• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Usually Monday.

From past history, some NSW and QLD shadow players do get selected for CS. NSW or QLD players selected 16-23 are off limits for CS.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I hope you are right. I have been to Northbridge twice this year and I didn't see them win any game in any age group. Some games were close. I look forward to reading The Torch Bearers for proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've certainly improved, how far that goes remains to be seen, but they seem to be better 2016 that they were in the recent past.

Marched Ten

Stan Wickham (3)
They've certainly improved, how far that goes remains to be seen, but they seem to be better 2016 that they were in the recent past.

I would tend to disagree, Shore 2nd XV teams are usually in contenders to take out the second grade competitors, this year has been a tough year for Shore's 2nd XV whereas the 1st XV are showing more promise looking to take their first scalp in a few years, Shore's 3rd's are also in history a strong and competitive team but with only one win thus far against High, I am also under the impression that the 4th XV is yet to win a game. The 1st XV is showing a lot of grit and determination with an exorbitant amount of ticker. This is all good and well but without some quality depth it is hard to contend.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I would tend to disagree, Shore 2nd XV teams are usually in contenders to take out the second grade competitors, this year has been a tough year for Shore's 2nd XV whereas the 1st XV are showing more promise looking to take their first scalp in a few years, Shore's 3rd's are also in history a strong and competitive team but with only one win thus far against High, I am also under the impression that the 4th XV is yet to win a game. The 1st XV is showing a lot of grit and determination with an exorbitant amount of ticker. This is all good and well but without some quality depth it is hard to contend.

I'm talking more about age group rugby where many of their A teams have improved against the same school by 20-30 points.

Marched Ten

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm talking more about age group rugby where many of their A teams have improved against the same school by 20-30 points.

Oh very much so, the 16a's at Shore have gone the 4 years winning only one game, but this year have come close to beating joeys and then they beat scots! quite the surprise

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sorry, I didn't go to the thursday game, but here's the footage of tuesdays GPS v CAS 1stXV game. It's practically the whole game, 36mins of action, [not such a great game that i wanted to go over it again editing it.]
As always, thanks a bunch steppa.

3 points - Nick Wilkinson: explosive footwork and and excellent passing- had an absolute blinder.
2 points - Opeli Helu: ran and tackled like a mongrel.
1 point - Luke Osborne: had my doubts about his selection, but he played a fantastic game and was the right choice.

Agree? Disagree?

Leg Drive

Bob McCowan (2)
As always, thanks a bunch steppa.

3 points - Nick Wilkinson: explosive footwork and and excellent passing- had an absolute blinder.
2 points - Opeli Helu: ran and tackled like a mongrel.
1 point - Luke Osborne: had my doubts about his selection, but he played a fantastic game and was the right choice.

Agree? Disagree?

Have to agree, although very difficult to only give it to three players. Also thought Pietsch, J-Fellows and J-Williams had great games which was reflected in their state selections.

Marched Ten

Stan Wickham (3)
Combined States Team 2016

Ben O’Sullivan (Waverley College)
Bo Abra (St Stanislaus’ College)
Dylan Dowling (St Joseph’s College)
Dylan Valeni (Westfields Sports HS)
Ed Gregory (Shore)
Edward Fry (NBSC Freshwater)
Esei Haangana (St Paul’s CC)
Hugh Green (The Scots College)
Jack Mann (St Edmund’s College ACT)
James Lynch (The King’s School)
Jason Tani (Ipswich Grammar School)
John Yates (St Joseph’s College)
Jordan Petaia (Brisbane State High School)
Lachlan Day (St Joesph’s College)
Luke Edwards (Shore)
Matthew Orpen (The King’s School)
Matthew Taylor (St Edmund’s College ACT)
Nicholas Shannon (The Scots College)
Patrick Pellegrini (Champagnat CC)
Ratu Niumataiwalu (Ipswich Grammar School)
Sonny Ah San (Padua College)
Tom Jeffries (St Joseph’s Nudgee College)
Tom Serhon (Newington College)

source: http://www.schoolsrugby.com.au/2016/news/combined-states-team-2016/

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Combined States Team 2016

Ben O’Sullivan (Waverley College)
Bo Abra (St Stanislaus’ College)
Dylan Dowling (St Joseph’s College)
Dylan Valeni (Westfields Sports HS)
Ed Gregory (Shore)
Edward Fry (NBSC Freshwater)
Esei Haangana (St Paul’s CC)
Hugh Green (The Scots College)
Jack Mann (St Edmund’s College ACT)
James Lynch (The King’s School)
Jason Tani (Ipswich Grammar School)
John Yates (St Joseph’s College)
Jordan Petaia (Brisbane State High School)
Lachlan Day (St Joesph’s College)
Luke Edwards (Shore)
Matthew Orpen (The King’s School)
Matthew Taylor (St Edmund’s College ACT)
Nicholas Shannon (The Scots College)
Patrick Pellegrini (Champagnat CC)
Ratu Niumataiwalu (Ipswich Grammar School)
Sonny Ah San (Padua College)
Tom Jeffries (St Joseph’s Nudgee College)
Tom Serhon (Newington College)

source: http://www.schoolsrugby.com.au/2016/news/combined-states-team-2016/

would you happen to know which of these players were in the NSW shadows side?

Status
Not open for further replies.