• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
What did I say????

Just brought the point winners from 3 separate match reviews into one place so we could see who the school writers (of which I am one) think is playing well.

But (thankfully) selecting the best TEAM to represent GPS is a far more complicated and considered process.

Please continue to post your selections. I might even throw in mine. Just want to make sure all are aware that the information I post is not a prediction. A conversation prompter most definitely. But not a prediction.

Cheers

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 4 Tips
ISN
ISN
NJGA

Trusty 2 Bob's Tips (from the great season 2016 coin off)
Round 4
ISN
IJE
NHEA

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Tips

ISN
KSN
NJGS

Comments 1st XV
Riverview in a close one. No confidence at all in this tip...it really could go either way. I have seen Kings and they are good but not unbeatable..my assessment of Riverview is based on what I read in this forum and that would suggest a narrow win.
Scots haven't lost at Joeys for a number of years now (since 2012 I believe)..the aura of Hunters Hill no longer yields significant home team advantage....Scots to the fore in a win by 6.
Alas I fear Shore will go down this weekend. Newington at home will lift, reward the faithful and bring this one home.

2nd XV
Kings seem to have resolved the issues in defence experienced against Scots. Kings by 4.
Scots second team is the strongest it's been for years. Yet to be challenged this will be their sternest test but they will prevail. Scots by 8.
Shore will come close...but no cigar.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
2nd XV
Kings seem to have resolved the issues in defence experienced against Scots. Kings by 4.
Scots second team is the strongest it's been for years. Yet to be challenged this will be their sternest test but they will prevail. Scots by 8.
Shore will come close.but no cigar.

I haven't seen Scots 2nds play, but I've been told by a reliable source who has (and is in no way connected to TSC) that they are the best 2nds team he's seen. He strongly doubted that they would be beaten at all - big, fast, fit and skilful.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
TIPPING RD 3 - Still a few Rd 4 missing - pls post on Tipping Convo

GPS tips Rd 3.jpg

GPS tipping rd3.1.jpg

deezebola

Frank Nicholson (4)
I haven't seen Scots 2nds play, but I've been told by a reliable source who has (and is in no way connected to TSC) that they are the best 2nds team he's seen. He strongly doubted that they would be beaten at all - big, fast, fit and skilful.

was 6-3 at half time last week between scots and new and then scots showed their class but was still quite close as all there tries were from turnovers on their own line and then running the field

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
The two games I have seen Scots twos play against Kings (one a trial) the big winger (Yassim I think) was a significant factor in the scores. Maybe I wasn't watching too closely as someone told me he scored 5 tries in
the romp over Kings two weeks ago. The Aboriginal lad in the centres also strong. I thought I saw both their names mentioned in last weeks match reports for the 1sts. Kings 2nds were way to strong for New. Scots 2nds towelled up Kings and New too good for Riverview in the 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.