• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS thread has gone all quiet?!

$cots had a pretty good weekend last Saturday ... winning 1sts, 2nds, 3rds, 16As, 15As and 13As. Only 14As lost ....What happened? ... thought that team was one of their stronger teams?

Either way Scots are going to have their work cut out for them this weekend...

That Baker kid in the 2nds .... there isn't a lot of him ... but he is very slippery ... definitely rate him

...would like to see him get some game time in Ones... although the Scots backs seem to be going pretty good ... even without Billy Smith

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Here is some trivia. That baker kids dad was a pretty handy player himself. Scored an intercept try against Joeys to ultimately win the game and 1987 GPS 1st XV premiership for Scots. I think Angus Crichtons dad may have been on same Scots team too.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
GPS thread has gone all quiet?!
@SDW, I reckon some of "the quiet" can be put down to the importance of the results of this weekend's matches to the possible outcomes of this year's 1st XV Premiership, and each team's relative chances of being there at the 'sharper' end. A massive step forward to that end will be taken by at least one team playing at Lane Cove.

Irrespective of the goings on at HH and Stanmore, a W in the column against the Round 4 match at Lane Cove could see a certain loquacious 'return' from a favourite Forum correspondent, or if there's an L in that column, it might result in even deeper cover being taken and 'greater' silence as those near and dear re-focus on the remaining Rounds.

Without wanting to get ahead of this weekend's action, irrespective results this weekend, I'll be fascinated in all the "Round 2" action yet to come. As we've seen in this format of a 'home and away' Premiership, Round 2 'return' matches are always tighter affairs, even in years where there's been a bit of a touch up in the "Round 1" encounter. I expect this year will be no different, and therefore some compelling viewing.

R

Runpasstackle

After watching all 1st xv teams this year. One comment i would make is that the comp is exciting due to the closeness.
However from a player standard point of view, its way back compared to previous years. CAS even further however just seems a weak year group. IMO

R

Runpasstackle

Skill level way down i believe in comparison. Majority of tries have been scored on broken play attack as opposed constructed attack. Defense has never really been put to the test as result.
Winning sides of past 3 years had much better structure to their play and more ruthless to put away opposition mistakes..
Mid field attack is poor and unable to shift point of attack as efficiently as previous years.

Don't get me wrong makes for a better comp due to how close it is however individual skill level not as strong. To much one out not team play. Most wins have come about to one out play vs team play

Just my opinion

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Skill level way down i believe in comparison. Majority of tries have been scored on broken play attack as opposed constructed attack. Defense has never really been put to the test as result.
Winning sides of past 3 years had much better structure to their play and more ruthless to put away opposition mistakes..
Mid field attack is poor and unable to shift point of attack as efficiently as previous years.

Don't get me wrong makes for a better comp due to how close it is however individual skill level not as strong. To much one out not team play. Most wins have come about to one out play vs team play

Just my opinion

...and you've seen all the teams play?

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Rumour has it that star forward from the Newington forward pack is moving to outside centre. Any guesses? Also Bayley Kuenzle the magnificent flyhalf for Newington is returning.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rumour has it that star forward from the Newington forward pack is moving to outside centre. Any guesses? Also Bayley Kuenzle the magnificent flyhalf for Newington is returning.

Looks like BK makes his long-awaited return to 1sts, and Turner shifts out to #12 and Lawson goes to #13 - Rory Lynch comes back in to #8 & Hamish Duvall goes down to 2nds but must be unfortunate in that he appears to be paying the price for the backline's defensive lapses (definitely not his alone) in the first 3 games.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Looks like BK makes his long-awaited return to 1sts, and Turner shifts out to #12 and Lawson goes to #13 - Rory Lynch comes back in to #8 & Hamish Duvall goes down to 2nds but must be unfortunate in that he appears to be paying the price for the backline's defensive lapses (definitely not his alone) in the first 3 games.

And Tyrone selected on the wing......

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)

Just my opinion
So you want Teams full of anomalies that put 100 points on others.

They are called representative teams not School first XV

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.