• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Lee I think Conor Menzies was wearing the no. 8 jersey however Jack hayson was positionally playing number 8.
Lee you wouldn't know what happened between the joeys and Kings 2nd XV game?

I think that the Shore people would have seen the 8 jersey then looked at the programme and seen Whiteley's name. So I'll give the tries to Menzies unless anybody knows something better.

2nd XV - Joeys 36 - Kings 20

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Who played no. 8 for View against Shore? He was probably the scorer of two tries.

LG, definitely Conor Menzies played 8 and was positionally playing 8. (Conor came into the team on Sat morning). He also scored those tries and one beauty under the posts.

I was very surprised when Conor was dropped due not being able to hold his position at the tackle. This apparently was because of his size as per my View snouts. But I didn't see his replacement Josh Mackaness do any better and he is only slightly heavier. Conor is a GPS 100m finalist and his speed is a big asset on the footy paddock.

Another forward in the View pack who did impress me with his workload and steals was Sinclair Clinton. After languishing in the Mosman 'B' team behind their champion 'A' team, Clinton certainly deserved his call-up a few weeks ago based on his excellent form that he showed against Shore.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The forward in the View pack who did impress me with his workload and steals was Sinclair Clinton. After languishing in the Mosman 'B' team behind their champion 'A' team, Clinton certainly deserved his call-up a few weeks ago based on his excellent form that he showed against Shore.

Being a lock, and having such an appropriate first name, I daresay his dad would be either Shane or Randolph, both whom have played 2 years in 2nd row for the View firsts. Shane himself played for the Oz schoolboys way back in 1979.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
LG, definitely Conor Menzies played 8 and was positionally playing 8. (Conor came into the team on Sat morning). He also scored those tries and one beauty under the posts.

I was very surprised when Conor was dropped due not being able to hold his position at the tackle. This apparently was because of his size as per my View snouts. But I didn't see his replacement Josh Mackaness do any better and he is only slightly heavier. Conor is a GPS 100m finalist and his speed is a big asset on the footy paddock.

Another forward in the View pack who did impress me with his workload and steals was Sinclair Clinton. After languishing in the Mosman 'B' team behind their champion 'A' team, Clinton certainly deserved his call-up a few weeks ago based on his excellent form that he showed against Shore.
Try scores for View were Hurley x2, McKay, Menzies and Freeman...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It seemed that Corey Tulloch had it over Andrew Deagan all day. With a quiet Joeys crowd.

Deegan was the better runner and had some dangerous runs as you can see from the clip, but his kicking from hand (including restarts) was poor.

There was some ordinary defence from both teams wasn't there - and it's why neither team was a contender in 2013.

john cena

Frank Row (1)
It seemed that Corey Tulloch had it over Andrew Deagan all day. With a quiet Joeys crowd.

patto95 mate i agree, Deegan wasn't at his best, especially in the kicking department and a few flimsy tackles. if joeys want to spoil the scots boys parade, he will have to be pin point accurate with his kicking and along with the rest of the team have to be aggressive in defence to try stop scots running out of there 22.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
credit to this sandy pye bloke that keeps producing these great highlights videos throughout the year. when the season ends i reckon the fellow film makers such as sam evans and joey riverrocks get there acts together and puts some videos up.

Sam is currently preparing for his HSC so its a bit unfair to tell him to get his act together to make some highlight videos now, hope to see some come november though.

mushroom cup 150cc

Frank Row (1)
Sam is currently preparing for his HSC so its a bit unfair to tell him to get his act together to make some highlight videos now, hope to see some come november though.

NewMacca mate im going to have to disagree, sandy pye is also preparing for his HSC at the momment, and his video highlights videos are usually 3 to 4 days after the game was actually played. i would all think it safe to say that creating highlights videos would not be seen as chore by sam but rather as an enjoyable recreational activity, and surely over this past footy season he's had a little time off the study?

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
NewMacca mate im going to have to disagree, sandy pye is also preparing for his HSC at the momment, and his video highlights videos are usually 3 to 4 days after the game was actually played. i would all think it safe to say that creating highlights videos would not be seen as chore by sam but rather as an enjoyable recreational activity, and surely over this past footy season he's had a little time off the study?

Well good on Sandy Pye, but its the own persons choice, if Sandy uses making the videos as a way to chill out thats good, but Sam makes a lot of videos, anyway back to the rugby, who was the 13 for Kings, the lines he was running were very effective but have not seen it in the earlier highlight videos?

john cena

Frank Row (1)
Well good on Sandy Pye, but its the own persons choice, if Sandy uses making the videos as a way to chill out thats good, but Sam makes a lot of videos, anyway back to the rugby, who was the 13 for Kings, the lines he was running were very effective but have not seen it in the earlier highlight videos?

13 is charlie friend, very skilful and plays with a lot of heart. he played 10 last year for the 2nd xv who finished a narrow 2nd to joeys in the 2's comp. he has adapted very well into the 13 jersey as the likes of S.Carter and H.jones left the school. he also played 10 this year on a few occasions due to injuries, and might i add played very well at 10. friend vs hutchinson this weekend should be a great match up.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Well good on Sandy Pye, but its the own persons choice, if Sandy uses making the videos as a way to chill out thats good, but Sam makes a lot of video's.........

I agree - Sam isn't just sitting around waiting for requests to cater for the insatiable appetites of Gaggers! ;)

Footy Writer

Bob McCowan (2)
Last Saturdays game !

Looks like a great game for spectators, maybe not so good for the coaches.

Also, is that Rob Black I see in the #6 jersey. Him playing first grade for Kings (regardless of how poor their season has been) is truly remarkable after representing Australia in rowing earlier in August. Looks like he had a real good game too. Talk about an allrounder! Can someone from the Kings camp confirm this?

Peace.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)

I think also, Sam (not knowing him personally) would have to edit more tries and big hits then Sandy Pye's videos. And perhaps him wanting to produce a pure masterpiece that would see him enter a filming career and doing week by week video highlights would seem more effective. Thats just my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.