• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Bob McCowan (2)
Riverview v Joeys Tips:

1st XV: Will be a very close and entertaining game. I see Riverview winning and winning comfortably. Played an outstanding game against Newington last week, were very unlucky not to come away with the win. Tipping Mcgregor will have a blinder. View by 15

2nd XV: This game will be extremely close and intense. I again see Riverview winning but it will be in a close one. Isaac Meinki (spelling?) a definite one to watch. View by 3

3rd XV. Riverview should win comfortably, and the home field advantage will definitely lift them. Should be an easy games for the Thirsties. View by 20

Jake

Bob McCowan (2)
BREAKING NEWS: John (jeaf) Mckay rumoured to be moved up into ones in replace on Josh Noonan. Can anyone confirm this?!?!?!?

HardUnderss

Frank Row (1)
Riverview Joeys Match Prediction:

1st XV: Picking an upset here. Joeys have the size in the forwards, but view have to much speed in the backs. O'Reilly and Mete both burnt opposing wingers numerous times last week against Newington. Joeys outside backs (Bar Wright) are a definite weakness. Joeys forwards will dominate early but with their size, will tire as game progresses. I see it as a high scoring game. Riverview by 7.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Riverview v Joeys Tips:

1st XV: Will be a very close and entertaining game. I see Riverview winning and winning comfortably. Played an outstanding game against Newington last week, were very unlucky not to come away with the win. Tipping Mcgregor will have a blinder. View by 15

2nd XV: This game will be extremely close and intense. I again see Riverview winning but it will be in a close one. Isaac Meinki (spelling?) a definite one to watch. View by 3

3rd XV. Riverview should win comfortably, and the home field advantage will definitely lift them. Should be an easy games for the Thirsties. View by 20

On the thirds, if your prediction holds true, will open the comp up.

tight hamstring

Frank Nicholson (4)
View v Joeys

1st XV

View have definitely improved , but by 30 ? Possibly but it must all go right . Forwards and backs are very similar . X factor is Wright in attack . Joeys deserve favouritism but View can win.

2nd XV

Agreed close .

3rd XV

Not close . Joey will win by a mile

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Who said the Marists are playing the Catholics? :mad: Riverview aren't Catholic, they're Jesuits..... :rolleyes:

R

RuckMyGrass420

Who said the Marists are playing the Catholics? :mad: Riverview aren't Catholic, they're Jesuits... :rolleyes:

All bloody politics mate. If you ask me its all a load of crap anyway.
If there's one thing in this world thats not just absolute crap that's rucks, mauls and scrums. These boys all follow one religion and thats footy. If you don't like it, then you shouldn't be in the bloody gps.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Riverview v Joeys Tips:

Hmmm, you would happen to be a Riverview supporter would you?

NB, Joeys are undefeated in 3rds and according to the AAGPS website haven't had a point scored against them yet, while Riverview are coming 6th.;)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Hmmm, you would happen to be a Riverview supporter would you?

NB, Joeys are undefeated in 3rds and according to the AAGPS website haven't had a point scored against them yet, while Riverview are coming 6th.;)

That for and against is the thing that really hands out, QH. TAS is the only other team with a positive for and against. Accepting that boil-overs can happen and keep things interesting, that is why I think that the TAS v SJ game may be the deciding match in the Thirds comp. We will have a clearer picture after today.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Once again the sparkling sun greet the dawn and thoughts of young men turn to rugby and food.

After being present at the Joeys v Shore match last week I could see the benefit of the positional change of TW to 13. With ball in hand and all eyes drawn to him like a plate of after match cakes, the shoremen found it hard to look further than the lamington and missed the Joeys lambs outside TW, who was eager to lay on a pork pie of two. The Joeys forwards will find soft fields of Riverview a delight to scrum on as well. While the Big Barra seafood shop has been feeding the lace Catholics some fine thai infused sea bass of late, expect the bog Irish men of the bush to take the tea cake (and most of the food after the game) Joeys by a bakers dozen.

There will be plenty of grazing room at Stanmore today on the sideline. The sad fact that the boys from Bellevue don't travel beyond the Kings Cross tunnel to support their finely fed lads. Even sadder is the small turn out seen on the side of the hill at Stanmore from the Wyvern boys. Two exclu$ive teams deserve a bigger crowd and not one you would see at the early opener on Enmore Road. Newington has the steamroller in full throttle, and while the scientifically tuned lads from Double Bay (feeling very alert thanks to the supreme milk shake skills from Ultimate Sports Nutrition) will give it their all, the flowers of Scotland will find the heilala infused Stanmore boys to be a much tougher on home dirt. Newington by six yams.

Finely to the mighty Shoremen who gave it all last weekend and with some luck (and stickier hands) would have frightened the marists. This weekend will see the Shoremen feeling that today is their day. While the beef prices have risen, as seen by the new Range Rovers in the TKS car park, the pulled beef rolls (with green chilli relish) will discover that the Shoremen's pear and roast beef roll recipe (with stellar bread from Vina bakehouse) to be superior. The battle of the car park will always be keenly fought with the inclusion of some Mudgee Reds going up against a rather good Hunter dozen. Shoremen by sausage roll or three.

R

RuckMyGrass420

Once again the sparkling sun greet the dawn and thoughts of young men turn to rugby and food.

After being present at the Joeys v Shore match last week I could see the benefit of the positional change of TW to 13. With ball in hand and all eyes drawn to him like a plate of after match cakes, the shoremen found it hard to look further than the lamington and missed the Joeys lambs outside TW, who was eager to lay on a pork pie of two. The Joeys forwards will find soft fields of Riverview a delight to scrum on as well. While the Big Barra seafood shop has been feeding the lace Catholics some fine thai infused sea bass of late, expect the bog Irish men of the bush to take the tea cake (and most of the food after the game) Joeys by a bakers dozen.

There will be plenty of grazing room at Stanmore today on the sideline. The sad fact that the boys from Bellevue don't travel beyond the Kings Cross tunnel to support their finely fed lads. Even sadder is the small turn out seen on the side of the hill at Stanmore from the Wyvern boys. Two exclu$ive teams deserve a bigger crowd and not one you would see at the early opener on Enmore Road. Newington has the steamroller in full throttle, and while the scientifically tuned lads from Double Bay (feeling very alert thanks to the supreme milk shake skills from Ultimate Sports Nutrition) will give it their all, the flowers of Scotland will find the heilala infused Stanmore boys to be a much tougher on home dirt. Newington by six yams.

Finely to the mighty Shoremen who gave it all last weekend and with some luck (and stickier hands) would have frightened the marists. This weekend will see the Shoremen feeling that today is their day. While the beef prices have risen, as seen by the new Range Rovers in the TKS car park, the pulled beef rolls (with green chilli relish) will discover that the Shoremen's pear and roast beef roll recipe (with stellar bread from Vina bakehouse) to be superior. The battle of the car park will always be keenly fought with the inclusion of some Mudgee Reds going up against a rather good Hunter dozen. Shoremen by sausage roll or three.

In all my time on the G&G I have never seen such blatant disregard for forum etiquette. This is a serious thread for serious footy conversation.
I hope the likes of Hugh Jarse and Quick Hands make quick work of you mate.
Get back to the playground. This is Green and Gold forums. Not bloody Masterchef you twat.

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
TAS 24 Kings 3rds 5

Good hard rugby spoilt by cheap shots by Kings players. Attitude of Kings not wanting to come to Armidale was palpable, disrespectful and a disgrace. Only have to come once every two years and could only bring half the normal teams. All the other GPS schools have been tremendous by comparison.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
I don't think the rowers train for rowing during the rugby season. The "focus' on rowing seems to be on selection from the year 7 cohort, coaching and equipment.
Sorry to enter into this discussion so late, but I just wanted to add that I know personally of a number of senior Shore boys who are considered "good" rugby players who have chosen to not play any contact sport to avoid the risk of injury which may effect their chances in making the 1st VIII this coming summer. They are also training outside the school in rowing during the rugby season as well as doing a non contact sport such as golf with the school. I for one don't see anything wrong with this. The boys have a right to choose whatever sport they want to participate in for each season and if their ultimate goals are with their summer sport, good on them. They are still taking part in a school winter sport that is being offered and the training for rowing is being done outside the school. However, this might be an indication of the focus of some of Shores better sportsmen in regards to their priorities between rugby and rowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.