• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
45-12 = A good win by Joeys who blitzed View in the 2nd half.

7 tries and 5 conversions - to 4 penalty goals - said it all.

First half even with Joeys poor handling and discipline.

Second half - frequent long range rugby that left View clueless how to counter. View had enough visits to the SJC 22 in the 2H but Joeys' defence was in denial mode.

CB Set

Peter Burge (5)
In the one and only Greater Public School competition, has anyone got knowledge of players that are well and truly ahead of the pack.
Would love to know

Mr Set

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Are Joeys real strong at the moment across all age groups? Seems unusual for SIC to only win two games all day!!!

Peter Wynn67

Frank Row (1)
Was at the Kings game and saw no real impact by Shore. Their forward pack is lacking power and their backline showing no threats, although a great team try. I can't see Shore winning a game this year

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
27-14 Newington's way in 1sts.
Newington also beat scots 2nds

What a difference a year makes?
This game was 101-0 last year.

From the archives of "what a difference a year makes"
In 2013 University beat Randwick by 100 points in a Colts Quarter Final.
In 2014 Randwick beat University in the Colts Grand Final.

Using that extensive sample set of 1, it could be postulated that Newington are looking good for the AAGPS premiership this year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What a difference a year makes?
This game was 101-0 last year.

From the archives of "what a difference a year makes"
In 2013 University beat Randwick by 100 points in a Colts Quarter Final.
In 2014 Randwick beat University in the Colts Grand Final.

Using that extensive sample set of 1, it could be postulated that Newington are looking good for the AAGPS premiership this year.

Well, they've made a good start, as have Joeys and Kings.

No games next weekend, then:

Shore v Riverview at Northbridge

Joeys v Scots at Hunters Hill

Kings v Newington at Parramatta

3rds Round 1
Shore v Riverview (at Northbridge?)
Newington v Scots (?)
Kings v Grammar (at Parramatta?)
Armidale v High (at Armidale)
Joeys v BYE

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Very impressed with Joeys today. Blaise Barnes was the standout on the wing with 3 trys, supported well by Gitteos, Clements and Wright who looks at home in the 10 jersey. Jaffer-Williams pulling off an incredible try saver early on set the scene for a dominate outing from Joeys. Think View will struggle this year, did not look dangerous at all besides a few good runs from Mcgregor.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Congratulations to Joeys on their big win, keeping View's 1sts & 2nds tryless & dominance across all age groups. Their rugby programme remains the benchmark for all other schools.

Very impressed with Joeys today. Blaise Barnes was the standout on the wing with 3 trys, supported well by Gitteos, Clements and Wright who looks at home in the 10 jersey. Jaffer-Williams pulling off an incredible try saver early on set the scene for a dominate outing from Joeys. Think View will struggle this year, did not look dangerous at all besides a few good runs from Mcgregor.

Given that you were at the game you're no doubt in a better position to comment than my reliance on hearsay reports but in View's mitigation a 12-14 scoreline was blown away whilst Terry was off the field & Joeys exploited defensive issues on Barnes' side.

View will welcome at least one forward back for their rd 2 clash at Northbridge and there's likely to be some changes to the backline so it's not all doom & gloom so early in the season.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Congratulations to Joeys on their big win, keeping View's 1sts & 2nds tryless & dominance across all age groups. Their rugby programme remains the benchmark for all other schools.

Given that you were at the game you're no doubt in a better position to comment than my reliance on hearsay reports but in View's mitigation a 12-14 scoreline was blown away whilst Terry was off the field & Joeys exploited defensive issues on Barnes' side.

View will welcome at least one forward back for their rd 2 clash at Northbridge and there's likely to be some changes to the backline so it's not all doom & gloom so early in the season.
After travelling over to support the Riverview boys I can report that Riverview led 12-7 when the 13 was yellow carded, with about 2 mins to go in the first half. Riverview conceded 28 pts while he was off. Up until then Riverview actually looked pretty dominant and converted pressure into pts with 4 penalty goals. The yellow was deserved, but Joeys probably deserved one themselves with repeated infringements while Riverview were attacking just prior. Joeys thoroughly deserved the win, however if Riverview can address their inconsistency and improve their line out ( they hardly won one all day) , then with more possession they will be more than competitive as the season goes on. I am informed that they had 2 big units in the pack out today, and one of them is back next round.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 AAGPS Draw for 1st XV, 2nd XV, and 3rd XV games

Round 1 30 May 15
1st XV – K 21 def E 7, S 14 def by N 27, J 45 def I 12
2nd XV – K 27 def E 7, S 19 def by N 27, J 24 def I 0
3rd XV -Trial 2 – K 24 def E 10, S 24 def H 0, J 29 def I 10, N 7 def by A 35, G Bye

To come
Round 2 13 Jun 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v I, J v S, K v N
3rd XV – Round 1 – E v I, N v S, K v G, A v H, J Bye

Round 3 18 Jul 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v S, N v J, I v K
3rd XV – Round 2 – E v A, I v S, G v J, N v H, K Bye

Round 4 25 Jul 15
1st & 2nd XV – N v E, S v I, K v J
3rd XV – Round 3 – K v E, S v G, H v J, A v I, N Bye

Round 5 1 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – J v E, S v K, I v N