• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Why? Excellent results in the Summer sports, 2 narrow losses in the firsts rugby, and the 2nds and 3rds going well too.

Ok, it's not the 80 and 90's anymore but tbh a hard earnt victory is far sweeter that dismantling all comers.

I'm sure the Joe boys want more wins and I'm also sure they will come, but saying its a grim time to be a Joe boy is a bit of drama.

A school is far more than its recent sports results.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
You missed a cracking game Jim. The TAS coaching staff should be pretty pleased with their lads "never say die" attitude. They just kept grinding away and the score is a great reflection of the toughness and intensity of the game.

As the Scots 3's are about to encounter this weekend up at TAS. The Bellevue Hill lads should take a good deal of confidence into the match, after their own narrow opening loss to Kings, but outlasting the fast-finishing Cerise and Blue last weekend. Am sure those that make it up and over the Range will be well rewarded with a terrific game of Rugby, played at a 'gentlemanly' hour, and a first-rate TAS Dads' BBQ worthy of further report. ;)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
You missed a cracking game Jim. The TAS coaching staff should be pretty pleased with their lads "never say die" attitude. They just kept grinding away and the score is a great reflection of the toughness and intensity of the game.

Azzuri, that brief excerpt you showed of the one try was quite gripping with its constant attack and dogged defence. Those Kings boys really threw their hearts on the line. They must have been disappointed when TAS got through, but they really tried in a way that would have made a super rugby side proud.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
As the Scots 3's are about to encounter this weekend up at TAS. The Bellevue Hill lads should take a good deal of confidence into the match, after their own narrow opening loss to Kings, but outlasting the fast-finishing Cerise and Blue last weekend. Am sure those that make it up and over the Range will be well rewarded with a terrific game of Rugby, played at a 'gentlemanly' hour, and a first-rate TAS Dads' BBQ worthy of further report. ;)

Ah, CJ, its been a while since I experienced the BBQ. The last time I ate extremely nice Angus steak sambos! I have to sit down with the results to date and do my stocktake. I am probably going to Armidale end week (just a few things to sort out first) for a New England Writers' Centre Board meeting. With just a little bit of luck I might actually get to see the game!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

We'll need a report as to the quality of the pies for the POTY.:)

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Ah, CJ, its been a while since I experienced the BBQ. The last time I ate extremely nice Angus steak sambos! I have to sit down with the results to date and do my stocktake. I am probably going to Armidale end week (just a few things to sort out first) for a New England Writers' Centre Board meeting. With just a little bit of luck I might actually get to see the game!
I, for one, have great faith in the 'Father' of the 3's moving Heaven and Earth to attend with your beloved TAS flock on Saturday. Something about "where there's a will, there's... the New England Highway?"
I especially look forward to reading your "from the sideline" updates, time and 4G coverage permitting.
Go with Greatness Jim, but take it easy on those Scots boys! :)

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Mus
Must say @QH, Father Jim's mention of a decent Angus steak sambo from The TAS Dad's BBQ, got my imagination running to a serious country serving size of aged sirloin, beautifully cooked, wedged between a couple of slabs of buttered white crusty bread, juices running down through your fingers as you wrap your gaping maw around its tender mercies. Yum!

Then again, maybe it's just that its fast approaching my dinner time :) :)

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)

I, for one, have great faith in the 'Father' of the 3's moving Heaven and Earth to attend with your beloved TAS flock on Saturday. Something about "where there's a will, there's. the New England Highway?"
I especially look forward to reading your "from the sideline" updates, time and 4G coverage permitting.
Go with Greatness Jim, but take it easy on those Scots boys! :)

I will do my best, CJ! We locals go vian Nowendoc rather than the NE highway. I think the Scots boys can look after themselves! In any case, I'. just an "objective" observer.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
As do I Jim when am heading that way - Stroud, Gloucester, Barrington and Bucketts Way. Pretty as, and 50km shorter. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^^^
Too flashy, IS?
image.jpg

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
While triangulation is still difficult, here is my assessment of the thirds comp at the end of round 2.

TAS on 4 points clearly has to be the early favourite following their hard fought home over the ranges 5-3 win against a gutsy Kings side.

Below TAS, we now have six teams - Joeys, Newington, Kings, Scots, Grammar and Shore - on 2 points. Let's look at them one by one.

In round 1, Joeys defeated view 29-17, followed by close result 22-21 against Scots. Joeys are clearly a very good side, not to be written off.

Newington is next on the ladder in terms of for and against, but have played just one game, beating High 6-0. Newington to struggle.

Third on the ladder Kings defeated Scots 17-12 in round one before just losing to TAS. A tough team and a real contender.

Next we have Scots, always a threat. After losing to Kings 17-12, Scots defeated Joeys 23-21. Strong, but good enough?

Grammar is next in the comp. Their 35-0 loss to TAS was a shock, although injuries and the trip over the ranges no doubt contributed. We can see their strength in their 28-7 defeat of View. Not sure, but a definite contender.

Finally, Shore have only played one game. Their 36-12 win over High was obviously a good one, but they have still to demonstrate that they are a contender.

Now just based on two rounds, my view is that the leading contenders ranked in order are TAS, Kings, Joeys, Scots and Grammar.

Next week's TAS v Scots Armiadle derby is shaping as a critical match. A TAS win would consolidate TAS at the top of the comp if still vulnerable. A Scots win would throw the comp wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.