• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great arm wrestle at northbridge. As an independent , i thought 24 all draw was fair result and reflection of great tustle

Joeys completely outscrummaged shore , despite shore arguably having a size advantage,

thought joeys 10 Connor o'shea had a blinder despite some erratic service from Duffy, who IMHO ran hot and cold

Number 13 for shore, played great and some great defence really from both sides

Joeys seemed to blow opportunities on edges with some bad last passes

Joeys probably feel they won as missing some key players

Shame for Connor o'shea that he couldn't slot what was a pretty easy kick, albeit with the heavens opening on cue, and on the bell

Either way , it was a great curtain raiser to the main game

O'shea was a true stand out.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know of the name of the boy who plays at .15 for Sydney High school 1st XV? He was on fire against shore today.

S

SlamDunk69

Kings 2nds won 17-14. Exciting game but some harsh refereeing for the boys from Bellevue Hill. Thought it was nearly going to be a turnaround with an explosive run from license in the final seconds of the game. Not to be though

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Kings 2nds won 17-14. Exciting game but some harsh refereeing for the boys from Bellevue Hill. Thought it was nearly going to be a turnaround with an explosive run from license in the final seconds of the game. Not to be though

Kings no.1 crashing over to score their final try.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
observations of Grammar v Joeys 3rds

first time observer of a 3rds fixture ... and not sure if they are normally at the 12 noon time, and if the match time is under an hour ... but either way it was all over by 1:05pm ... so didn't seem to have the hype of the normal 3:15 fixture

that said there were certainly some good players and some good rugby

Grammar backs were noticeably stronger ... not sure if Joeys injuries had seen a slide up across all grades

I saw dylan grants name on programme, but not sure who he is ... other than by reputation ...

either way the best back was easily Grammar's number 12 Alec Sheldon ... a tall strong runner who would not be out of place in any 1st XV team

Joeys 10 Liam Wilson was the best of the Joeys backs

easily the best player from Joeys was their number 2 Max Behan, who was unlucky not to bag a 2nd try ... and was completely fearless and had a great work-rate

the Joeys forwards were great in the 1st half, and competed vigorously at the breakdown

the number 17 from Joeys, who came on when the Joeys 1 got yellow carded (7 went off) was very good, and so not sure why he didn't get a full game?

Joeys seem to be a bit unlucky to cop 2 yellow cards and a red card over the course of the match

although I don't think that was the deciding factor and I think the referee , a relatively young Waverley old boy, did a pretty good job

although the joeys coach ... my old mate Dazza Junee did have a relatively long talk to him after the game

although knowing Darren it would have only been positive stuff

Grammar's 10 and 13, mackie and wagner both played well ...

thought the forwards from both sides played well, and really the difference was in Grammar's backs being slicker, with more strike power

unless I am mistaken grammar had quite a few kids in GPS white/blue teams, so under the assumption that Joeys had no GPS reps, I thought Joeys did well to make a match of it

all up a good game, and I'd suggest the Grammar 1st XV, is good enough to step-up into the 2nds comp,

only negative: the crowd support seemed pretty small ... and suggests to me, that even with a good team Grammar hasn't the ability or the interest in building some school-wide interest/support ... shame given the history

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Don't know if I'd be too carried away by the grammar win over joeys thirds. It was far from a strong joeys team there are a lot of injuries and disruptions. Dylan grant who normally plays higher grades was going to return through thirds after a month off with injury but came back in seconds the joeys backline was under strength a couple of forwards were out and a couple more played in higher grades. Joeys did lead 12 nil before penalties yellow and red cards played havoc. Could grammar play seconds? Perhaps, but I doubt they'd trouble too many teams.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Don't know if I'd be too carried away by the grammar win over joeys thirds. It was far from a strong joeys team there are a lot of injuries and disruptions. Dylan grant who normally plays higher grades was going to return through thirds after a month off with injury but came back in seconds the joeys backline was under strength a couple of forwards were out and a couple more played in higher grades. Joeys did lead 12 nil before penalties yellow and red cards played havoc. Could grammar play seconds? Perhaps, but I doubt they'd trouble too many teams.
KO I know you aren't inferring thus but as a comment, I doubt the schools would welcome the 2nd XV comp being chopped up like the 3rd XV comp is. having the 2's play away and not be a part of the build up to the main game, and appropriately sub for the 1sts would stop grammar and possibly High playing in the 2's comp.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Too true.
Grammar don't get injuries or disruptions. Ever.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Full time score Scots 71-12. A game of two distinct halves.

Kings did a great job containing them in the first half with great commitment at the breakdown and some solid defence.

Scots played the second half with only 14 men following a red card to their 6 for lifting at the tail end of the first half. Despite the reduced team they came out in the second half and just turned it on.the rest as they say in the classics is history..

It was an ominous start, Scots fielded the kick off, put it through 8 pairs of hands [incl. one breakdown] and had 7 points on the board before Kings had even touched the ball. Some footage from the game will be up on youtube tomorrow, I missed a couple tries [air shots], but got most..there were 11 to scots and 2 to kings.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Don't know if I'd be too carried away by the grammar win over joeys thirds. It was far from a strong joeys team there are a lot of injuries and disruptions.

Everyone gets injuries and disruptions. Joeys have more rugby teams and greater depth than any other school, so I'd have thought they'd be able to handle it against a school which only goes down to 3rds.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Easy there SB, LG has had to contend with the unusual occurrence of two draws, Joeys and the Wallabies. My guess is he needed a Bex and a good lie down.

And a few glasses of wine.

I'm slowing down Jasdec, but I had a few things to do as well on Sunday.

Geez going from one draw to another was something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.