• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Randall Wight Jr.

Game plan for view to beat scots?

Scots have very few chinks in their armour

As they showed against cranbrook front row, they have a strong front row, even without all big guns, on deck

They have an embarrassing luxury of back rowers (diminutive smith, is a tear away) and they have tall timber for their line-out. So set piece is very solid

Crichton in the centers is something that has been working very well for them, and Dan England is exceptional, if he is your 2nd fiddle fly half

You have a very talented guy porter at fullback . Even if it sounds like there is some jealousy at his self-assuredness

Princeville on one wing is proving a try scoring machine, despite refereeing 2 games earlier on game day

For whatever reason the trial game didn't go ahead, with scots electing to play manly 1st grade instead . Jokes. But the point is view won't be overly familiar .

I thought the massive winger hendrie was a key weapon, although starting to think it is more a case of whoever is running off POD Crichton

So how do you even come close to this team?

What do you mean by Guy Porter being 'self assured'?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Scots 99 - Newington - 0. How can that be?

I wasn't at the game but was their a tipping point in the game that led to this outrageous scoreline?

Also, should the Scots College 1st XV be the Australian Schoolboy team?

These boys seem to be unstoppable.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
The scoreboard and scorers couldn't keep up with it and for at least 10mins in the second half it showed hieroglyphs.
15 tries scored and 13 conversions. First one missed by Crichton from out wide.
The second conversion missed by Rudolf when Crichton was having a "rest".
Score 101........ Not that it matters in the scheme of things. Maybe in the record books, who knows.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Inside shoulder you always like to lock horns .yet you have so many likes?!

Oh well everyone entitled to their "rubbish' opinion . And yes you got a response . Happy now?!

I know some kids on sports scholarships (not just at scots)and feel sorry for the Spanish Inquisition .

Anyway more interested in footy talk .next week will be interesting, one way or another
Because he brings insight, intelligence, wisdom and a real sense of SCHOOLBOY RUGBY to the table. Whereas you my correspondent bring........
Innuendo, myth and a want for world domination thinking that schoolboy sport will take sonny dill jnr to the levels that you have not achieved. Move on please. There is nothing else to see. If you wish to continue, move to the thread that world domination appears in.
Good luck with the HSC too boys

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The scoreboard and scorers couldn't keep up with it and for at least 10mins in the second half it showed hieroglyphs.
15 tries scored and 13 conversions. First one missed by Crichton from out wide.
The second conversion missed by Rudolf when Crichton was having a "rest".
Score 101.... Not that it matters in the scheme of things. Maybe in the record books, who knows.

Has an NC 1st XV ever had 100 points put on them?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Because he brings insight, intelligence, wisdom and a real sense of SCHOOLBOY RUGBY to the table. Whereas you my correspondent bring....
Innuendo, myth and a want for world domination thinking that schoolboy sport will take sonny dill jnr to the levels that you have not achieved. Move on please. There is nothing else to see. If you wish to continue, move to the thread that world domination appears in.
Good luck with the HSC too boys

I'm not sure that the HSC rates that highly at Bellevue Hill at the moment.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Scots 99 - Newington - 0. How can that be?

I wasn't at the game but was their a tipping point in the game that led to this outrageous scoreline?

Also, should the Scots College 1st XV be the Australian Schoolboy team?

These boys seem to be unstoppable.

Yes the tipping point was when Scots finally got the ball [an intercept] and scored. After that they would get possession again from the NC restarts and be able to score again. i jest a bit, but it did seem like that! I will post up my footage of the game very soon.
And yes, good point, they should be the Aus Schoolboy team.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
And there lies the real tragedy. Decent kids who love rugby and play in TSC lower opens have their reputation tarnished because of the actions of the school leadership.

What absolute rubbish. I have been involved in junior RU and RL for many years and therefore know several boys over various GPS schools, esp in y12 this year. I am not affiliated with Scots at all (in fact a New parent) but several boys I speak to from multiple schools will tell you Scots play with passion and pride and most importantly honour, this is something that can not be claimed by all schools.
Speaking to a Scots parent today I was surprised to hear how few were actually on scholarships and how many had been at the school since primary.

The reason they are better than everyone else is not the players they have, while good are not mega superstars compared to others.

The reason is they are much better prepared and drilled, the players believe in their team mates and team before they think about themselves.
They are smarter on and off the field.

To the moron that had the gall to say that the Scots kids are obviously not worried about their ATARS, should be more worried about how they have wasted their parents hard earned on an education that has had 0 effect

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Following on from the Captain at #2078..

It is extremely disappointing when people who can hide behind their monikers on GAGR post items about a referee and go so far as to name & question his performance. It is just as bad as naming a player IMHO ( and on these threads the players are KIDS !)

I am acquainted with this referee, and he is a highly regarded senior subbies & grade referee, with more experience than most and IMHO he is one of the much better whistleblowers going around- and to suggest that he has some hidden agenda is absolutely absurd.

If what the Captain has posted is accurate ( and & do say IF).then the referee seems to have been justified in his actions.

If the comments that are attributed to SOME (and I am positive it would have been in the minority, not all) of the Joeys players is true...( and again, I say IF) - then if they had been playing in the SJRU comp they would have received 3 weeks or more - as there is an absolute ban on referee abuse - during AND after a match.

I am asolutely sick and tired of hearing the whinging about referees on here ( and other threads too - it is not just a GPS affliction) - if you think you can do a better job, go & do the referee course, get accredited - and get out on the other side of the sideline rope and see what it is like to be out in the middle coping abuse from every know it all parent and smart arse kid who think they know better and who quite frankly - haven't GOT a clue about the Laws of the Game. If they did, I might pay attention occassionally !

All referees go out to try the damndest to give the players a match that they will enjoy - keeping it safe for both sides - and hoping like hell that they get MOST things right on the day. Sometimes they don't - and everyone is entitled to an "average ay at the office".
99% do it for the love of the game, and to try & give something back.

Time to man-up whingers !

If you don't like what youy see - get off your backsides and do something about it.

Sunday morning rant over...back to work.
The Hound

Further to this, I'd like to think the Joeys hierarchy address the behaviour of the students (reminder that they are students first and rugby players some way after that) - I always thought Joeys prided themselves on disciplined rugby no matter what grade or age. By the sounds of it Joeys are lucky some those yellows weren't reds.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I agree. It is a strategy that will only work if it has been practised and implemented for the whole game unless of course Scots are forced to change their style to counter or they get a couple of players yellow carded for consistent infringements at the breakdown.

AND the defenders have be on their game in the one-on-one tackles against the big boppers from Scots.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
AND the defenders have be on their game in the one-on-one tackles against the big boppers from Scots.
Agree. I heard a lot of missed one on one tackles by New on the weekend lead to many a soft try. However, again if View can slow the delivery of the ball down at the ruck to give them time to set their defensive line and then get up in the faces of the Scots players before they gain too much momentum, you can hopefully dampen the effectiveness of those big Scots boppers.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree. I heard a lot of missed one on one tackles by New on the weekend lead to many a soft try. However, again if View can slow the delivery of the ball down at the ruck to give them time to set their defensive line and then get up in the faces of the Scots players before they gain too much momentum, you can hopefully dampen the effectiveness of those big Scots boppers.
Also I think View will need to be patient and place a high value on maintaining possession of the ball. Kicking the ball down field for territory is dangerous against this Scots side as they thrive in broken play and just gives the ball back to those big boppers to run at you again.

BeastieBoy

Herbert Moran (7)
One thing is - you have to admire the quality of the Scots team and it is something for all teams to aspire to, including the other teams within Scots. I however do not agree with having Year 13 boys as part of their program. What will be the result of all this? Predictions. Scots can only continue with this and stop it imploding, by joining a national Year 12 comp with like minded schools. The coach will be approached for higher honours. More schools will adopt Pod Rugby. Representing at NSW CIS will be a Must Have on your resume in order to attract attention. Other schools will engage sports scientists for the boys supplements program. Some schools will lessen their focus on rugby programs. The boys in this team will mainly be on scholarship in the near future with either Sydney or NSW Universities. The Scots pathway is now recognised as the premium pathway in Australia to becoming a professional Rugby player.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
I don't understand what you mean when you say "13 year olds being part of the program" ? Please elaborate.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
One thing is - you have to admire the quality of the Scots team and it is something for all teams to aspire to, including the other teams within Scots. I however do not agree with having Year 13 boys as part of their program. What will be the result of all this? Predictions. Scots can only continue with this and stop it imploding, by joining a national Year 12 comp with like minded schools. The coach will be approached for higher honours. More schools will adopt Pod Rugby. Representing at NSW CIS will be a Must Have on your resume in order to attract attention. Other schools will engage sports scientists for the boys supplements program. Some schools will lessen their focus on rugby programs. The boys in this team will mainly be on scholarship in the near future with either Sydney or NSW Universities. The Scots pathway is now recognised as the premium pathway in Australia to becoming a professional Rugby player.
No you don't.
Is this a case of Stockholm syndrome?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Ummmm..... What are they going to get into Uni with?
Bells and Whistles? Beads?
There is something called an ATAR that the fine young professional Rugby players you wish to manufacture NEED to get in to Tertiary Education.

Oh, Name me some other "Likeminded" schools too please?

Status
Not open for further replies.