• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Big Marn

I have to question your quote The. Keith Miller never played Rugby. Please adjust to the correct sport or quote who tried to be.
Thank you

I appropriated it so it would be suitable for a rugby forum. I think the message is essentially the same. Sorry for the trouble.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The continuing heavy rain must be a joy to those at Stanmore.

Newington a good chance to get up this week, particularly if the rain continues. Having said that, Scots remain favourites - they just find a way to win.

Riverview should just to a little too strong for Shore, but only just.

Joeys to beat Kings

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
The continuing heavy rain must be a joy to those at Stanmore.

Newington a good chance to get up this week, particularly if the rain continues. Having said that, Scots remain favourites - they just find a way to win.

Riverview should just to a little too strong for Shore, but only just.

Joeys to beat Kings

Sorry to the Big Marn, my BOM advisor says rain in Sydney to lighten off through the rest of the week over Stanmore between the hours of 6am to midnight. From midnight to 6am the sprinklers will be on as usual.

Scots just
View just
Joeys by a lot

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions
New vs scots- Newington with a very gutsy effort but scots being too good and running away by 20 points

View vs shore- shore are going into the game with alot of momentum and I don't see them being stopped this or next weekend- shore by 7 points

Kings vs joeys- joeys to win in a very hard game of rugby by 10

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
New need to watch the Shore video, if they can disrupt the Scots normal pattern of play (and stave them of any quality ball) then they are in with a big chance. They have a good forward pack & surely out to redeem themselves from Rd 1. (But tend to think Scots will be up for it after last week and will prevail).

Joeys will be too strong for Kings.

Shore big chance at Home vs view. They are the big improvers. So am tipping them in a close one (Shore only know close). But View have more to play for and could be joint premiers if they keep winning, but think they will come away very dissapointed.

S

spirit of cupertino

Scots out muscled Shore the entire match - they were pushed off their scrums etc. But to their credit Shore forward pack didn't wilt and backs got a couple of against-the-flow tries (kick thru and intercept). It will be up the New to do the same and still be in the game in the last 15 minutes or it will be a repeat of their first round clash. If they try to take on the Scots forwards on their terms they will fade, but if they don't they will be too far into minus territory. Could get ugly.
Shore will still wondering about the one that got away last week and View will be thinking about the rematch with Scots. Whichever team focuses on this game will prevail. Should be tense.
Good luck to Kings. They will need to score first.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
good call re last weeks game. Was a quality bit of coaching from Shore ,perfectly executed by Shore( Emery was outstanding).
Just wondering re this weekend whether that will work against View who will have a much different approach to Scots, with MacG. and Hutchinson playing a similar field position and chase hard game.
Shore deserve a win but I think the View cattle have too much pedigree.
Similarly Scots v New...might be a case of once bitten twice shy for Scots if Wet and if its dry they will be suited and very hungry to play some Rugby. Good luck to all.

S

SlamDunk69

Scots by 5, I feel the boys in gold will be rattled in the wet but no amount of sloppy ball can stop "The Machine"

View by 15, Their back line is simply too dynamic and the big boppers in that forward pack have got enough grunt to rival a pig pen.

Joeys by 30, Kings are dreaming if they think they can stop the boys in pink, (Cerise)

Either way, good luck to the boys on saturday, the real winner will be GPS Rugby!

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Scots by 30 if dry.
Newington's game style suits Scots. The Newington pack is big and strong but Scots should hold their own there. The Newington backs are vulnerable to the fast attacking game played by Scots. With rain the difference might be closer to 10.

Shore by 6. The Shore backs were admirable in defence last week. Another performance like that and they should prevail. Need to shut Hutchison down.

Joeys by 20 plus. Hard to see Kings getting any closer on recent form

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
Scots by 5, I feel the boys in gold will be rattled in the wet but no amount of sloppy ball can stop "The Machine"

View by 15, Their back line is simply too dynamic and the big boppers in that forward pack have got enough grunt to rival a pig pen.

Joeys by 30, Kings are dreaming if they think they can stop the boys in pink, (Cerise)

Either way, good luck to the boys on saturday, the real winner will be GPS Rugby

Scott's by 15 - with no downpour the backs are too good for newington
Joeys by 20 - kings are not playing well
View by 7 - tight match ... View have class shore have passion. I heard that the shore team has been shuffled around a bit and also has some inexperience in the front row up against a strong view front row even without bowditch
Good luck from an old grammar boy !

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
View by 7 - tight match . View have class shore have passion. I heard that the shore team has been shuffled around and now has inexperienced front row up against a strong view front row even without bowditch

Who's Bowditch?

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
View by 7 - tight match . View have class shore have passion. I heard that the shore team has been shuffled around and now has inexperienced front row up against a strong view front row even without bowditch
Shores front row is the same front row that played scots and view will be lacking in the forward pack without their captain Evan Pritchard.

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
Round 8 3rd XV:

Joeys v Kings
View v TAS
New v Scots
Shore v Grammar

High has the bye

My thinking is:
Joeys by 20
TAS by 10
Scots by 40
Grammar by 30

T

The Big Marn

Alright. I've been quiet so far this week, but I'm going to level with you. The BOM are in disarray, they've got pretty close to Buckley's in calling the weather this week. Some are saying dry, some are saying wet. The company line is conflict. The mate at the BOM says one thing, "expect the unexpected." So for the first time, I'm not going to weigh in on the weather. All I will say is bring on the slop.

Predictions 1st XV:

Shore vs. SIC - Big, big game. Big boppers, big stakes and even bigger steaks after the game. Shore were in hot form last week, nothing can be taken away from Jum Woodhill and his men. They will take that form into this game, and use the sloppy turf to their advantage. I expect Riverview will have one too many eyes on the Scots game, so in a big upset, I am predicting Shore by 3.

New vs. Scots - Well, there's just no easy rounds in this comp, are there? Think about it. Scots scored a ton last time out, yet this game really could go either way. I'm expecting New to make the most of the slop, as Shore did last week. 3 weeks of slop, it's got to be taking its toll on the boys from Bellevue. We might see a few dirty white jerseys by the end of the game. With that in mind, a win for Scots puts one hand on the coveted shield. Indeed, I expect this game to be within a 15 point margin. The boys gold will just have enough in the tank. Scots by 102...(joking), Scots by 10.

Joeys vs. Kings - I'll be getting out to catch this game, an old sparring partner's son will be hooking in the 2nd XV for Joeys, so I'll stick around for the main event. I haven't caught too much of either team, but from general word around my neck of the woods, I couldn't go past a much improved Joeys side. While Kings will try and draw it out into an attritional battle, Joeys just have that 'hey look at me' X factor. Joeys by 30+

T

The Big Marn

Round 8 3rd XV:

Joeys v Kings
View v TAS
New v Scots
Shore v Grammar

High has the bye

My thinking is:
Joeys by 20
TAS by 10
Scots by 40
Grammar by 30

Am I right in thinking that points differential is irrelevant in 3rd XV? Apologies if this has been answered before.

Predictions 3rd XV:

Joeys by 30
TAS by 15
Scots by 20
Grammar by 30
High to get over the bye

Status
Not open for further replies.