• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Great results from a few rugby boys yesterday, Hutchinson breaking the 17s 100m record with a 10.7 the highlight. Good showing from Dowsett winning the opens hurdles and some good results from Menzies and McCutcheon. Joeys 17s relay which featured Grant and Wright broke the GPS record set by Beale and Betham. Louis Stenmark from View was freakish running 10.8 in the 100 and 47.5 in the 400 at only 16, one to watch on the footy field in the coming years

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^Another Rocket Rod Davies?

He may be a better runner and not as good a footballer.
He is freakishly quick - mind you his win in the 100m for the record is the smallest distance I have seen him win by for 4 or 5 years. i think this ACT JGC kid (now at SJC) Padmore got 2nd - so he is up there as well.
I assume Hutchison's collapse after the 4x100 was a cramp - at my age anyone who clutches their lower leg is suspected of having ruptured their achilles!!

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
He may be a better runner and not as good a footballer.
He is freakishly quick - mind you his win in the 100m for the record is the smallest distance I have seen him win by for 4 or 5 years. i think this ACT JGC kid (now at SJC) Padmore got 2nd - so he is up there as well.
I assume Hutchison's collapse after the 4x100 was a cramp - at my age anyone who clutches their lower leg is suspected of having ruptured their achilles!!

Seen Stenmark play for Riverview a few times and he is fairly decent, if he keeps up playing I'd expect he'd play 1st XV on the wing. True that Patmore gave he. a run for his money. Hutch had a calf injury coming into Saturday and was cramping all day, especially in the last 10 of the 4x100 which nearly cost them ! Wouldn't expect him to play more then 20 minutes against Auggies on Saturday

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Seen Stenmark play for Riverview a few times and he is fairly decent, if he keeps up playing I'd expect he'd play 1st XV on the wing. True that Patmore gave he. a run for his money. Hutch had a calf injury coming into Saturday and was cramping all day, especially in the last 10 of the 4x100 which nearly cost them ! Wouldn't expect him to play more then 20 minutes against Auggies on Saturday

I dont enough about the alternatives to argue that toss with you but if so I'd be putting plenty of traffic down his wing and some high balls too

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great results from a few rugby boys yesterday, Hutchinson breaking the 17s 100m record with a 10.7 the highlight. Good showing from Dowsett winning the opens hurdles and some good results from Menzies and McCutcheon. Joeys 17s relay which featured Grant and Wright broke the GPS record set by Beale and Betham. Louis Stenmark from View was freakish running 10.8 in the 100 and 47.5 in the 400 at only 16, one to watch on the footy field in the coming years

That's an unbelievable time for the 400m! The GPS record WAS 48.03 from 1995.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

I was reliably informed this afternoon that Master Stenmark has an exemption from playing rugby because he is a state rep in basketball.

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
I have to say that the SIC adulation of Stenmark was against the spirit of school sport.

Very curious as to the meaning of this comment?

As far as I know the carnival was competed in great spirit with excellent sportsmanship - got told that a few schools gave three cheers to the winners of each division which is great to hear.

Back onto rugby, I know Riverview have the big game against Auggies next week with a few huge names in schoolboy rugby playing (Hutchison, Aisea, Reneker, Walker, Minke [spelling?] etc.), what other games are on? Curious to see how Joeys will perform with their athletes back, will be a force in 2014 for sure

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
He and they carried on as if they had won an olympics gold medal.
Its a question of good taste.

Sounds like a bit of jealousy from another school, i think a 16 year old to run 2 years above his age as well as breaking the record, which then helped bring the GPS Athletics Premiership to the school, is one courageous thing to do. He had worked hard for that race and i think rather than looking for a negative in it, accept the fact this kid is a force to be reckoned with. Rightly so Riverview congratulated him in that way, i would not say he "carried on" he is one of the most humble kids, it was more the Riverview crowd giving him the respect he deserved because of the race he had just run.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sounds like a bit of jealousy from another school, i think a 16 year old to run 2 years above his age as well as breaking the record, which then helped bring the GPS Athletics Premiership to the school, is one courageous thing to do. He had worked hard for that race and i think rather than looking for a negative in it, accept the fact this kid is a force to be reckoned with. Rightly so Riverview congratulated him in that way, i would not say he "carried on" he is one of the most humble kids, it was more the Riverview crowd giving him the respect he deserved because of the race he had just run.
You must not have seen it.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Sorry WTG but I'm going to have to agree with IS on that one. Have just seen a 5 minute video on Stenmark and the way the Riverview carried on whilst totally disrespecting the other competitors namely Cohen is disgusting. Despite his amazing athleticism it is a poor reflection on the school and namely its year 12 leaders, lets hope we dont see them doing the same thing every time Hutchinson scores a try or Bowditch makes a tackle this year in footy...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sorry WTG but I'm going to have to agree with IS on that one. Have just seen a 5 minute video on Stenmark and the way the Riverview carried on whilst totally disrespecting the other competitors namely Cohen is disgusting. Despite his amazing athleticism it is a poor reflection on the school and namely its year 12 leaders, lets hope we dont see them doing the same thing every time Hutchinson scores a try or Bowditch makes a tackle this year in footy.
Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.