• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
I like Brumbies "Overall View" and I hope, for the sake of an interesting season for all of us, he is right.
We will go into the break after round 2 the wiser and hopefully 2 teams haven't emerged from the pack by then.

Hello

Stan Wickham (3)
After watching the various 1st xv's run around the last few years, I see this year as being a lot closer for the top 5 teams.

The top three 1st xv teams will be Joeys, Kings & Scots followed closely by Riverview and Newington, and then Shore.

Round 1
Scots vs Newington - Scots by 12
I still think Scots has very strong overall team.
Joeys vs Riverview - Joeys by 20
Joeys will be a front runner this year and a good all round team.
Kings vs Shore - Kings by 30
Kings are just a solid pack, too strong for Shore:( who most likely wont win a game this year .

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thats going to inflame Azzuri - with some justification based on their respective performances last week
Not sure Shore has the muscle to take down Kings pack,Doyle,Bragg and Hedge are strong competitors but may lack back-up. Shore have bought Cowlie back in at 10 after injury break and moved Patrick to 13 to enhance their attacking flair out wide to try and support Rixons speed.
Kings win last year in 2nds comp will hold them in good stead.It will come down to the King's power versus Shore's passion. Should be an entertaining game.

Hello

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure Shore has the muscle to take down Kings pack,Doyle,Bragg and Hedge are strong competitors but may lack back-up. Shore have bought Cowlie back in at 10 after injury break and moved Patrick to 13 to enhance their attacking flair out wide to try and support Rixons speed.
Kings win last year in 2nds comp will hold them in good stead.It will come down to the King's power versus Shore's passion. Should be an entertaining game.

There's no Jum or Dowsett for Shore this year, Shore has a good team but yes Kings has greater depth of talent after winning the 2nds last year. As a previous post said Shore's trial against Joey's last week 1st-9th's Joeys 467 to Shore 24, statistically a worrying trend but hopefully can be turned around.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ I've seen and heard of plenty of AAGPS 1st XV's that have have lacked size, skills, speed, technique, mongrel, fitness or a combination of one or more of these, but yet to see an AAGPS 1st XV that has lacked passion.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)

Playing 2 x 5/8's at 10 and 12. Back to Larcombe and Giteou, great move from shore. kings get ready for some razzel dazzle from Shore backs. The forwards need to turn up to play and they all need to tackle, Shore by 7

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Playing 2 x 5/8's at 10 and 12. Back to Larcombe and Giteou, great move from shore. kings get ready for some razzel dazzle from Shore backs. The forwards need to turn up to play and they all need to tackle, Shore by 7

If this is what you mean by "razzle dazzle" it certainly would appear to be something that numbers 9 through to 15 would be well qualified to do...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We're still looking to get photos of the games for our weekend blog - people will soon get sick of seeing photos of Joeys games and none for the others, except when they played Joeys earlier in the season or last year.

They don't have to be great photos, so long as they are in focus and not too over- or under-exposed.

Send me a convo if you would like to provide some - just go up to "Inbox" above and click on "Start a New Conversation", and so on.

We are still looking for writers for the GPS games - if you can do a couple during the year it would be a big help.

Thank you.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Tipping Table

GPS 1st tipping.jpg 3.jpg

Benjamin Dover

Frank Row (1)
Scots Team to face Newington this saturday:
1. Harry Todd
2. Dylan Woods
3. Forest Koroka
4. Charlie Crawford
5. Ryan McCauley
6. Hugh Greene
7. Charlie Smith
8. Max Girdler
9. Theo Strang
10. Dan England
11. Jake Prindiville
12. James Hawkins
13. Angus Chadwick
14. Jarrod Cullen
15. Dylan McLachlan

Benjamin Dover

Frank Row (1)
I also watched the Scots 16a's game last weekend against Kings. They were unfortunate to go down but a real standout by Ben Baker playing at inside centre. His father was in the Scots 1st 15 back in the 80's.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
I also watched the Scots 16a's game last weekend against Kings. They were unfortunate to go down but a real standout by Ben Baker playing at inside centre. His father was in the Scots 1st 15 back in the 80's.
Think we might find Ben's dad attended Scots from year 7 and played some exceptional footy with some Crichton kid's dad too

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Think we might find Ben's dad attended Scots from year 7 and played some exceptional footy with some Crichton kid's dad too

And come too think of it, there or there abouts back in the day where some fathers with surnames like Starkey and Carter, Bowman and Bursill who sent sons to tsc too.

Status
Not open for further replies.