• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Grammar and High have only become more academic by nature, and that won't change anytime soon. But the 2006 table is quite refreshing to see, it seemed like a far closer competition than the one we have today. Probably because there weren't discrepancies between all of the respective schools' rugby programs i.e. harder, year-round training, scholarships, etc. etc.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
What are the rules re that situation .. As it didn't look like a proper assessment was made . But I am no medico and not sure whether a stagger is indicative of anything

The inability to walk properly is a defining sign of a concussion, and I've seen enough boys fail to properly find their feet after a heavy knock, and consequently leave the field.

Not sure what's happened in this circumstance, however, and I also found it odd that he continued to play. In the bad old days if a player claimed to be fine the game would continue as per usual (even if there was serious damage), which potentially could've happened here - but it's unlikely. You'd imagine that there'd be at least one Joeys coach with half a brain to intervene, prioritising his player's wellbeing.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
The inability to walk properly is a defining sign of a concussion, and I've seen enough boys fail to properly find their feet after a heavy knock, and consequently leave the field.

Not sure what's happened in this circumstance, however, and I also found it odd that he continued to play. In the bad old days if a player claimed to be fine the game would continue as per usual (even if there was serious damage), which potentially could've happened here - but it's unlikely. You'd imagine that there'd be at least one Joeys coach with half a brain to intervene, prioritising his player's wellbeing.
After watching a lot of games this year it seams each school has a different policy. I've seen boys stay on when they struggled to get straight back up, then I've seen coaches go straight on a pull a boy off for testing.
I know New did base line testing on all boys before the season start. They had some sort of online test all the boys had to complete before they played. If they are concussed they are then tested few times in the following week and can't play that Saturday and must pass the test before being allowed to play after having that week off.

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
11mins footage of the impressive SJC 16A's, who reduced a very good Scots side to few if any highlights last weekend>

Looks like both Billy Smith and Jake Styles left the field as a result of injuries?

How serious were these injuries and are either of them going to miss out on playing for the NSW U16s side?

Also that little halfback that came on for Scots- must be quite a talent being able to play against boys who are quite literally double his size.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
I've just had a second look at the video from last week's game and the Joeys fullback goes down after a head knock during an attempted tackle on his opposite number at 15:58 - the ref notices immediately, then (appropriately) stops play to call for an assessment. The video doesn't show the outcome of the assessment, but a couple of minutes later the #15 can be seen in general play. It may just be the editing that makes it appear that he didn't go off for a thorough assessment, but if he was assessed and was allowed to continue to play after that sort of injury, then it raises some serious concerns about a) the competence of the medical staff, and, b) the priorities of the coaching staff.

There was an on-field assessment of the fullback. I don't know exactly how long it took cos I turned away. I edited out more than 30secs of footage after I had turned back. You have to remember that the medico may not have seen the incident or the stumble [often they are deep in thought pondering the disadvantages of rectal analgesia in the presence of flatulance etc, then suddenly they are asked to go and assess]. By the time they see the patient he is wide awake and claiming he just tripped over his bootlace. I don't know what questions he gets asked or what coordination tests he performs but presumably he passed them?

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)

Pretty sure the coaches wouldn't risk the health of a player ;) it is after all only a game

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
2 cents worth, from the behind the in-goal cheap seats, it didn't look too good at the time (ie. Clements' big stumble after getting up). I along with my fellow cheap sweaters, where surprised he played on. It was quite a lengthy delay, so there's no doubt a "full assessment" was done - whatever that involves nowadays.
Fact is that Clements (#15) did play on, and I thought he played really well afterwards. Was 'ginger' for a short while but did some very good things after maybe 5 minutes.
Only he could say if he's had headaches, etc. during this week. (I sincerely hope not. He's a fine player, and seriously needed against the might of the Wyvern this week!)

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
UPDATED TIPPING

Joker where are you?? We need our gastronomic tips.

Gristlechewer & Brian you are both risking delinquency.

NB: NEW RULES FOR THE LAST 2 ROUNDS.

Tips will be required for all 3 grades - that should help mix things up

GpS tipping rd 7.jpg

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
For the record, my tips Shore to stun everyone and put in a marvelous performance and come away with a very respectable scoreline,

Joeys will upset New,

Kings and View to have a kiss your sister moment. DRAW

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
For the record, my tips Shore to stun everyone and put in a marvelous performance and come away with a very respectable scoreline,

Joeys will upset New,

Kings and View to have a kiss your sister moment. DRAW

Any logical reasoning behind the tip for shore? Or just your gut feeling?

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Rich_E, cant help but notice you have the perfect build and neck conditioning for a tight head prop.

Hi there NIS. Ironically front row was only spot I didnt play in forwards.

Re updated tipping table, i note you have me down as not tipping for round 6.

I did put my tips in for round 6 on the monday or Tuesday of that week. Then i went back and deleted them after posting conflicting predictions in my round 6 review - see post 1812.

I had intended perhaps naively that me predictions in my preview would be taken as my tips. Hope that works but understand if it doesnt.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.