• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowledge

Bob McCowan (2)
Can someone enlighten me as to whether NSW 1st XV coach Brad Gill is a selector for his team and who else makes up the NSW selectors panel? I have tried the NSW website but no disclosure available.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
7 Riverview
4 Kings
3 New
3 Joeys
3 Shore
2 Scots

In the 46 Squad , almost 1/2 the squad. Not a bad effort.

Another 4 in Shadows (1 each SNJK)
Impressive representation by GPS schools. Almost half View's first XV will be wearing NSW colours! One third of Kings team is also amazing.
Shore's 3 reps indicates that they should be winning games in the GPS comp-depth must drop away. Shore's defence to poor results is that they have a policy of not recruiting. 3 reps is great but also indicates that recruiting is not a valid justification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Can someone enlighten me as to whether NSW 1st XV coach Brad Gill is a selector for his team and who else makes up the NSW selectors panel? I have tried the NSW website but no disclosure available.

They normally have a selection panel which includes people from different associations. I'd be surprised if the coach was the sole selector, as this has never happened previously.

Lee Grant or HJ probably best placed to confirm.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Impressive representation by GPS schools. Almost half View's first XV will be wearing NSW colours! One third of Kings team is also amazing.
Shore's 3 reps indicates that they should be winning games in the GPS comp-depth must drop away. Shore's defence to poor results is that they have a policy of not recruiting. 3 reps is great but also indicates that recruiting is not a valid justification.

This year has seen a noticeable improvement in Shore rugby right down through the system when compared to the past couple of years. I reckon that they've addressed a lot of the issues that needed to be addressed.

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
7 Riverview
4 Kings
3 New
3 Joeys
3 Shore
2 Scots

In the 46 Squad , almost 1/2 the squad. Not a bad effort.

Another 4 in Shadows (1 each SNJK)

CAS brothers also much improved on prior years with
5 Knox
3 Trinity
2 Waverley
1 Cranbrook
In the 46

And 2K 1T 1W 1B in the shadows

Noting that Joeys comfortably beat Knox in the preseason.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
CAS brothers also much improved on prior years with
5 Knox
3 Trinity
2 Waverley
1 Cranbrook
In the 46

And 2K 1T 1W 1B in the shadows

Noting that Joeys comfortably beat Knox in the preseason.

I noticed Tim Anstey in the Shadows, think he will be a special for Combined states.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I stand to be corrected but thought I read somewhere that if you were named in any of the state teams (including reserves and shadows) that you became off limits to combined states selectors ???

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I stand to be corrected but thought I read somewhere that if you were named in any of the state teams (including reserves and shadows) that you became off limits to combined states selectors ???

Thats one for HJ,

What are the shadows then? Reserves for the reserves?

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
This year has seen a noticeable improvement in Shore rugby right down through the system when compared to the past couple of years. I reckon that they've addressed a lot of the issues that needed to be addressed.
I hope you are right. I have been to Northbridge twice this year and I didn't see them win any game in any age group. Some games were close. I look forward to reading The Torch Bearers for proof.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
Seems rather unlikely given that, according to Mr Jarse, last year 5 members of combined states had previously been selected by NSW as shadows.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yes, it seems like the MIC of rugby has been able to institute some sort of programme to improve their development.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
and Scots, joint-leaders of GPS have 2 players??

Scots seemed over represented in GPS and only forwards selected and no backs.

Thought Yassmen would consider himself unlucky as back not given an opportunity in 1 & 2..

And Green not selected anywhere in NSW squad, he would be disappointed as he has been the standout 7 in the GPS playing as a true 7.

Goes to show how hard it must be to make selection as a Loose forward and how much talent there is in all the associations.

Status
Not open for further replies.