• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

themanger

Can confirm it was a great game out at Bellevue Hill. Truly a strong performance by both teams, excited for when they clash next.

On another note, joeys v iggies. Joeys shaping up to be a formidable force this year?

Regards
The Manger

Benjamin Dover

Frank Row (1)
Would like to point out that Scots 16's teams won all of their matches this weekend except for the f's (their lowest team). Considerable mention to the 16e's who beat High 16b's 67-5.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good picks GG - I had 1 and 2 reversed in my match report with Barnes getting 3 points, Wright 2 and Gittoes 1.

For View it was Jac Mac 3 points, Mete 2 and Gehrig 1 point.

I believe that Wright was overrated at flyhalf
He is a great footballer but looked like a fullback playing fly half. He had heaps of time due to the slowness of the View back-row and the good service from his half back. Neither he nor MacGregor kicked well in general play. I would however give him one point. The forwards apart from their scrummaging were the real difference.
As for Riverview they were disorganised, slow to the ball and defensively poor. Gehrig was strong at carrying the ball and often made it over the advantage line but missing in defense for a No.8. Hard to find a 3,2 and 1 as they didn't play badly but had a poor game plan and thus struggled to stand out.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Being out there at Hunters Hill yesterday proved to me that schoolboy rugby is still alive and well, with a good crowd and the atmosphere electric.
For me I saw Ignatius on top early despite a great first try from Joeys, which looked eerily familiar to a play that Riverview used a lot last year...
McGregor led from the front with his 4 penalties and overall control, and an absolutely amazing kick that gained them 50 odd metres and the throw in the lineout.

From what I saw, Terry's card may have been unjustified, I'm sure someone has the tape, but i saw the ball on the ground and he went for it, and the referee deemed it to be slapping the ball out of Winterbottom's hand, either way, a 28 point swing ensued whilst he was binned, and View were out of it immediately.

Although this was not what Riverview would want first round, this wake up call may be a catalyst for greater things to come, they have a good basis with the Aus Schoolboy McGregor running the show, and with more experienced forwards returning, they can only go up.

For Joeys, I know it's early, but surely with Scots' loss to Kings, its their comp to lose. A dominant forward pack with the Avatar-like Gittoes and Horton leading the way, will be very hard to stop. And if you learn to contain them, good luck with stopping Wright, Barnes and co. in the backs.

All I know is that the rest of the comp should be a blinder

sidestep

Frank Row (1)
1. ???
2. Horton (J)
3. ???
4. Gitteos (J)
5. Pirrodi (N)
6. Girdler (S)
7. Smith (I)
8. Gehrig (I)
9. Strang (S)
10. McGregor (I)
11. ???
12. Murray (N)/ England (S)
13.Kennewell (N)
14. Tarogi (N)
15. Wright (J)

Just like this years GPS competition I think selections will be strongly contested and too close to call and will go down to the wire.
Will selectors just look at past reputations which was helped forged by players who have moved on, or will they look at the current form of players and teams which thus far is quite different from this time last year. It is a dilemma selectors face each year due to the short time available, I wish them the very best in their process.

Donotquestion

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Storey (N)
2. Horton (J)
3. Chapman (K)
4. Gitteos (J)
5. Pirrodi (N)
6. Girdler (S)
7. Smith (S)
8. Gehrig (I)
9. Strang (S)
10. McGregor (I) (Captain)
11. Barnes (J)
12. Murray (N) / Orpen (K)
13. Kennewell (N)
14. Tarogi (N)
15. Wright (J)

Additions being Storey at #1, Barnes at #11, Orpen at #12, Chapman at #3

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Had the cam pointing at some tries during the earlier games at Bellevue Hill: one shows 2 tries from the Scots 2nds v New 2nds game >
and the other shows 2 tries from the Scots 3rds v SBHS 1stXV game >

Major Rennie

Herbert Moran (7)
Big year of sport for Joeys.

Got the HOR win (first time in yonks) and looking good after many years in the 1st XV.

The 2 biggest prizes IMO in GPS Sport may reside in Hunters Hill this year.

Major Rennie

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ No games this weekend @Nectarphiliac. Long Weekend. Thredders here we come.

Round 2 13 Jun 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v I, J v S, K v N
3rd XV – Round 1 – E v I, N v S, K v G, A v H, J Bye

Tipping:
I, J, N

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Round 1 , Game 2 tips:

Joeys over Scots by 7 (home ground advantage)
View over Shore by 14 (forwards too strong)
Kings over New by 3 (calling home ground advantage and Kings beat Scots by greater margin than New)

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kings were solid on Saturday but dont think they will be good enough to beat Newington. The New pack is 835 KG's and pretty fit and should out muscle the well drilled Kings pack. The New backs are strong and slick,k especially 12 and 13 Kennewell who seems to have matured from last year, as you would expect.,i think this team are the contenders with Joeys. New by 10
Shore were willing and will have to get fitter with their smaller pack and play fast open rugby to tire opposing packs. They have good speed and attacking flair in Rixon, Patrick and Corbett, but need more go forward ball. A good game coming if packs are equal in ball possession.
Iggies Mc Gregor could hold the key. Iggies by 12
Joeys V Scots .. Joeys by 7, Scots finding life after Creighton hard to adjust to, but will improve throughout season. Joeys have no weaknesses
with Horton up front and Wright running the show out back, a delight to watch. Will be a fabulous fast open game worthy the long walk wherever you can find a carpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.