• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbycheersquad

Frank Nicholson (4)
Actually Lee, I don't mind working with Azzuri. Could be more balanced. I can dovetail our reports/photos. I will pm you with my personal email address so that you can tell me about how the photos work.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
@ LG.. Will see what I can do to get some photos and provide some additional commentary but will be Monday before I can send through.

On second thoughts - send it through.

I can always add the photos in after it is published - and also add any stuff you write or part thereof to augment what is already in the blog

Thanks.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Actually Lee, I don't mind working with Azzuri. Could be more balanced. I can dovetail our reports/photos. I will pm you with my personal email address so that you can tell me about how the photos work.

I will make you party to the writers guidelines which explains about the photos.

I will also start a convo with you and Azzuri - I didn't realise you knew each other.

Write nothing more in this thread on the matter please.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Newington v Kings: Kings have shown glimpses of their capabilities with their scoreboard shut out of Shore last week. A repeat of their defensive effort in the 2nd half of this first rd clash will give the Kingsmen confidence but New are likely to bank their points in the 1st half: N by 12

Scots v Joeys: Both teams impressed with the reversal of 1st half deficits last week. I'm tipping Joeys to maintain their momentum & their away win will keep their slender title hopes alive: J by 1

Riverview v Shore: Shore to showcase more of their 2nds players this week & View missing a number of their first choice forwards. View's backs to show their wares: R by 20+

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
TIPS:

The weekend of upsets.

Kings, Joeys, and Shore to surprise everyone and have a close game with View. may not get the win.

Close games all round.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
At Scots v Joeys, per the issued Program:
No late changes to Scots run on side as announced; same cattle as last week against New.
Joeys piggies look to be unchanged, and most of the backs too. Program has:
9. Will Wennerbom
10. Nick Wilkinson
11. Ben Williams
12. Joe Schwager
13. Eddy King
14. Yirrbi Jaffer-Williams
15. Tim Clements

Rain, rain, go away... (Hopefully, should be right.)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS backfield early this morning waiting
backfield.jpg
for the start of the SJ matches. Nervous.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Other results from the north.
Joeys 8ths 20 Armidale 3rds 10

Joeys 16B 37 Armidale 16A 19
Joeys 16D 36 Armidale 16B 5

Joeys 15B 7 Armidale 15A 14 (good job TAS)

Joeys 14B 49 Armidale 14A 15

Joeys 13B 29 Armidale 13A 5
Joeys 13D 65 Armidale 13B 0

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Joeys 3rds 31
Armidale 1sts 7

My father (TAS Class of 1955) reports that the game was played in great spirits. Little foul play at all. A fast paced game. Plenty of support for TAS with the reunion weekend on. Joeys boys (while few in number) gave plenty of vocal support. Hospitality was warmly appreciated as TAS enjoy hosting SJC I am told.

Well done Joeys and thank you Joker for posting this. :) Obviously I'm sad that TAS lost, but it seems to have been a game in the GPS tradition.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Grammar 1sts 19 d Riverview 3rds 10

Some very strong defence from View was let down by their poor offence, despite being dominated possession-wise.

- Grammar's first try came through a nicely worked pick-and-drive.
- Their second was a beauty, winning the scrum against head followed by the backline adjusting swiftly and very skilfully to set up a blindside play.
- Riverview hit back with one of their own, capitalising on some weak set-piece defence allowing the 10 to dummy, step and score.
- Grammar managed to get one back on the full-time whistle in a very similar fashion, with their 10 attacking a gap that had opened due to fatigue.

I trust someone's going to post the Shore vs View game as I've left for Concord and the Shute Shield GF. As well as all the other games, of course.

Other results:
Riverview 6ths 12 d Shore 6ths 10
Shore 4ths 24 d Riverview 4ths 0

Status
Not open for further replies.