school and rumor has it that the players from the 1st XV will gradually swap with the players from the 2nd XV to take out the seconds comp

I doubt this, when they're a chance to come 3rd in the 1sts!If they play up to scratch of course, mind the pun, me being a wolf and all.

Wolf Out.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Ahhhh Wreckers mate, the little sprout is near, i assure you that. Likely to be named for his gradfather, "The German Hound". What the wife doesnt know, doesnt hurt her. Im just having a giggle and a laff, and if she reads this, I love you honey! Hehe ;)

Wolf Out.

wolf you little horn-dogger. Its Emily, ive been on this page for over a year now. Im watching you, and im sure Joy will be watching aswell. Be careful, youve been warned

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
wolf you little horn-dogger. Its Emily, ive been on this page for over a year now. Im watching you, and im sure Joy will be watching aswell. Be careful, youve been warned

Mr Rower/Mrs Rower, it seems you have the wrong man. As good as your intentions are, trying to hold me back, i have no idea who either of those women are. My wife name is The French Sausage Dog, and my tuning is unstoppable.

Wolf Out.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Gents sorry to post again, but I had a question as I look through the score sheets from the weekend;

Are we seeing a slight dip in the quality of kickers at the moment, or is it just me? Only 53% of conversions attempted were made on the weekend,

I had a similar concern at recent games and also the nationals, it may be worse than it seems, because the penalties attempted is not recorded, only penalties actually is kicked, it would be helpful if the reporting of penalties was for example; 4/7. (that is 4 from 7 attemps)

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks for posting those videos. I have attached the link of the Ones match to the Round 3 blog.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/nsw-gps-round-3-match-reports/

If anybody spots any current GPS or CAS You Tube videos, or the Oz Schools matches coming up, please let me know and I will insert them into blogs even though they are a few days late.

Cheers

Newington's new video is up, doesnt contain muh rugby footage though, just some big hits and try's.

Playmaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Both of these have some decent highlights

v=DCEso6n8z2o

TKS 2nds highlights were quite impressive. Quite a large turnaround for the boys from Parramatta. What about the big number 1 in space on the try line!!! could've driven a truck through it... as a former prop myself, i felt good inside for the boy

Status
Not open for further replies.