• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Thanks I have double checked my facts. Just the 3rds game was a no show by Kings. All games brought forward reportedly to suit Kings travel back to Sydney to watch Bledisloe. No interest in the normal after game function. I standby my comments about "attitude".

I wasn't being critical. By thirds, assume you mean the team that was meant to play against TAS thirds. Noticed that TAS thirds didn't have a game in the program.

I guess that I can, more or less, understand about the Bledisloe. Sorry, I retract that. There is too much history here dating back to TAS's short involvement in the first level comp. There have also been too many comments about the current thirds comp itself. I will be quiet, therfore.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
TAS 24 Kings 3rds 5

Good hard rugby spoilt by cheap shots by Kings players. Attitude of Kings not wanting to come to Armidale was palpable, disrespectful and a disgrace. Only have to come once every two years and could only bring half the normal teams. All the other GPS schools have been tremendous by comparison.

From the information you've brought forward (i.e. not attending the aftermatch function and taking a few 'cheap shots'), I don't really think there's anything serious enough to be deemed 'disgraceful'. And bear in mind, the Bledisloe is ALWAYS an excuse to miss work, family meetings and the like. A lot of them would also probably have trials on around this time anyway.

Other 3rds news: Grammar, Joeys and Scots all came away with thumping victories. Joeys look poised to win the competition, the only team I can realistically see challenging them is Armidale, but they will REALLY need rise from their previous performances.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Full time in 1st XV at Riverview @Joeysrugby

Joeys 33 Riverview 23

Joeys were down 18-5 @ half time.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
From the information you've brought forward (i.e. not attending the aftermatch function and taking a few 'cheap shots'), I don't really think there's anything serious enough to be deemed 'disgraceful'. And bear in mind, the Bledisloe is ALWAYS an excuse to miss work, family meetings and the like. A lot of them would also probably have trials on around this time anyway.

Other 3rds news: Grammar, Joeys and Scots all came away with thumping victories. Joeys look poised to win the competition, the only team I can realistically see challenging them is Armidale, but they will REALLY need rise from their previous performances.

Agreed. While I am a one-eyed TAS supporter, the TAS team has one task now. They MUST beat SJ in Armidale. Otherwise its all over red rover. That's not going to be easy.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
TAS 24 Kings 3rds 5

Good hard rugby spoilt by cheap shots by Kings players. Attitude of Kings not wanting to come to Armidale was palpable, disrespectful and a disgrace. Only have to come once every two years and could only bring half the normal teams. All the other GPS schools have been tremendous by comparison.

That's a real pity

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
On the kings attitude to being in Armidale on the day of the Bledisloe their assistant/deputy headmaster, whatever he is, should well remember the day in 1978 when Kings refused to move their 1st XV game against Grammar from 3:15 when there was a test being played at the SCG at the same time.
None of the top refs were available so they rattled up someone with sky blue blood in his veins.
Funny how people change their priorities, isn't it?

bow seat

Frank Nicholson (4)
Absolutely thrilling game here at Stanmore, I don't think anyone predicted a draw at 17-17. Credit to both teams who both played hard, tough rugby, a true sight to behold.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"I am worried about the long term viability (i.e. crowd pulling) of GPS rugby. If Joker is right, a small crowd at the premier game of the season bodes ill for the future of the game at this level."

I suppose you are referring to the New/Scots game. However, the sport and attendance was alive and well at the Joeys/View game. Good attendance by spectators and boys from both schools, probably the best cheering I've heard in my 30 years of being involved and an excellent game of rugby. In my humble opinion.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I suppose you are referring to the New/Scots game. However, the sport and attendance was alive and well at the Joeys/View game. Good attendance by spectators and boys from both schools, probably the best cheering I've heard in my 30 years of being involved and an excellent game of rugby. In my humble opinion.
Do you have any results from other grades

Status
Not open for further replies.