• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
The official AAGPS tipping comp needs tips for 1st XV, 2nd XV & 3rd XV fixtures.

Tipping only 1st XV results will probably not get you a Guernsey in the Tipping Comp, and also allow others a potential 7 point head start each round.
Stay tuned, rules for tipping comp will be posted tonight

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Azzuri, I am not sure that shore is confident about retaining POTY. There are 10 rounds of GPS rugby but only 5 rounds of GPS POTY. It's a high stakes competition, one slip and you are gone. There is talk of other schools offering Masterchef scholarships (Hotel California here we come). I've heard that Newington is importing chefs from the inner west.

You may well be right @Loiterer. I have to say I carry the burden of blame for possibly lulling @NIS into a false sense of security about the Shores POTY aspirations.

News of Newington's secret weapon in the POTY has reached me as well. Their Beer Fed Wagyu/Kobe Beef Pie with essence of Colitas wrapped in a gold leaf speckled pastry shell formed from a mould of the marble bosum of the Statue of Venus is concerning and could sweep the field.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
You may well be right @Loiterer. I have to say I carry the burden of blame for possibly lulling @NIS into a false sense of security about the Shores POTY aspirations.

News of Newington's secret weapon in the POTY has reached me as well. Their Beer Fed Wagyu/Kobe Beef Pie with essence of Colitas wrapped in a gold leaf speckled pastry shell formed from a mould of the marble bossum of the Statue of Venus is concerning and could sweep the field.
Served with ice cold Pink Champagne

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)

News of Newington's secret weapon in the POTY has reached me as well. Their Beer Fed Wagyu/Kobe Beef Pie with essence of Colitas wrapped in a gold leaf speckled pastry shell formed from a mould of the marble bossum of the Statue of Venus is concerning and could sweep the field.
Shore will no doubt put a start of the art commercial kitchen into their eastern grandstand when they build it, in an attempt to return to POTY dominance. This is likely to start a building war with kings building 50 new buildings to bring them to 1 building / 23 acres. Newington will respond with another building bringing them to 23 buildings / acre.

tjp8

Bob McCowan (2)
Grammar put High to sleep, scoring 50+ points to High's 5.

No prominent standouts from either sides. SGS were just clinical with their play. A skilful backline, and relentless forwards.
I noticed in your preview of the 3rd XV Comp that for grammar you mentioned a "dynamic centre field pairing", I'm assuming one of the half is none other than Alec Sheldon, but may I ask who the mysterious other member of this pair is? Or his position if you don't have a name?

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
So my crystal ball, that I used as a last resort when making my predictions in the GPS Season Preview, doesn't come with a money back guarantee so expectations of accuracy are very low.

That said the ball took on a diamond like appearance when consulted regarding this weekend.

It told me that Scots and Kings will benefit immensely from a tough match last weekend where they didn't put 40 plus points on opponents not in same division/comp. No false sense of security taken by either side from that encounter.

So Kings to beat New and Scots to beat Shore simply because they are more battle hardened.

View v Joeys not so clear. But a sense that Views desire for redemption after last year's 'underperformance' will be the difference.

Hugh. I made tipping comp compliant tips earlier in this thread

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
My post 2 up, has got me thinking. Apart from View v Scots and Kings v Scots have any other trials been played between GPS schools?

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Don't believe so, not at 15 a side anyway

I reckon that's got to count for a lot. Could mean that some teams are a 'week behind' others in their preparation.

Nothing prepares you for tough rugby matches better than playing tough rugby matches.

And all matches from this point forward are going to be tough

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The smell wafting from the canteens of Sydney has drawn me away from own kitchen to again provide a culinary prediction for the weekend ahead.

Kings V Newington will see again see the slow cooked beef goulash of Kings be placed against the honey pork ribs of Newington. With an English tour under their belt (and around their waistline) one would feel the Kings lads would be finding the faster, warmer climate to their disadvantage but with a good Jenny Craig meal or two and a few laps around White oval rumour has it that the Kings men will be too slick in the heat this Saturday. Newington's bigger lads may find the speed of Kings too much. TKS by 5 buckets of beer battered chips.

The battle of the Catholic bragging right always is best summed up in the BBQ at Hunters Hill. The Joeys classic "rower roll" has a bit of everything just like their team. Small nasty forwards who have been denied a decent meal this week and shower privileges will be looking to monster the Riverview lads with agression and filth. Riverview have complained often about the joeys change sheds as they find the lack of a wine chiller a bit primitive. Expect the Joeys back-line to dominate with more strike power than a hidden Israeli militia weapons cache. Joeys by 10 snags and a steak.

Scots will find I feel this season to be one of reality check. The triangle players have all but left the chamber and now it will be left to actual homegrown talent to carry the expectation of Tzar Lambert. The Shore men have been hardened one feels by the drought of the past three years and now will be season to repay the Shore faithful. A lot of belief seems to be coming from Northbridge and when fueled by one of the early contenders of POTY, the Shore boys could pull a Leicester City this season. I am putting some quiet money on the Shore men. Shore by a lamb roll.

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
No doubt the 3 plus players in the joeys team that are playing the "triangle" or paying no fees won't be the point of your "joke"....... If they were in the east or inner city we would be 100 pages ahead ........ But on the other thread would suit you better ?

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
It's okay ...... The salary cap team has just looked into it ...... It's just an "Anomaly" ...... So it's fine because it's more than 100 years old and not based in the east or inner city ...... It's okay to Play
on north side ..... Let the games begin

Status
Not open for further replies.