• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Shore vs Riverview - An under strength View side will get done by a brave Shore side at Northbridge - Shore by 5
I think you might be right with this. Fair bit of pride at stake for Shore, a weakened Riverview (who are still a good team) and a bit of vocal support might just get them home.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Guys with 50+ postings.

Can you please advise if there are any wind-ups in the last two pages.

Anyone guilty of wind-ups will get a long ban.

Geez I hope that doesn't get a wave of wind-ups
LG,

I notice the original post has gone and I'm just concerned that if it was moderated there is at least one reply to it that contains the offending message.

B

Br Henry

Newington to beat Scotts inspired by the support of three local dogs, the Wyvern 12D lads who missed the bus home and various Portuguese house keepers who popped in for a look.

Joeys bounce Kings in a tight one at White Oval. Party pies to be a hit at the afters as always. Kings boys are always wonderful hosts.

Shore's so very undeserved season of woe will continue against Iggies. If schools won titles of heart alone Shore would have more than a European despot.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
LG,

I notice the original post has gone and I'm just concerned that if it was moderated there is at least one reply to it that contains the offending message.
I got it as an alert, but when I went on it had been deleted, as had replies containing it. Haven't checked if any remain. A truly despicable post.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Riverview V Shore, this riverview team is weakened but the replacements will be able to hold their own, view by 10+

Joeys V Kings, Joeys will put on a very sharp performance as well kings, joeys by 5+

Newington V Scots, both amazing teams, newington in very good form, Scots starting slow in some games but i think with the quick agile outside backs they'll get home, i have a feeling they might be putting on a few chip kicks over Tepai, Scots by 3

Jerusalem

Stan Wickham (3)
Shore have looked 'down and out' the last few weeks and i can't see them getting over the line against a young, fit yet beatable riverview side. The changes to the view team will give shore a sniff but I'm predicting view by 6 in a clinical display of running rugby at northbridge.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I was going to like this Cyclo - but I have " like envy"! Nearly 5000 likes - you must be really likeable!!!!

PS :what happened to the all seeing eye??? :)
It fell off its bike after hitting a stupid unleashed dog and has a broken pelvis and hand. Hence the new avatar, from Rear Window. I just watch! Everything.

footyking

Stan Wickham (3)
Its a very interesting setup for shore this weekend after suffering some more injuries

1.Ben Hollebon
2. Oli Stump
3. Al Holmesacourt
4. Lawson Muir
5. Will Lindsay
6. Henry Wrench
7. Jum Woodhill
8. Angus Cooke
9. Xander Jackman
10. Harry Emery
11. Toby Cooke
12. Jack Clancy
13. Harvey Duncan
14. Matt Dowsett
15. Hugh Berkman

Xander jackman will make his first grade debut. He was the seconds captain and has been playing exceptional footy all year, leading that team on the pitch to perfection. He should cope just fine with the big occasion for Shores last home fixture. It will be interesting to see Clancy playing at 12, he might feel a little uncomfortable playing there and not 10 but im sure he will thrive, and Emery at 10, they have played him a couple times there mid game due to injuries and he has done very well, so he should go very well im assuming. It is a little understrength shore side missing many of their usual starters, such as Oldham, Clancy, Lucas, Olver, Cater, Streeter, Pedrana (are the names i can think of) but i think the Shore boys have had enough of losing and will do anything this weekend to get that first win, i know any team hates going an entire season winless, and i think the Shore boys this weekend will really dig deep to notch up a win, in front of a very vocal Shore crowd, im predicting, due to previous games at home. Shore by 5

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Riverview v Scots' tale of the tape this season:

Rd 1 (Scots) Rd 2 (View)

1sts 40-10; 15-29
2nds 26-29; 17-24
16As 54-0; 5-28
15As 0-38; 33-7
14As 12-47; 64-0
13As 26-14; 7-31

Riverview's 14s age group completed their 3rd clean sweep last weekend.

B

Br Henry

What the.......!

Tis a small reference to the size of the Wyvern supporters last match at Hunters Hill. If the Newington boys will not travel within the inner west, how few will grace the eastern touchline at Bellevue today?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Tis a small reference to the size of the Wyvern supporters last match at Hunters Hill. If the Newington boys will not travel within the inner west, how few will grace the eastern touchline at Bellevue today?
I've lived in Sydney all my life and that's the first time I've heard leafy Hunters Hill referred to as being in the inner-west. Has some one moved the suburb since last time I was there?:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Depending where you live, the Inner West variously starts at Anzac Parade, George Street, the Harbour Bridge, The Roseville Bridge etc.

A mate of mine in Bondi reckons the Inner West starts at Bondi Junction.

Where does the Inner West end and the real West start? Confusion reigns about the border between the Outer Inner West and the Inner Outer West.:)

ld2b

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys team for this week:
This Saturday could go either way, Joeys could really switch on after a few average efforts and put Kings to the sword or they could put in another average performance and get done. I don't think Joeys could ever put in 3 bad performances in a row so ill go - Joeys by 10

Are you really of the view that Joeys could have done something more last week to stem the might of the Newington 1st XV? I think you've been a bit harsh.

B

Br Henry

Further to my observations that Newington's crowd today will be able to meet in a phone box, I had a very enlightening chat today with a neighbor with two sons at Stanmore who invited me to the Scotts game.

I raised the notable absence of NC supporters at Joeys last week with him and asked for his thoughts. He claimed that there is a large under current of resentment from students (his lads are in years 8 and 11) towards the "credit card XV" (his words). There are many boys who wish to not support this team. Any premiership they win this year in Rugby will be forever tainted ala Scotts 1993 he feels. He noted that even at home there are less than 100 boys on occasions to add their voices to the battle. He noted that in the first round with Scotts when he saw a remarkable bare hill side and more kilts than Wyvern black and white tracksuits.

With anyone with Stanmore connections like to make a comment on this claim>

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Further to my observations that Newington's crowd today will be able to meet in a phone box, I had a very enlightening chat today with a neighbor with two sons at Stanmore who invited me to the Scotts game.

I raised the notable absence of NC supporters at Joeys last week with him and asked for his thoughts. He claimed that there is a large under current of resentment from students (his lads are in years 8 and 11) towards the "credit card XV" (his words). There are many boys who wish to not support this team. Any premiership they win this year in Rugby will be forever tainted ala Scotts 1993 he feels. He noted that even at home there are less than 100 boys on occasions to add their voices to the battle. He noted that in the first round with Scotts when he saw a remarkable bare hill side and more kilts than Wyvern black and white tracksuits.

With anyone with Stanmore connections like to make a comment on this claim>
No comment from me, better suited to the other forum, again its Scots not Scotts..........

Status
Not open for further replies.