• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Sorry WTG but I'm going to have to agree with IS on that one. Have just seen a 5 minute video on Stenmark and the way the Riverview carried on whilst totally disrespecting the other competitors namely Cohen is disgusting. Despite his amazing athleticism it is a poor reflection on the school and namely its year 12 leaders, lets hope we dont see them doing the same thing every time Hutchinson scores a try or Bowditch makes a tackle this year in footy.

Of course a joeys supporter would love to comment on stenmark, as they are still trying to get him disqualified for athletes congratulating him after he had finished and beaten Cohen by a good 10 metres. Sounds all to familiar to me joeys being bad losers, brings back memories when they got over taken as the best rugby school in the mid 2000's, they'll never accept the fact that they're glory days will never come again.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Of course a joeys supporter would love to comment on stenmark, as they are still trying to get him disqualified for athletes congratulating him after he had finished and beaten Cohen by a good 10 metres. Sounds all to familiar to me joeys being bad losers, brings back memories when they got over taken as the best rugby school in the mid 2000's, they'll never accept the fact that they're glory days will never come again.
I don't think either of us are SJC supporters, I also don't think SJC got overtaken as the best rugby school: look at their participation numbers and their W/L ratio and the quality they produce on a reliable basis but, above all look at the love of the game they engender all the way down to the 9ths or whatever they go down to these days.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I don't think either of us are SJC supporters, I also don't think SJC got overtaken as the best rugby school: look at their participation numbers and their W/L ratio and the quality they produce on a reliable basis but, above all look at the love of the game they engender all the way down to the 9ths or whatever they go down to these days.

Well summed up IS, I think this muppet needs a ban and a little more time to focus on his school work rather then talking nonsense over the internet.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Well summed up IS, I think this muppet needs a ban and a little more time to focus on his school work rather then talking nonsense over the internet.

what have i said that would in some way deserve a "ban" i think my points raised may have opened some wounds of pink and blue supporters, next year pin

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
To join into this discussion - I've got word that only the supporters from Newington, Shore, Riverview and Kings could be heard throughout the day, however Grammar sang their little hearts out over every success! Joeys has always been a powerhouse in terms of vocal capacity, and perhaps their lack of enthusiasm yesterday means their war cries are going the same way as their previous 1st XV rugby dominance?

Could this potentially be argued or have a received false information regarding the support yesterday? Lets bear in mind that the boys that go and support their school are just having fun and want to see their mates do well, pins.

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just watched that video and while yes it may not be the best look, it's nothing that any of the other schools haven't done while celebrating a win of their own. All the boys get rowdy when around each other and to have all the schools in the same environment is such a multiplier to the buzz. No harm done and seems like some sour grapes

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
To join into this discussion - I've got word that only the supporters from Newington, Shore, Riverview and Kings could be heard throughout the day, however Grammar sang their little hearts out over every success! Joeys has always been a powerhouse in terms of vocal capacity, and perhaps their lack of enthusiasm yesterday means their war cries are going the same way as their previous 1st XV rugby dominance?

Could this potentially be argued or have a received false information regarding the support yesterday? Lets bear in mind that the boys that go and support their school are just having fun and want to see their mates do well, pins.

Interesting information, I know as I was walking away from the track a Kings boy rushed off his bus to make a note of the support from the Joeys boys? Where I was sitting I could only hear Scots and Shore who were right next us! All IS (a Grammar fan) was doing was making a genuine point about the attitude of the Riverview boys and all you boys want to do in reply is attack Joeys? Not much sense being made here, much like Renekers chances of jumping from 9ths to 1st.

S

spirit of cupertino

Great movie on View aths, especially the final shots with their main supporter at the end. I forget his name, but it would hardly be a day out at Riverview rugby without him, and I hope he's in attandane again this season.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good day for Riverview, 1st in seniors, 2nd intermediate and 3rd juniors. I think kings may have won intermediate and juniors, with joeys a big improver coming 2nd in the seniors. But I must say congratulations to TAS who send a small squad of boys down each year and just give it their best, with little reward other than the experience of contributing to an event that is now it's 119th championship. A great day in the school sporting calendar with so many quality athletes from all schools on display.

Shore won intermediate, kings came third

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Matty - great character and good bloke.

Matty 1.JPG

Taking a shot at goal at View.

H

harrysboy

I assume Hutchison's collapse after the 4x100 was a cramp - at my age anyone who clutches their lower leg is suspected of having ruptured their achilles!!

It certainly looked like a cramp, after what was a big day for a gifted and busy athlete.

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting information, I know as I was walking away from the track a Kings boy rushed off his bus to make a note of the support from the Joeys boys? Where I was sitting I could only hear Scots and Shore who were right next us! All IS (a Grammar fan) was doing was making a genuine point about the attitude of the Riverview boys and all you boys want to do in reply is attack Joeys? Not much sense being made here, much like Renekers chances of jumping from 9ths to 1st.

I agree with you completely and did not intend to attack Joeys and I'm sure WTG (massive pin) feels the same. As long as the fellas had a good day that's all that matters really, and Joeys have always had heaps good support which is alright, I once even heard a Kings boy say "I wish we could be as loud as Joeys"

Not quite sure what brings you to discussing the 9th XV here, while I'm sure it featured some amazing talents amongst its ranks.

Lets move back onto the real stuff and get over this silly debate and the Riverview boy you named, who I'm sure is busy squirting water into a bottle and preparing for the season ahead.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
He and they carried on as if they had won an olympics gold medal.
Its a question of good taste.

I have just watched the Link
While I am a Rugby tragic I also like athletics
This Stenmark boy had a big day!
The celebrations he received appear well deserved
Congratulations on a big effort
Having a go at the BOYS for celebrating his accomplishments is I believe rather petty
It could have been any school and they would have done similarly

DubboDemon

Bob McCowan (2)
If we wanted to have a go at schools being bad sports, it's not only victory celebrations we have to look at. Ignoring that thread not to be named, one only has to look at the antics of a certain Kings boy running in the Open 100m several years ago. After two breaks, the Riverview competitor was disqualified, leaving the Kings runner actively applauding and lauding the disqualification of the guy who was almost guaranteed to win the Open 100m (He ran nationals etc.). This boy acted like a 2 year old, hollering and screaming as he got a chance to bump up his placing. This celebration from View at least praises success, not failure, as Kings have done in the past.

View vs Auggies this week will be an incredible spectacle, and the View boys will have to bounce back from an embarrassing loss to Stani's weekend before last. Some say that the early loss will help ease the pressure that they are feeling, but only time will tell.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I have just watched the Link
While I am a Rugby tragic I also like athletics
This Stenmark boy had a big day!
The celebrations he received appear well deserved
Congratulations on a big effort
Having a go at the BOYS for celebrating his accomplishments is I believe rather petty
It could have been any school and they would have done similarly

Rubbish.
and its not the fact of celebration its the manner - with the adulation and the boy himself conducting the adulation. The boy did not even shake hands with the runner up.
Grammar did not treat their 1500m champ like that. SJC did not treat their record equaling high jump champ like that. And they're just 2 I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.