• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Are they selecting 3 (Usual amount) or 4 (2014 version) AAGPS representative teams this year?

According to the AAGPS site, the fixtures for Knox are as follows, and looks like same as last year with 4 teams form GPS
GPS White XV v GPS Blue XV – Knox Grammar School – 2.30pm
GPS 2nd XV v CAS 2nd XV - Knox Grammar School - 4pm
GPS 1st XV v CAS 1st XV- Knox Grammar School - 5.30pm

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Last year on the final NSW ALL Schools Rugby Trials day at Knox, AAGPS Blue played ISA II, and AAGPS White played CCC, while the 1st and 2nd XV played CHS.
AAGPS White played AAGPS Blue on the Tuesday match at Scots, alongside AAGPS 1st XV and 2nd XV playing CAS 1st XV and 2nd XV.

The Tuesday game for the Blues and Whites alongside the AAGPS v CAS games are on again this year, but it looks as if they may not be getting a go on Friday at Knox against other Association rep teams.

There seems to be a game for a combined Blue/White XV against the SJRU Under 18 XV at either Boronia Park or Knox on Thursday 18/6.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 AAGPS Draw for 1st XV, 2nd XV, and 3rd XV games

Round 1 30 May 15
1st & 2nd XV – K v E, S v N, J v I
3rd XV -Trial 2 – K v E, S v H, J v I, G Bye

Round 2 13 Jun 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v I, J v S, K v N
3rd XV – Round 1 – E v I, N v S, K v G, A v H, J Bye

Round 3 18 Jul 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v S, N v J, I v K
3rd XV – Round 2 – E v A, I v S, G v J, N v H, K Bye

Round 4 25 Jul 15
1st & 2nd XV – N v E, S v I, K v J
3rd XV – Round 3 – K v E, S v G, H v J, A v I, N Bye

Round 5 1 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – J v E, S v K, I v N
3rd XV – Round 4 – G v E, J v S, N v A, H v K, I Bye

Round 6 8 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v K, N v S, I v J
3rd XV – Round 5 – S v H, I v J, G v N, A v K, E Bye

Round 7 15 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – I v E, S v J, N v K
3rd XV – Round 6 – H v E, A v J, N v K, I v G, S Bye

Round 8 22 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – S v E, J v N, K v I
3rd XV – Round 7 – S v E, J v N, K v I, G v A, H Bye

Round 9 29 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v N, I v S, J v K
3rd XV – Round 8 – E v N, S v A, J v K, I v H, G Bye

Round 10 5 Sep 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v J, K v S, N v I
3rd XV – Round 9 – E v J, K v S, N v I, G v H, A Bye

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/upcoming-fixtures/

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anybody have any tips re the 15As comp this year & any standouts? I see Joeys beat Shore 78-0 but I understand Kings, Scots, Newington & perhaps Riverview will all be in the mix?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Between you me and a lamp post I've seen the selectors the last 2 weeks busily ticking the boxes for the GPS squads.
The selectors were supplied with cheat sheets by the coaches with height and weight details, and comments, but they would already know many of the boys from last year including 16s.

Hello

Stan Wickham (3)
One dumb question how comprehensive are these cheats sheets and are they only for the 1st xv, as a few boys that were in atheletics are now working their way through the 3rd & 2nd xv's? From what I saw its seems pretty much determined.

Big Marv

Frank Row (1)
Predictions:

Scots v Newington: Ah, here we go. A match made in heaven. I myself struggle to pick a clear winner. Crichton and co are obviously big losses too. Newington have a point to prove, especially after going down by 100+ last year. Ridiculous. <censored> Scots have a relatively small pack going into this year, with their backs arguably having as much size as their forwards. Newington shape up as the underdogs, but they will relish that against a Scots side with everything to prove. Simon Kennewell for first try. In saying that, the Scots juggernaut must role on. It's been ordained by the Doc. Scots to win by 5, with a late try.

Joeys v Riverview: I once knew a man named Joey, he didn't play footy though. View by 30

Kings v Shore: You'll hear a lot of people riding off Shore early in the season. I saw them play at Scots late last year in a sloppy encounter. They bled passion. I have them in my top 3. I see Doyle leading the team bravery and taking what they learnt last year into a big season for Shore. Shore by 10

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Kings v Shore: You'll hear a lot of people riding off Shore early in the season. I saw them play at Scots late last year in a sloppy encounter. They bled passion. I have them in my top 3. I see Doyle leading the team bravery and taking what they learnt last year into a big season for Shore. Shore by 10

Thats going to inflame Azzuri - with some justification based on their respective performances last week

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Predictions:

Scots v Newington: Ah, here we go. A match made in heaven. I myself struggle to pick a clear winner. Crichton and co are obviously big losses too. Newington have a point to prove, especially after going down by 100+ last year. Ridiculous. <censored> Scots have a relatively small pack going into this year, with their backs arguably having as much size as their forwards. Newington shape up as the underdogs, but they will relish that against a Scots side with everything to prove. Simon Kennewell for first try. In saying that, the Scots juggernaut must role on. It's been ordained by the Doc. Scots to win by 5, with a late try.

Joeys v Riverview: I once knew a man named Joey, he didn't play footy though. View by 30

My Critique of Big "M" little "Arv's" fishing technique....

A nicely presented bait, if you ignore the fact that it wasn't much more than fish heads and entrails mashed together into a fish shape. It was well rigged and weighted to swim down current in a manner which gave it the appearance of a wounded mullet. With a scent comprised of equal parts bovine and equine excrement such a bait would normally be guaranteed to awaken the pelagic Blue Monster from the deep, but on this occasion I'll leave it to the Sky Blue and White monsters to do the talking for me on Saturday at 3.15 on The White...... (see I can exercise restraint IS ;) )

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Look, I was probably a bit unfair on Kings, given how well they played on the weekend. But for some reason I just feel it in my bones that Shore are up for a big year. I'll probably be proven wrong though.
Have faith, they are in for a big year. Shore had the wood on Kings last year (series win 2-1), Shore always play well against Kings, they will show up and play on Saturday.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Does anybody have any tips re the 15As comp this year & any standouts? I see Joeys beat Shore 78-0 but I understand Kings, Scots, Newington & perhaps Riverview will all be in the mix?

Scots often struggle in 15As because of Glengarry. In fact, my understanding is that this week New 15As aren't even playing Scots.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
My Critique of Big "M" little "Arv's" fishing technique..

A nicely presented bait, if you ignore the fact that it wasn't much more than fish heads and entrails mashed together into a fish shape, nicely rigged and weighted to swim down current in a manner which gave it the appearance of a wounded mullet. With a scent comprised of equal parts bovine and equine excrement such a bait would normally be guaranteed to awaken the pelagic Blue Monster from the deep, but on this occasion I'll leave it to the Sky Blue and White monsters to do the talking for me on Saturday at 3.15 on The White.. (see I can exercise restraint IS ;) )

Kings could surprise a lot of people this year, I have a feeling that this will be their best season for a while.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Excited to see a big game this weekend out at the illustrious Hunters Hill. With McGregor back I expect his direction and leadership to give them a huge boost, despite the big injuries they have in the forwards leaving huge gaps compared to Joey's strong pack.
With View taking out both games in the last 2 years, a slight mental edge may be enough to get them over the line.
The atmosphere is going to be huge, Round 1, Riverview v Joeys, mate against mate, Battle of the River, it doesn't get better then this.

Schoolboy Rugby at its finest.

Captain Cabby

Stan Wickham (3)
Table Tips:

Scots: Trial form does not mean anything.. They will be hard to stop!
Joeys: Finally getting back to the their best, might not have enough to win it
Newington: Improvement on last year, but not a lot of hope..
Riverview: Might have a good 10, but he wont be enough to save them..
Kings: Still unsure about these boys.. Could be a dark horse..
Shore: No Surprises on these boys.. Not a lot of promise in this team..

Overall View: This year will be tight.. Every team has a chance and i could be wrong.. Can't see any team going through undefeated, i can see scots and joeys losing to different teams on the way though.. Scots have too many players from last year to be terrible, whilst joeys are on the up.. Newington and Riverview will be similar in the way they will be able to upset any team on their day.. Kings could fall into that category.. Whilst Shore may win a game or 2 but i just cant see them being a force in this years competition..

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for the season -
1/ Newington - potent backline (is Simmonsson playing this year)
2/ Joeys - Depth could be the issue
3/ Kings - the big improvers (watch out next year)
4/ Scots - Sorely missing Crighton & co.
5/ Riverview - will be a tight competition and may not be too far away
6/ Shore

Tips for this weekend
New
Joeys
Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.