• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Something like this might be more appropriate.;) More my speed anyway.

images
More 'shaken not stirred', Moneypenny? ;)

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
While triangulation is still difficult, here is my assessment of the thirds comp at the end of round 2.

TAS on 4 points clearly has to be the early favourite following their hard fought home over the ranges 5-3 win against a gutsy Kings side.

Next week's TAS v Scots Armiadle derby is shaping as a critical match. A TAS win would consolidate TAS at the top of the comp if still vulnerable. A Scots win would throw the comp wide open.

On my dodgy maths, and leaving out any "kiss your sister" draw results, a Scots win up over the range, would see at least 4 teams on 4pts after the first 3 Rounds - TAS + Scots + either New or Kings, + either Grammar or Shore, and every chance of a 5th team, Joeys, assuming they win over High.

Wonderful Comp, the 3's.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Wow, that's the only word I can use to describe Adam Goodman's performance on the weekend. A natural leader, he carried his team, although they didn't get the win, Goodman put in the hard yards, and actually could knock off Max McKay (I think?) for captaincy.

Again the Bruce brothers put in a gutsy performance in the forwards, which reminded me of a Nick Bruce, who actually played 1sts for Newington many years ago; keep an eye out on them, big things to come.

Kosmas was at it again, like a vulture at the ruck, getting over the ball quicker then he can smash a halal snack pack (with bbq sauce and garlic sauce on top). His performance, if he keeps it up should be enough to gain selection for the Greek 18's squad, something he can be really proud about.

Sorry if their are any spelling mistakes, i've only recently been hit with a mild form of arthritis and typing isn't the easiest thing to be doing.

Nectar out!

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Finally, Shore have only played one game. Their 36-12 win over High was obviously a good one, but they have still to demonstrate that they are a contender.

I saw the Shore vs High game. High didn't play that bad but Shore had a very nice attacking pattern and spread the ball with ease - something High seems to struggle against.

I'd like to consider them as smokies for this years competition, but some of their results from earlier in the trial season may suggest otherwise.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Wow, that's the only word I can use to describe Adam Goodman's performance on the weekend. A natural leader, he carried his team, although they didn't get the win, Goodman put in the hard yards, and actually could knock off Max McKay (I think?) for captaincy.

Again the Bruce brothers put in a gutsy performance in the forwards, which reminded me of a Nick Bruce, who actually played 1sts for Newington many years ago; keep an eye out on them, big things to come.

Kosmas was at it again, like a vulture at the ruck, getting over the ball quicker then he can smash a halal snack pack (with bbq sauce and garlic sauce on top). His performance, if he keeps it up should be enough to gain selection for the Greek 18's squad, something he can be really proud about.

Sorry if their are any spelling mistakes, i've only recently been hit with a mild form of arthritis and typing isn't the easiest thing to be doing.

Nectar out!

Actually Max McKay played 1st 15 this weekend! Isaac Lewis it the captain

Loose Carry

Peter Burge (5)
Can't think of last time joeys lost on the same day 1sts, 2nds, 3rds and 16as

The competition is wide open with next weekend featuring top of the table clash (view v kings) , joeys v scots . Which is usually good . And then a seemingly unlikely bottom of the table clash of newington and shore

Be curious to know who is leading 16s comp . As that seems wide open . Surprised that scots won today . Assuming they are still missing their star backs

️Re newington . I think Bailey Simmison (sic) is a freakish player, but today he seemed to be trying to do it all solo, whereas scots seemed to play more as a team

Either way will be v interested to see how scots go next week . Will billy smith still be out . ?
Joeys won the 2nds.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Gee, Azzuri, you've been awfully quiet on the thread of late. You running silent and deep, or is it really just RM2 that gets your motor running?

Has the Govmint finished laying new NthWest trackwork get the Kings Express to Lane Cove? Or will the Chief Engineer be having to make do with being "on da buses"?

So many questions to be answered this Saturday arvo! Dare I say it, it should be a 'Cracker' out there at Lane Cove :)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Alas fellow correspondents.... to paraphrase the late great Mark Twain, reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Disappointingly on the weekend there was a run on the fried onions and so I had to make do with the expurgated version of the standard foot long banger roll, which left me feeling somewhat shortchanged.

It wasn't however long after that culinary hiccup that my spirits were once again elevated by the sound of the final whistle and a quick peek at the score board. Ahhhh......that's better!!!

With another big test coming up against another bunch of rabid Catholics I'm engaging stealth mode and hoping the lads make sure that my diet remains free of any big wedges of humble pie. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.