• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Calling newington team a joke is ridiculous ...

Must say today I saw some fantastic schoolboy rugby today

But I also saw loads of rubbish ... Rubbish from parents , spectators, schoolkids, even coaches

Seriously what is going on with cas and gps embracing
Respect rugby

I have heard it all before ... Where is your seeing eye dog, etc

It's relentless ... It's typically emanating out of some fat father who looks like he loves a buffet, drinks like a fish, has an over inflated opinion of knowledge of the rules

Often wearing his junior rugby hat

And setting a disgraceful example ... Laying into officials and worse school age kids

No wonder then you have kids following suit

Oh well a lot of knuckleheads out there ... And really detracts from the rugby

As for scots today they played great .... Newington were well and truly in the game , and just seemed to be unlucky... And gee some of those newington kids really are massive

While next week the difference between the joeys and scots wingers is going to be a great photo op

Think rocky v Dolph lundgren ... Although it will be yassim versus the joeys Asian pocket rocket

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Very entertaining game of footy at JS White. Thought Joeys were going to pull off a famous win in the dying seconds but Kings proved too strong. Both forward packs are very strong and matched each other physical the whole game. It was very hard to seperate the sides with both teams holding momentum at various stages, although Kings always looked the more threatening.

Kings 15 is a definite chance for GPS 1s, massive boot, dangerous running game and a tough defender. He was my MOTM with Kings 2 and 9 looking good also. The 8 didn't have his best game and bombed a certain try at a crucial moment but was still very impressive.

Joeys best was the 6 Ashurst and 7 Dalton, with 13 Jaffer Williams and 8 impressive aswell. Thought the backline was flat at times and they tended to push passes which resulted in lost possession, although they look to be one of the better sides this year. Having seen both Kings and View I think the shield will be heading to Parramatta this year.

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very entertaining game of footy at JS White. Thought Joeys were going to pull off a famous win in the dying seconds but Kings proved too strong. Both forward packs are very strong and matched each other physical the whole game. It was very hard to seperate the sides with both teams holding momentum at various stages, although Kings always looked the more threatening.

Kings 15 is a definite chance for GPS 1s, massive boot, dangerous running game and a tough defender. He was my MOTM with Kings 2 and 9 looking good also. The 8 didn't have his best game and bombed a certain try at a crucial moment but was still very impressive.

Joeys best was the 6 Ashurst and 7 Dalton, with 13 Jaffer Williams and 8 impressive aswell. Thought the backline was flat at times and they tended to push passes which resulted in lost possession, although they look to be one of the better sides this year. Having seen both Kings and View I think the shield will be heading to Parramatta this year.

Did you have team lists from Parramatta today?

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Newington are a joke this year.

I think that's very harsh.
They are competitive but not the force of old.
Very much in the hunt for 3/4 of the game today but then Scots ran in 3 unanswered tries.
I would question the fitness of some of their forwards.
A lot of big boys but carrying a few excess rolls.
They seemed to tire towards the end.
Evidenced by a scrum late in the game when they were pushed off their own ball.
Tyrone is less of a handful now after terrorising junior rugby in the East for many years.
The other issue they have is in defence. They don't get organised well enough and quickly enough. I believe this again is linked to fitness.
But a joke they are not......

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Teams from Lane Cove today

Riverview 1st XV
1. Frank Cutler
2. Tom Osborne
3. Sam Williams
4. Jaxon Petterson
5. Tom Silk
6. Charlie Rorke
7. Henrt Weston
8. Michael Fenn
9. Will Grant
10. Dom Easy
11. Edward McGeoch
12. Jake Pirina
13. Will Terry (c)
14. Oli Smeallie
15. Conor Fahey

Shore 1st XV
1. Luke Edwards
2. Ed Collard
3. Ben Furby
4. Callan Salter
5. Rory Suttor
6. Max Burrows
7. Charlie Joyce
8. Robin Allen (c)
9. Will Haskins
10. Max Sinclair
11. Fynn Baveystock
12. Dom Headley
13. Hamish Sheahan
14. Jack Stinson
15. Edward Gregory

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What was the problem?

Well, for starters, it constitutes "negative barracking" and is therefore contrary to the AAGPS code of practice:
  1. Barracking may be enthusiastic, should be positive rather than negative, avoiding excessive attention to the individual – even to praise him. A good example should be set by applauding skilful performance and play regardless of school.
Secondly, its poor form: but if i need to tell you that I guess you won't understand.
And since you choose to call into doubt the legitimacy of my view I will also mention that the jeering when Shore were kicking for goal is very arguably worse - except that negativity was answered by the young man kicking them from the sideline. Ugly and in very poor form.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Thought I was reading a soccer result, until I noticed the author! ;)

Very big game coming up next week in the 3's Comp with the lads from Bellevue Hill travelling up and over the range to face the undefeated TAS.

It was obviously very close. Tomorrow will be clearer when we have all the scores, but it looks like another very open comp

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well, for starters, it constitutes "negative barracking" and is therefore contrary to the AAGPS code of practice:

Secondly, its poor form: but if i need to tell you that I guess you won't understand.
And since you choose to call into doubt the legitimacy of my view I will also mention that the jeering when Shore were kicking for goal is very arguably worse - except that negativity was answered by the young man kicking them from the sideline. Ugly and in very poor form.

I certainly agree with you that booing when kicking for goal is unacceptable. It happened on one occasion and stopped after a few of their peers gave them a tap on the shoulder.

As the for the "God made the Shore boys, we all make mistakes" I think it's pretty soft. It's all done in good spirit. I sincerely doubt any student took offence.

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)

If you would like to argue about specific words in warcries, please make a separate forum as that has nothing to do with the actual match at hand.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If you would like to argue about specific words in warcries, please make a separate forum as that has nothing to do with the actual match at hand.

I'll give that the weight it deserves from a poster with your experience.......

As the for the "God made the Shore boys, we all make mistakes" I think it's pretty soft. It's all done in good spirit. I sincerely doubt any student took offence.
Maybe, maybe not.
Imagine if the heathens from Grammar (assuming they could muster the numbers) started chants which questioned SIC's belief in the existence of a god.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Tyrone is less of a handful now after terrorising junior rugby in the East for many years.

I believe Tyrone is too easily contained in the centres, better to place him on the wing where he has space and thereby use his speed.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
I'll give that the weight it deserves from a poster with your experience...

Maybe, maybe not.
Imagine if the heathens from Grammar (assuming they could muster the numbers) started chants which questioned SIC's belief in the existence of a god.

Is it that your chosen team doesn't represent in a higher grade that you take your anger out, as well as undermine, a team that is undefeated and playing good footy?

Don't think it's fair attacking the crowd over the teams reputation, as they have nothing to do with it.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Interestingly that result did not seem to make it to the joeys Twitter account Sounds like a great game ....
Can't find anyone that is technologically advanced enough at scots to do Twitter bob?
There has to be an old boy out there that graduated in social media

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'll give that the weight it deserves from a poster with your experience...

Maybe, maybe not.

Well, then we would be attacking religious beliefs vs. generic insults (if you wish to take it as that). One would certainly find it ironic though considering Grammar's motto is "Praise be to God".

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Is it that your chosen team doesn't represent in a higher grade that you take your anger out, as well as undermine, a team that is undefeated and playing good footy?

Don't think it's fair attacking the crowd over the teams reputation, as they have nothing to do with it.
If, by chance, that the Australian Government ever issue you with a passport, I suggest you try cat calling or booing at an Irish Rugby game when the kicker is lining up for his shot.
If you do, you are much better at scrapping than I. Sean, Seamus and Padraigh will tear you a new sphincter. It shows nothing more than uncultured buffoonery. If parra boof thinks that this is the kind of thing to do, I suggest that he readjust his mindset and look at something more in the line of brickies labouring?
Nothing more than classlessness in a game supposedly played by gentlemen
Just Sayin...

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Unbelievable game out at Lane Cove today. Shore really shocked View in the first half with some solid defence and managed attack, with View making far too many errors. However the turn around by the Blue & White in the second astounded me; easily some of the best schoolboy rugby tries I have ever witnessed in my time. Forwards were unstoppable: in particular Silk, Rorke and Fenn who are near impossible to bring down.

Huge huge game next weekend against Kings.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Nothing to do with the team.
They don't need the cheap rubbish to win games.
It is a huge relief that my chosen team don't play in a higher grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.