• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
tips for the weekend

The slop won't be as bad as last weekend, but the breeze will cause some problems

In 3rds: High will try, bravely to shut-down Grammar's high quality midfield ... however Grammar will celebrate a 3 way tie (with TAS and Scots having easy wins).

In 2nds: an injury depleted Kings will go down narrowly, handing Joeys the title

In 1sts: Scots <EDITED> will demolish Riverview in front of a large Scots contingent ... Hutch will console himself chatting up girls in the crowd ... and the parking rangers will take more than Mr Whippy

... in the match of the round, Joeys will have an arm-wrestle, on the only Sydney pitch that isn't a mudpatch ... it'll go down to the wire and only some O'shea magic will seal it on the death

in lower grade matches, everything is going to go Joeys way with 15As and 16As getting up in surprisingly one-sided wins

only the 14As too have a close one ... and 13As a cricket score

so tipping Joeys to win 13As thru 16As and 2nds

T

The Big Marn

tips for the weekend

The slop won't be as bad as last weekend, but the breeze will cause some problems

In 3rds: High will try, bravely to shut-down Grammar's high quality midfield . however Grammar will celebrate a 3 way tie (with TAS and Scots having easy wins).

In 2nds: an injury depleted Kings will go down narrowly, handing Joeys the title

In 1sts: Scots <EDITED> will demolish Riverview in front of a large Scots contingent . Hutch will console himself chatting up girls in the crowd . and the parking rangers will take more than Mr Whippy

. in the match of the round, Joeys will have an arm-wrestle, on the only Sydney pitch that isn't a mudpatch . it'll go down to the wire and only some O'shea magic will seal it on the death

in lower grade matches, everything is going to go Joeys way with 15As and 16As getting up in surprisingly one-sided wins

only the 14As too have a close one . and 13As a cricket score

so tipping Joeys to win 13As thru 16As and 2nds

Don't underestimate the slop. The slop can make fools of us all ;)

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Nice small article TMFSR, but a tome like this might be best ingested in the thread that dare not speak its name.... But welcome anyhoo
or
Bienvenue L'Hotel Californie :)

[MOD Edit. The Tolerance-o-meter is set at Zero today. So it is Au Revoir to The Man From Snowy River.]

prost8

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes because kings stupidly told him he could not play for his club side he grew up with in a final Their loss barkers gain
Good to see him at the rays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)

Not that he or Crawford played well
And while on the subject when can we preference our NRC team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Not that he or Crawford played well
[/quote]

Crawford looked out of sorts.
Jones was not on the end of the better back line on the night.
That Eagles team has some excellent structure and good option taking: on the structure side I wonder if they have been together longer. The Rays had 2 teams in semi final action whereas the Eagles had none (I think - stand to be corrected on that one)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Crawford looked normal.
He is a man out of form, if he was picked on performance this year he would struggle to play Marlins 3rd grade.
Cheika was all over him in the pre season games with Gen Blue,and it's obvious he has been playing with zero confidence ever since.IMHO

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Crawford looked normal.
He is a man out of form, if he was picked on performance this year he would struggle to play Marlins 3rd grade.
Cheika was all over him in the pre season games with Gen Blue,and it's obvious he has been playing with zero confidence ever since.IMHO

I'll trace it to some bullshit that went down over in Perth - when Beale blamed him for not taking an absolutely crap pass - the type that gets you picked at 10 for the Wobblies. He was hooked shortly after.
Happened right in front of me - I may have even posted on here about it. Disgraceful: Beale was playing like a busted at the time.
The similarities with an incident between Tiquri and Norton-Knight struck me immediately.
That could explain his lack of confidence.
And before the relevance police descend: Crawford does some coaching at Grammar.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Kings 2nd XV are looking to wrap up the 2nd's competition today on the White. All students have been asked (told) to arrive early to cheer on the team. It will be a tough task against Shore in the wet. It has been a tough year in the top grade so the 2's could be a highlight.

Shore has won the 1st XV clashes this year in relatively close games so I expect the Kings boys to put in a big one in the 3.15 game. All the best to all boys from all schools playing their last schoolboy game today.

Rugby can and should remain a great part of your life after school regardless of the grade you play.

Yr 12 boys enjoy today then listen to your parents and hit the books!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 8.51.24 am.png

the_magician

Frank Row (1)
What is so good about this Scots 3rd XV team? I heard that their star playmaker Maddocks has been out for a while now, have they moved some of their seconds players down to try and win the 3rd XV comp knowing the 2nd XV comp is all but over?

Status
Not open for further replies.