• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Scots V New ...

1st XV
NC 1
Johnson Oval

3:15pm

2nd XV
NC 2
Johnson Oval

2:00pm

3rd XV
BYE
BYE

BYE

4th XV
NC 4
Marrickville Oval

8:00am

16A
NC A
Marrickville Oval

12:00noon

16B
NC B
Marrickville Oval

11:00am

15A
NC A
Johnson Oval

1:00pm

14A
NC A
Johnson Oval

10:00am

15B
NC C
Johnson Oval

11:00am

14A
NC A
Johnson Oval

10:00am

14B
NC B
Johnson Oval

9:00am

14C
NC C
Johnson Oval

8:00am

This must be a joke right Newington?..right?..ha funny one?..wha??

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
What am I missing here? Where's the joke? :confused:
sarcasm mate.
15as on the main in a GPS round at 1.00pm.
No 3rds but a 4ths team of year 12s who have a chance to play on the Main in their last game been shunted to Marrickville along with the traditional 16as pre match.
Instead the 15As are given 3RD BILLING and why ???? look at the results last weekend and you'll see the thinking.
By the way traditionally Scots U15s usually play down a grade because half the year is away at Glengarry.
I see that the Newington no.3 game is Newington As v Scots not New Bs....on the main at 1.00pm.
I am amazed that Scots agreed to this debacle but I hope the Glengarry Boys teach the idiot organisers of this draw a lesson....

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
sarcasm mate.
15as on the main in a GPS round at 1.00pm.
No 3rds but a 4ths team of year 12s who have a chance to play on the Main in their last game been shunted to Marrickville along with the traditional 16as pre match.
Instead the 15As are given 3RD BILLING and why ???? look at the results last weekend and you'll see the thinking.
By the way traditionally Scots U15s usually play down a grade because half the year is away at Glengarry.
I see that the Newington no.3 game is Newington As v Scots not New Bs..on the main at 1.00pm.
I am amazed that Scots agreed to this debacle but I hope the Glengarry Boys teach the idiot organisers of this draw a lesson..

3rds Newington vs. View at 12 noon on Johnson - because of the 9 team competition which has Scots with a bye this week - no conspiracy theory there! I suspect that this is being given an early run so that SIC boys can get to their other games to stand by for 2nds. That would explain the 15A's being given "3rd billing" ahead of the 3rds!

4ths early start so they can get back to Stanmore to stand by for 3rds? Somehow to accommodate Joeys 5th's at Marrickville at 9.00am?

Who knows - in any case the dreaded new scoreboard will be there all day beaming out the results for 4ths, 16A's if you think that it may be an embarrassment to New! :) - there is no escape!!!

Good luck trying to please everyone with such a complex draw - I have seen draws a lot simpler break strong men!!!

Cheers, Wreckless

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
3rds Newington vs. View at 12 noon on Johnson - because of the 9 team competition which has Scots with a bye this week - no conspiracy theory there! I suspect that this is being given an early run so that SIC boys can get to their other games to stand by for 2nds. That would explain the 15A's being given "3rd billing" ahead of the 3rds!

4ths early start so they can get back to Stanmore to stand by for 3rds? Somehow to accommodate Joeys 5th's at Marrickville at 9.00am?

Who knows - in any case the dreaded new scoreboard will be there all day beaming out the results for 4ths, 16A's if you think that it may be an embarrassment to New! :) - there is no escape!!!

Good luck trying to please everyone with such a complex draw - I have seen draws a lot simpler break strong men!!!

Cheers, Wreckless
ok possible good explanation except that the 16s have been pushed completely off the main and you have 13 or 14cs playing there....There is a certain protocol and to push your 16As from their own main just because your 15as have a better chance of winning is soooo wrong its not funny. Why aren't New 4ths playing before New 3rds btw .....
There is no embarrassment in a score either. We go to watch the contest not the result I would be proud to see New and Scots compete every game on the Main the way it has been and the way it should be. Its an insult to the New boys not the Scots boys,we are the away team.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
look at the results last weekend and you'll see the thinking.

Sorry - thought that's what you were getting at!!:). As I said - don't know all the reasoning - SJC 5ths at 9AM at Marrickville could be the fly in the ointment but honestly - don't know!:confused:

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Sorry - thought that's what you were getting at!!:). As I said - don't know all the reasoning - SJC 5ths at 9AM at Marrickville could be the fly in the ointment but honestly - don't know!:confused:

And don't want to offend SJC either! Not wanting to compare the 5th's to either flies OR ointment! :confused:

Cheers, Wreckless

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Take it up with the schools.
More of a storm in a teacup than a fly in the ointment.
In days of yore the 1sts were often moved to midday, not because of old boy behaviour, but to accommodate a 3pm test match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Match of the day,
New at home, hard to beat (New by 5)
View over Shore (View by 10+)
Joey's to win over an injury depleted Kings (Joeys by 15+)

PS check the AAGPS results page, the 3rd's table is a full AAGPS table and is how ALL the tables should look!!

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Last year didn't New go down to 7ths? This year it's only 4th/5ths? Where did 40+ boys go?

Yes a lot of year 12 boys dropped out due to HSC, is what my brother tells me. Also with the introduction of Bitchball (Volleyball) and XFit, many have alternate sports that take less time. Its ridonkulous.

Wolf Out.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
team lists? hoping both Newington and Scots are full strength

going to be an epic battle ... the table shows how, in terms of for and against, they are pretty evenly matched

either way, might have to pack my mouthguard :)

Go the brumbies!!!

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Scots V New .

16A
NC A
Marrickville Oval

12:00noon
Maybe the new scoreboard cannot accommodate scores over 100.
If you get whacked in the 1's you can schedule the return match for 8am on Kirkland, and play the 16A's at 3pm on Main.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
team lists?
Joeys have a few missing.

6. R. Gallagher is still out but 5. L. Deans is back and will lock the scrum with LHP J. Hardy.

Hooker T. Glasson is out and Oz Schools Ones THP Sandell will wear the 2 jersey - interesting. Both props will be from the Twos but LHP S. Dillon went OK last week subbing for Hardy.

Oz Schools Ones player N. Hanigan is also not available. Lock K. Wingti will play 8; he'll go OK.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joeys have a few missing.

Oz Schools Ones player N. Hanigan is also not available. Lock K. Wingti will play 8; he'll go OK.

Not surprising that a few casualties from last weeks game ... and looks like Curtains for Curtin ... oh well, he must have done something wrong, or got someone's nose out of joint

bit of lip in the boarding house ... or down in confidence as someone alluded to

personally I think both Joeys half-backs are pretty reasonable

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
one of my Joeys mates, just told me Tevita Makasini made gps 3rds in 2012 ... so another case of if either of these kids were at any other school, they would have had a firm spot

hope some of these Joeys kids are back for scots fixture ... particularly Hanigan ...

Re Scots ... pretty reliable mail, that Crichton is out ... although no idea what injury is ... probably like his old man ... ie shoulder :(

Status
Not open for further replies.