• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
I wandered up from Cranbrook (from the Waverley game), so I didn't see the entire Scots Joeys game

<snip>

It struck me that Joeys were trying to play catch-up, having obviously had a poor first half .. I look forward to seeing what happened in the first stanza, care of Sidesteppa

15mins highlights package being uploaded right now, won't be finished until after 11pm though. There's 7mins footage from the first half, mostly tries rather than rolling mauls. The full game footage will also be uploaded but not for a while unfortunately.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Shore and its supporters should be very proud of their first half performance. They were the dominant side and showed they are deserving of better results than what the season has given to date. They should be in a good position to win against Kings who have lost their last three games.

The winning of the second half by 38-0 nil to Newington should be seem in the context of a New side that has started to hit peak performance and is now displaying a hitting power few thought it possessed. I therefore look forward to New's performance against Joeys. But well aware that Joeys will be a most dangerous opponent.[/quote]

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Sidesteppa, I have really enjoyed your videos on this forum so thanks very much - the video doesn't lie and is unbiased :) I coach an U9 team and I think a highlights package would be well received by parents and may help with improving skills. Can you please give me some guidance on what video equipment to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any current camera that records video in high definition and has a zoom will do, I use a $600 Sony but you also need a decent size memory card [16GB or more] & spare battery. But try it out with your phone or a borrowed cam first, if you can't hold it steady, zoomed in and follow the ball, it may be wasted money. Actually for an U9's game you can probably wander up & down the touchline faster than they can, so maybe zoom is not so important.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Putting aside "your opinion" the reality is that Kings lost the last 3 games by a total of 12 points. This doesnt indicate a team that was dominated by anyone or that lacked playmakers and direction but rather a team that played in a close comp against equally strong opposition in games that were decided in the dying minutes and that could easily have gone either way!. The for and against stats for this year also clearly show Kings have had the best defence this season. But it's all academic now anyway and to the victor go the spoils, so congrats must go to Scots for being the most consistent.

It's been such an even season Azzuri, a few points have decided so many games. A look at the for and against of everyone but Shore indicates as much:

S +35
K +24
I + 33
N + 7
J + 19

5 teams out of six with a positive points differential is highly unusual in any competition.

Scots are 1st, 3 teams equal second and Joeys a win behind.

Having seen Shore on Saturday, I suspect that they've been in most of their games, but have conceded points in the last quarter. They tackle like demons, but they have to do so much of it against bigger teams, it must tell.

And have I said that they ran out of pies before 2nds started.:eek:

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

Surely it seems they have the talent, but lack the hard work and dedication showcased at the other schools. This is always evident in the last 20 minutes. Perhaps the boys from North Sydney need to toughen up.[/quote]

Cheap shot. They've tested every team this year and can hold their head up high as one of the toughest.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I was at Kings watching the cross country and then moved to Shore for the soccer and rugby. In my opinion the Shore grounds faired better.

well you must have been watching Rugby on the back fields (the doyles).

The JS White is peerless and not one sign of mud, slop or divot to speak of even during torrential rain.

Take the Points

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not taking anything away from Newington, their second half display was very formidable. They were the best side over 70 minutes they were not the best over 35 mins,

But keep in mind that Shore had to make a lot of replacement through injury, including both centres, so the team they were facing in the second half had changed considerably from the first half
Who replaced both the Shore centres?

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Who replaced both the Shore centres?

The back line was shuffled around a lot in the second half,

Rixon (younger brother)ended up on the wing seemed like Baveystock was moved in from the wing and Ed Gregory up from Full back - there were a few different combos. Not sure who all the replacements were.

Sinclair and Sheehan were a simply brilliant combination, played such a good first half. They are both very high caliber players and such a shame to loose them both midway through the match. Good to see Hamish Sheehan get some meat 2 weeks in a row, and Max Sinclair playing out of his skin at the moment. Made some great tackles. One to watch for high rep honors 2017,

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Rixon (younger brother)ended up on the wing seemed like Baveystock was moved in from the wing and Ed Gregory up from Full back - there were a few different combos. Not sure who all the replacements were.

Sinclair and Sheehan were a simply brilliant combination, played such a good first half. They are both very high caliber players and such a shame to loose them both midway through the match. Good to see Hamish Sheehan get some meat 2 weeks in a row, and Max Sinclair playing out of his skin at the moment. Made some great tackles. One to watch for high rep honors 2017,

I thought that 9 and 13 were excellent for Shore on Saturday. And special mention to the little winger 14? (smallest guy on the field) who marked the big winger from Newington. Cut him down about 4 or 5 times with copy book head on tackles.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)

Gregory shifted into 12 with the departure of Sinclair at half time and the younger Rixon (15 in the 2s) came into 15. With the departure of Sheehan halfway through the 2nd half Gibson (10 in the 2s) ended up playing 13 (a courageous effort considering he was captain of the 3s only 3 weeks ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.