• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Must like paying tolls.:)

Given Scots recent alignment with the Wicks, I'm surprised that there isn't any encouragement to stay in the East. It certainly helps with the Player Points discount once the lads hit colts, and travel to Clovelly or Latham Park for training must be an easier commute for training than battling Military Road traffic.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Must like paying tolls.:)

Given Scots recent alignment with the Wicks, I'm surprised that there isn't any encouragement to stay in the East. It certainly helps with the Player Points discount once the lads hit colts, and travel to Clovelly or Latham Park for training must be an easier commute for training than battling Military Road traffic.

theres a secret back way known only to former locals

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree with your review of the SBHS 2nd XV vs. Joeys 5th XV match (I was the referee for the game) and both sides were a delight to referee; there were no issues with backchat or dissent - just good hard rugby played. I was impressed with the commitment from the High boys and they never gave up for the whole match despite being quite a few points behind. Joeys were well lead by their flanker/ captain, and the Joeys #8 was my man-of-the-match (If only my Seniors match on the same afternoon was as enjoyable as this game...)

Theking12

Stan Wickham (3)
I agree with your review of the SBHS 2nd XV vs. Joeys 5th XV match (I was the referee for the game) and both sides were a delight to referee; there were no issues with backchat or dissent - just good hard rugby played. I was impressed with the commitment from the High boys and they never gave up for the whole match despite being quite a few points behind. Joeys were well lead by their flanker/ captain, and the Joeys #8 was my man-of-the-match (If only my Seniors match on the same afternoon was as enjoyable as this game.)

Mate, completely agree with you he was outstanding. I just received the team fixtures this weekend and saw that scots 6ths are playing joeys 5th. After watching my sons game in the 4ths against the 5th which ended 21-12 it should be a white was by the men in pink !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
the hooker from shore this weekend is also 16 and should be in year 10- much like Charlie Smith in that they both in year 11 but should be in year 10 (I also think they are good mates and both played in the Northen Suburbs and Sydney team last year)

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
There are quite a few of the Shore,Scots and Riverview boys in 1st XV who have played together or against one another and I "suspect" partied together and have become off field mates lately since club and rep footy from my clear memory as long ago as U9s.Some of them I know go back to U7s.
<edited>
Its kind of cool and says a lot for the sport and the way they are growing up and through their schooling.Even the younger Firsts are known to the older Firsts over many years
Man you don't see it on the field though-the guys who know one another well go at each other like rabid dogs at times- I saw with a smile best very very old friends who have played together at each other behind the play twice during the Scots Riverview game!Lucky they weren't yellow carded I thought.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
Another factor, at exactly 32.16 you see the Riverview 12 (Joe Stagemen) being bitten by the Scots 12 (Angus Chrichton) if an official complaint is made by the school regarding the offence, Angus will receive a 1-2 match ban as this happened to a Riverview player Mitch Whitely a few years ago against Joeys. Angus may have some talking to do, that is not acceptable in this day en age, reminds me of two year olds crying and Louis Saurez more recently.

How can you say then when it just plainly not conclusive. I watched this video in full screen with and without my glasses on :) and you can't definitely say anything happened

James Day

Stan Wickham (3)
How can you say then when it just plainly not conclusive. I watched this video in full screen with and without my glasses on :) and you can't definitely say anything happened

can confirm that it was a bite, talking to a view parent they have reported it. Angus went and said sorry after the game. Not sure if there will be a punishment placed on angus, at least he said sorry!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Best to take any allegation of biting (etc) up with the sports masters at the schools concerned.

Posting about such on G&GR forums will usually result in 7/5 of 5/8 of FA, and the most likely outcome is a flame war of claim/counterclaim.

Best to not feed the trolls.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
can confirm that it was a bite, talking to a view parent they have reported it. Angus went and said sorry after the game. Not sure if there will be a punishment placed on angus, at least he said sorry!

If thats happened, and I am not doubting you, then fair enough. As you said at least he did the right thing an apologies.

P

Paul Randall Wight Jr.

Best to take any allegation of biting (etc) up with the sports masters at the schools concerned.

Posting about such on G&GR forums will usually result in 7/5 of 5/8 of FA, and the most likely outcome is a flame war of claim/counterclaim.

Best to not feed the trolls.

You talk a big game, Hugh Jarse. But you really have no idea what's going on in these forums.

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)
He is a small fellow, relatively speaking, either that or the Redhead being embraced must be a massive lad. Smith must play like a real honey badger given his size limitations.
http://resources1.news.com.au/image...2845-b1071500-1a37-11e4-8adb-938012f29f27.jpg
242845-b1071500-1a37-11e4-8adb-938012f29f27.jpg

Another thread has identified this lad as being an ex Waverley Prep boy (ie from the Latte Sipping Eastern Suburbs). I assume that his junior village club footy must have been with Bays or Wallaroos (Easts).

How does he end up playing U15's with Mosman and Northern Suburbs? SJRU competition rules seem to indicate that players must seek to register with a club in the district that they reside.

Year 10 1st XV - Hosea Fotokava (I).

Year 10 1st XV - Jack Bowditch, Hosea Fotokava and Bill Freeman all played games for riverview 1st XV in 2012

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)
the hooker from shore this weekend is also 16 and should be in year 10- much like Charlie Smith in that they both in year 11 but should be in year 10 (I also think they are good mates and both played in the Northen Suburbs and Sydney team last year)

jake hedge (2) and Luke Rixon (9) both played mosman and norths reps with charlie last year

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You talk a big game, Hugh Jarse. But you really have no idea what's going on in these forums.
I'm the first to take a swipe at authority but I'd say HJ has so far been proven pretty correct IN THIS ONE.
Such tolerance on the boards for naming the player and making a serious allegation would never have been seen in the olden days.
And once everyone wakes up the flame war will swing into OD.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Year 10 1st XV - Jack Bowditch, Hosea Fotokava and Bill Freeman all played games for riverview 1st XV in 2012
I think the point was forwards - any number of handbag carriers have played and are.
I recognise Will Terry in the Scots v view video: not too many chances but he's a great footballer. Deserved NSW u 16 selection this year.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Tips for the first match ups of the 2nd round:

Joeys v Scots: Joeys will be looking to atone for their last up loss to Newington although this will be a bridge too far. Should limit the damage at home to a loss of < 30 points.

Kings v Riverview: View will be missing a couple of regulars, however, I expect their replacements to be eager to shine. This will be much closer than the 1st round but View to get up by 15+

Shore v Newington: Has the potential to be the match of the round with Shore at home again & both sides rewarding their supporters with last up wins. I can see it being in the balance until the final bell with Shore prevailing by 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.