• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Who do you think should make the team of the tournament?

My GPS Team of the Season is:
1. Opeti Hulu (N)
2. Charlie Jeavons-Fellows (S)
3. Harry Todd (S)
4. Nathan Brown (K)
5. Rory Suttor (E)
6. Charlie Rorke (I)
7. Dylan Peach (K)
8. Michael Fenn (I)
9. Will Haskins (E)
10. Nick Wilkinson (J)
11. Luke Rixon (E)
12. Matthew Orpen (K)
13. Will Terry (I)
14. Thomas Yassmin (S)
15. Luke Osbourne (K)

16. Billy Smith (S)
17. Yirribi Jaffer-Williams (J)
18. Darcy Breen (S)
19. Matthew McTaggart (J)

Thoughts?
IMHO Gregory (E) is the form fullback of the competition- unflappable at the back when faced with one on ones. Also excellent at the kick return.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
And what about swimming HJ?
Imagine if Kyle Chalmers, that huge unit, had taken up the Game We Play in Heaven instead of swimming or AFL (apparently he gave up AFL to focus in swimming)?!
If you are that good at swimming, you give up every other sport. Swimming doesn't get in the way of winter sports unless you are that good.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
I've been talking about this for three years, but everyone kept saying that it would never happen.
Given the success of rugby sevens which is highlighted at the olympics (tv ratings have been enormous, female rugby sevens is the fastest growing sport in the world), if anything they should be pushing rugby sevens. Bad decision Shore. Sydney is the only place in the world where rugby is under pressure from afl and soccer so why are they listening to whinging mums. Unless they double or triple their student numbers, they will spread their numbers too thin across 3 winter sports and be good at nothing. I suspect it's also related to Shores poor rugby results over the last 5 years. Many coaches (not all) are terrible.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Given the success of rugby sevens which is highlighted at the olympics (tv ratings have been enormous, female rugby sevens is the fastest growing sport in the world), if anything they should be pushing rugby sevens. Bad decision Shore. Sydney is the only place in the world where rugby is under pressure from afl and soccer so why are they listening to whinging mums. Unless they double or triple their student numbers, they will spread their numbers too thin across 3 winter sports and be good at nothing. I suspect it's also related to Shores poor rugby results over the last 5 years. Many coaches (not all) are terrible.
Why not criticise View for the myriad of winter sports they offer?

tightgrips

Frank Row (1)
Their was no animosity between the top two teams they had a healthy rivalry which has resulted with the 2nds fighting it out for the premiership today at view.
Riverview 1st xv lost its way after the defeat v Scots in the 1st round they went away from their knitting. Their strength was their forward power they tried to go away from this and started to try and attack from set piece in the backs which goes against the basics of going forward before you go wide.
This resulted in being caught behind the gain line too many times and at 1st xv level the opposing teams were too good to not take advantage.
This was the season that got away from Riverview a great team that lost its game plan.
If they win today versus scots it will come down to one kick in front v joeys that missed them winning premiership honours.
In saying the above Scots were a team that were very well coached, they recognised their strengths early on and developed a strong game plan around this and stayed focused , good luck to them well deserved.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Out here at North Parramatta even the canteen is showing their ability to scramble to deal with any foe.

I bowled up to the BBQ for the obligatory 2 X foot long sanger rolls only to be confronted by a hot plate loaded with the lesser, common garden variety 8 inch snags.

In a scene reminiscent of a good spaghetti western I looked through the oily smoke, deep into the squinting eyes of the Tong Master. She gasped, "Señor Azzuri I so sawlly. Señor Lopez he bring me da wrong saaaaaasitch!!!! ". She knew I meant business and that only one of us was going to leave the bbq area alive.

Our stare down was only broken by the plaintive shriek of a lone buzzard circling high above the JS White.

Without another word being uttered she quickly cut an eight inch in two adding it the sausage already in the bun. I tipped my hat and departed. Disaster averted!
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 259

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Out here at North Parramatta even the canteen is showing their ability to scramble to deal with any foe.

I bowled up to the BBQ for the obligatory 2 X foot long sanger rolls only to be confronted by a hot plate loaded with the lesser, common garden variety 8 inch snags.

In a scene reminiscent of a good spaghetti western I looked through the oily smoke, deep into the squinting eyes of the Tong Master. She gasped, "Señor Azzuri I so sawlly. Señor Lopez he bring me da wrong saaaaaasitch!!!! ". She knew I meant business and that only one of us was going to leave the bbq area alive.

Our stare down was only broken by the plaintive shriek of a lone buzzard circling high above the JS White.

Without another word being uttered she quickly cut an eight inch in two adding it the sausage already in the bun. I tipped my hat and departed. Disaster averted!View attachment 8317
Absolute gold

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
Why not criticise View for the myriad of winter sports they offer?
It's human nature to be most critical of those closest to us. I'm not close to Riverview so don't feel it's appropriate for me to comment too much about that school. Soccer and rugby is enough. Soccer on the main is fine. I watched shore firsts soccer beat Newington last week to lead the Comp and that is great.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
FT @ Nth Parra - Kings 45- Shore 10

Kings in control all game even with 2 players out with concussion from the game against View.

@NIS - Court will be in session Monday morning with Judge Azzuri presiding. Please do not attempt the insanity defence!

Status
Not open for further replies.