• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The President has spoken:
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/President-XV’s-Squad-List.pdf

President XV’s Squad List
Forwards:
Edwards L.
Thatcher S.
Gibson F.
Edstein-Boyes C.
Smith M.
Blackhall L.
Groth C.
Jackson H.
Quinn C.
Loh C.
Collard E.
Porter A.
Williams M.
Mackenzie-Wood H.
Hicks D.
Rafter J.
Rorke C.
Dalton P.
Lawson N.
Lynch R.
Mackenzie A.
Chadwick T.
Bours N.
Brown C.
Kearns F.
Tuinakavadra M.

Backs:
Grant W.
Dowling D.
Haldene J.
Ireland J.
Styles J.
Angus – Corke R.
Douglas W.
Taukoma T.
Pitt E.
Kandalaft J.
Goode T.
Quinn J.
Smith B.
Sinclair M.
Southwell H.
Ned K.
Isherwood – Critchley S.
Baker B.
Alexender Z.
Hedley D.

I don't know the players well enough to assign schools to the names, or to have a lash at a Presidents A or B squad breakdown.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If a lad in the Opens Trials is not selected for NSW ALL Schools 1st XV or 2nd XV, AND they are Under 16 eligible, the NSW SRU U16 selectors will consider them for selection into the NSW All Schools Under 16 team, even if they don't attend the Under 16's Championships on Saturday and Sunday.

The Selectors will have had an opportunity to assess that player in an Under 18 environment on at least two occasions. In Tyrone's case it would be the game against CAS earlier this week and in tomorrows fixture.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
How is Tyrone going ? He was obviously a big 12 yr old back in the day and they all said he would go on to bigger things . Only reason he would win games on his own was due to him being the size of a man at 12. I'm sure a lot of the kids have caught up to now or will by the time they 18.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Isn't he the 8th back named?
As I recall he was picked last year but withdrew
How is Tyrone going ? He was obviously a big 12 yr old back in the day and they all said he would go on to bigger things . Only reason he would win games on his own was due to him being the size of a man at 12. I'm sure a lot of the kids have caught up to now or will by the time they 18.

I read few comment from the trial against cas he play in the second gps team And he play really well may be he got a good chance in the nsw team considering he just turn sixteen and he can still can handle the eighteen years old boys.

I watch the video new vs scots first round he definitely not out of place.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Isn't he the 8th back named?
As I recall he was picked last year but withdrew

He may have withdrawn because he was in the CIS U15 Rugby League team for the Australian Schoolboys comp which was on in Tamworth last year at this exact same time last year (this year it is on in Penrith).

He is a huge talent and one to watch for the future, either in rugby union or rugby league.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
If you didn't see it on the other U16 championship thread, here's the link to footage of the Presidents XV playing in the final last sunday. Impressed by the back line [when they don't chip kick] esp the centres. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.