• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions:
Riverview Vs Newington: Riverview to be back to there best, you'll see a very physical game in the forward pack but view will be too good even if wet weather conditions prevail, view by 10-20

Shore Vs Joeys: Game of the round for sure, shore are a very well drilled side and deserve more than 1 win to there name, i think these fellas can cause a big upset somewhere in the last few rounds (Riverview, Scots) but i think the Joeys boys will be more hungry than ever loosing 3 on the trot, Joeys by 1-10

Scots Vs Kings: Kings will be playing with nothing to loose and will be trying everything they have in their bag of tricks to pull out something in attack, Scots will be too good with Chrichton and Porter returning, expecting a fair few points to be scored in this game, Scots by 40+

T

The Big Marn

Does that mean that you listen to the weather on the news?;)

That's where I found out:)

Fortunately the head of the Bureau of Meteorology is an old sparring partner of mine. Plenty of time spent in the ring means I am privy to a little more information than your average spectator. This isn't just your old 'shaky knee' feeling, I am very confident that this information is valid, expect to hear about it in the coming days.

S

SlamDunk69

Relatively new to this but doe anybody know if the fullback for Kings James Caine will be playing in this weeks fixture against Scots? His big boot could trouble the "We don't kick" attitude of TSC. Could be trouble for Porter at 15 trying to clean up all those scraps. Although i wouldn't put it past the lad to attempt a singlehanded counterattack...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Relatively new to this but doe anybody know if the fullback for Kings James Caine will be playing in this weeks fixture against Scots? His big boot could trouble the "We don't kick" attitude of TSC. Could be trouble for Porter at 15 trying to clean up all those scraps. Although i wouldn't put it past the lad to attempt a singlehanded counterattack.

He's got some other attributes that trouble teams too.

T

The Big Marn

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but if you're not going to add anything, please don't comment. This is the sort of meaningless discussion that has been ruining these forums recently.

Excuse me 'The Chef'. Think you might need to reconsider your position on the forums. How dare you, having joined only today, critique 'Inside Shoulder' a valued member of the forums for years. I more than any, have found Inside Shoulder to be a polarising character and have found fault in a few of his posts, but have a great reverence for him. If I may impute any wisdom upon you, it should be to tread more carefully in respect to us big players.

The Mole

Frank Row (1)
Lets get back to the Rugby,
In other news I wonder how the Scots team will fair this weekend with the return of Porter and Crichton...The Scots team last week looked like the Melbourne Storm without Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk. Should be good turn out at Kings, hopefully its not a cricket score like the last few years!

T

The Big Marn

Lets get back to the Rugby,
In other news I wonder how the Scots team will fair this weekend with the return of Porter and Crichton.The Scots team last week looked like the Melbourne Storm without Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk. Should be good turn out at Kings, hopefully its not a cricket score like the last few years!

Angus Crichton is more of a Cameron Smith figure I believe, his leadership permeates through the team.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
My predictions are that shore will get up over joeys with a point or two separating the teams,
Shortbalking, hope you are right ... but I am tipping Joeys for a clean sweep this weekend, with the 3rds match (v Grammar) the only one I wouldn't be too sure on

I saw a bit of Shore's 15As, and they seemed to have some big and effective forwards, however unless they were missing some backs, they didn't look too convincing in the backs

ironically the best team in this 15s age group, IMHO would be Scots, by a country mile, if it wasn't for the glengarry effect ... although I am sure I will be shot down for suggesting that :confused:

either way I might do a match report (of sorts) on Grammar game ... so any info on key players to watch out for, please share ....

T

The Big Marn

Predictions:

Shore vs Joeys: Gee, you'd have to expect Joeys get the win in this one after going toe to toe with Scots. Although, Shore have lifted their game in recent weeks, should make for a closer spectacle than if these teams had met earlier in the season. Joeys 32 Shore 17

View vs New: Ah, a good showdown. Once again, New have completely bounced back from a trouncing by Scots to find some decent form. Riverview have been good in recent weeks, with a bit of a halftime scare against Kings last week, but their fitness and match experience, I think will get them over the line. Riverview 25 Newington 12

Scots vs Kings: After some notable absentees last week, Scots will welcome back Porter and Crichton, which should see them boost their strength considerably. Rumour has it Porter will be carrying his injury into the game. While I think Kings are much improved, I think Scots will get the biscuits in this one, especially with the return of some good players. Scots 38 Kings 5

These results are largely dependant on whether we have clear skies, these scores I anticipate, would change completely with sloppy weather.

The Mole

Frank Row (1)
On the issue of the Scots 2nd XV - Can they win a game? This problem is becoming a reoccurring issue that the senior coaches at Scot$ must fix. I believe Nick Powy's is stepping into 15 for Dylan Mclachlan. A huge task, as Powy's has jumped from 4ths straight to the 2nds. Almost as big to pick Beale at 10...

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Predictions:

Scots vs Kings: After some notable absentees last week, Scots will welcome back Porter and Crichton, which should see them boost their strength considerably. Rumour has it Porter will be carrying his injury into the game. While I think Kings are much improved, I think Scots will get the biscuits in this one, especially with the return of some good players. Scots 38 Kings 5

These results are largely dependant on whether we have clear skies, these scores I anticipate, would change completely with sloppy weather.
Sloppy weather not looking likely ... Hey on porter did they ever announce those last 3 Aussie schoolboy spots?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon the ASRU selectors are waiting to see who comes through the AAGPS and Qld GPS competitions unscathed.

There is still a fair amount of footy to be played in both those comps, with the attendant risk of injury or recovery for those lads who may have been injured at National Champs time.

Status
Not open for further replies.