• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not quite sure what brings you to discussing the 9th XV here, while I'm sure it featured some amazing talents amongst its ranks.
It was deliberate attempt to point out that its a game to be played and enjoyed not a pissing contest for people who are not playing but wish they were or had.
The game.
The game.
The game.

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
Rubbish.
and its not the fact of celebration its the manner - with the adulation and the boy himself conducting the adulation. The boy did not even shake hands with the runner up.
Grammar did not treat their 1500m champ like that. SJC did not treat their record equaling high jump champ like that. And they're just 2 I can think of.

I'll agree with you here, a lack of a handshake is a lack of respect (something I am familiar with). As it has been stated an innumerable amount of times, lets move onto the rugby fellas.

Onya boys

John Brown

Bob McCowan (2)
Good day at athletics with all but one school showing very good sporting spirit, also you do get the odd individual but that's life.
The U16's or U17's hurdles one of the boys broke the start and got disqualified which is devastating for the boy and brought him to tears, unfortunately only one school cheered his disqualification and it was SBHS which was a disgrace. SBHS were located right next to the start line. This is another instance I have seen this school having no sporting spirit and are not taught any respect or discipline there. My son was next to the start line and other school boys thought this was very poor form by SBHS.
Now onto rugby.

DubboDemon

Bob McCowan (2)
Rubbish.
and its not the fact of celebration its the manner - with the adulation and the boy himself conducting the adulation. The boy did not even shake hands with the runner up.
Grammar did not treat their 1500m champ like that. SJC did not treat their record equaling high jump champ like that. And they're just 2 I can think of.
Maybe that's because they weren't running two age groups up, smashing the record. I have no problem with the celebration, because as previously mentioned, Riverview was the only school to applaud the winner of each individual points tally.
Furthermore, Joeys wouldn't applaud because school policy dictates that they have to act carefully on the day. They are not allowed to cheer often or excessively, they are not allowed to stand, and they don't even participate with the age old stadium fun of waving (Mexican style). Second, Grammar did applaud their success, yet it's hard to be noticed with less than a quarter of the school in attendance. Their annual rate is pitiful, and it is only their yearly offering of children to the Athletic Gods as 'helpers' and 'assistants' that even allows them in the stands in the first place.
And finally, to maintain some equilibrium, at least this year no Riverview student threw a chair at an elderly gentlemen in the stadium. Its hard to pick up concrete blocks when you are forced into the worst seating area, even if you have one of the largest contingents present in both supporters and athletes.

Rant Dismissed.

ilive4315

Frank Row (1)
alot of you talk about the perceived 'poor sportsmanship' that occurred on saturday. Yes on face value this can often be the case, boys celebrating post-race ignoring there competitors to some extent, it is what occurs behind the scenes away from spectators eyes on the warm up track and in the track-side tents that the admiration of competitors performances occurs.

but more importantly back to the footy,....

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
To actually shift onto rugby, Riverview vs Augustines this weekend at Rat Park @ 3:15 I believe

This is confirmed by St. Augustines.

If people have access to team sheets (actual, not who should be in) please post them here as they come to hand.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Apparently the boys in gold and green are also blessed with two huge centers,

They sure do.
Have seen them playing club but i assume nothing is lost in the translation - the one I have seen the most of (who played NSW U16s in 2013) is head and shoulders the best player in U16's in Sydney based on what I have seen.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
They sure do.
Have seen them playing club but i assume nothing is lost in the translation - the one I have seen the most of (who played NSW U16s in 2013) is head and shoulders the best player in U16's in Sydney based on what I have seen.

He's that big, he could be two of the best players you've seen. I'm sure his opposition look at him that way.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
He's that big, he could be two of the best players you've seen. I'm sure his opposition look at him that way.
The kid is big, and very quick. Main point is that there are plenty of big strong and competent defenders at that level. I would be surprised if he dominated at this level as he does in the 16's etc.. Given the disjointed prep that aths presents, I think View will be looking fir a good performance to build cohesion, and Auggues will see this as a GF. The forwards match up will be pretty interesting.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The kid is big, and very quick. Main point is that there are plenty of big strong and competent defenders at that level. I would be surprised if he dominated at this level as he does in the 16's etc.. Given the disjointed prep that aths presents, I think View will be looking fir a good performance to build cohesion, and Auggues will see this as a GF. The forwards match up will be pretty interesting.

I've got an open mind.
Every time i see him play at a new level I think he might have found his limit and he surprises me.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Given the disjointed prep that aths presents, I think View will be looking fir a good performance to build cohesion, and Auggues will see this as a GF.
Brainstrust your better than that. What a churlish statement. Auggies prep, 1 Waratah shield game in the last 4 weeks about level with SIC prep. Ive never known a school 1st XV not trying to win.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Anonymous_, what part of the English language do you struggle with?

I commend you to read post #834 above.

To help you find that reference, I have copied that post below.
The conversation about the athletics, the behaviour, cheering etc is now ended.

Any post that mentions such matters, entirely or in part, will be deleted.

Tough crowd!

It is not a good idea to ignore the Moderator's advice if you intend to be around here for a while.

Uncle Lee can get real cranky before he has walked the dogs and settled down in front of the Foxtel with a nice cream sherry to watch some Euro rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.