• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
No one mentioning big Miti too much. Just his third year at Joeys and having come from the bush, he has heaps of pent up enthusiasm for playing. Even though a younger year 12 boy, know the seasoned 1st players from other schools rate him. Think he was a big factor in the strong Joeys 15s and 16s teams. Other standouts are Barnes, also still learning the game at these higher levels having played little rugby prior to coming to school and think he will improve again and can be a real match winner. Yirribi Williams, he was pretty good last year in firsts so if anyone is challenging him for a starting spot they must be very good.

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Last years Newington 15As while having some decent players were not amongst the top teams. When I say decent players, I think 4 were selected in the NSW U15 team that played at the U16 Invitational, though Endemann
was ruled out through injury. Possibility they may have a new #10 starting at school this year.

theslugman

Frank Row (1)
Scots outfit looking really strong this year. Players like Hugh Beith and George Miller looking to break down the rucks and really cause disruption there. Billy Smith and Charlie Burnette look to create some real red hot pace out wide, creating good width of which to play from. Apparently Brian Smith has been devising a speed plan, which not only increases the pace out wide, but the props now have real pace. Other reports are that Henry Drayton (4ths, 3rds) flanker, is now being trained as a prop. Reports are that he went to South Africa got ridiculously big, and is now reaching triple figures. Coaches now training Henry Drayton as Scots new secret weapon, will be interesting when he comes onto the field and performs the Henry Smash. Really looking forward to another great year of GPS rugby and looking forward to gigantic hits, mad tries and more reports from the Slugman.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
So here we are 18 days out from the first round of preseason AAGPS 2016 trial games and in contrast to previous years and the 2016 QLD GPS thread all that can be heard on this thread is the sound of tumbleweeds and crickets.

Has me speculating that everyone is keeping their powder dry possibly due to this season shaping up to be more evenly matched than years recently past?

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)

Has me speculating that everyone is keeping their powder dry possibly due to this season shaping up to be more evenly matched than years recently past?

Undoubtedly, Az!

But once it's for keeps, I'd expect you to be easily mistaken as some latter-day Dave Brockhoff equivalent down in the Kings' sheds before their regular 3pm exits, stage left, so we've really not all that long to wait. ;)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Undoubtedly, Az!

But once it's for keeps, I'd expect you to be easily mistaken as some latter-day Dave Brockhoff equivalent down in the Kings' sheds before their regular 3pm exits, stage left, so we've really not all that long to wait. ;)

hahahaha....welcome back to another exciting installment of the AAGPS Circus Maximus thread @CJ. I'm awaiting the starters gun with a breath so "baited" it would put a prawn trawler deck to shame. I'm going to call it early and give season 2016 4.5 anchovies out of 5

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Azzuri, i think its something like Thanksgiving Day in the US. Once we get past the HOTR (with Athletics back in its rightful place) the chatter will start

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Here we go Azzuri

hmmnnnnn.....I'd call both efforts [both since deleted by the mods ;) ] amateur false starts @IS.

It's a bit like being in the audience of a Siegfried and Roy performance when a streaker runs onto stage with a rump steak tied to the wedding tackle.

You are immediately concerned about the mental well-being and welfare of the streaker....... this concern gives way to the anticipation of the tiger spotting the human form of the "hapless water buffalo stuck in the mud"..... and the whole shebang quickly ends with a splat, a muffled whimper and the soothing sounds of Panthera Tigris Tigris chomping through bones and sinew

Sigfried-Roy1.jpg

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
hmmnnnnn...I'd call both efforts amateur false starts @IS.

It's a bit like being in the audience of a Siegfried and Roy performance when a streaker runs onto stage with a rump steak tied to the wedding tackle.

You are immediately concerned about the mental well-being and welfare of the streaker... this concern gives way to the anticipation of the tiger spotting the human form of the "hapless water buffalo stuck in the mud"... and the whole shebang quickly ends with a splat, a muffled whimper and the soothing sounds of Panthera Tigris Tigris chomping through bones and sinew

View attachment 7480

gone before they ever had a chance

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting to see that the kid J.Maddocks from Scots has just made NSW u 20s ... and my understanding was that he was the kid that was easily good enough to make 1s, but chose to play in 3rds ... because the training expectations were too much?

Begs the question has the training requirements gone too far?

Joeys always have had this unfair advantage that they can train ... morning, noon and night ...

and so I have always been KEEN to see some schools competing with POWERHOUSE Joeys, but you only have to look at the Scots 1st XV commitments, to see that you are going to be some kid, to be able to balance all that and still get a competitive ATAR

anyway I guess it is what is ... and looking forward to seeing how Joeys and Newington look in their preseason form ... Joeys playing Barker and Knox and Newington plating Waverley and Oakhill?

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Here you go SDW.

Fresh off the AAGPS website.

Trial schedule for all schools. Some codes not sure of "O"? and "MC"??

GPA and CAS squads should be at full strength so that will cut down the "noise" with all the Athletes playing!

Not many sleeps now!

19-Mar 1sts, 2nds Cranbrook V Kings Barker V Joeys View Scots Shore New Int
3rds Pius v High rest same as above Grammar 10s
2-Apr 1sts, 2nds Shore V Trinity? Scots V Riverview Newington V Waverly Joeys V MC???/St Pats/St Gregs
3rds High V St Aloysius rest same as above Grammar Internal
30-Apr 1sts, 2nds Waverly V Riverview Knox V Joeys Newington V O??? Shore V Barker Kings V Scots
3rds Grammar V High Auggies v Kin Wol
7-May 1sts, 2nds Comp Commences
3rds Trials Newington V Kings Shore V Scots Joeys V Grammar Auggies V High View bye

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interesting to see that the kid J.Maddocks from Scots has just made NSW u 20s . and my understanding was that he was the kid that was easily good enough to make 1s, but chose to play in 3rds . because the training expectations were too much?

Begs the question has the training requirements gone too far?

Joeys always have had this unfair advantage that they can train . morning, noon and night .

and so I have always been KEEN to see some schools competing with POWERHOUSE Joeys, but you only have to look at the Scots 1st XV commitments, to see that you are going to be some kid, to be able to balance all that and still get a competitive ATAR

anyway I guess it is what is . and looking forward to seeing how Joeys and Newington look in their preseason form . Joeys playing Barker and Knox and Newington plating Waverley and Oakhill?

Maddocks is a class act. Will not be surprised to see him at the Reds shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.