• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Barbarians tour to Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I'm not really au fait with streaming.

Can someone advise how the second game can be watched? What do you do?

Did people watch the first one live (not just the highlights afterwards) by using the link supplied by Santiago - if not, how?

Santiago

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm not really au fait with streaming.

Can someone advise how the second game can be watched? What do you do?

Did people watch the first one live (not just the highlights afterwards) by using the link supplied by Santiago - if not, how?
sup bro

yeah, we all watched it with that stream.

the first one was ESPN live by outside sudamerica because it was only in ESPN extra, it was in la plata club ( a rugby club of argie and not a big stadium like we always play because they are all busy with soccer)

so yeah, that one you could watch it in spanish

The second one will be in Salta, in a bigger stadium (where argie played vs england) so there will be a few streams i'll be gladly to post them.

Santiago

Allen Oxlade (6)
but if i'm not here by any chance

here is is it.

• A JUGARSE
  • 09/08/2013 - 20:10
  • Padre Ernesto Martearena, Salta
20:10 Argie hour, 18:10 CST hour, 19:10 EST(USA) hour

you can change it to aus hour, but i did it so is 9:15 AM in australia

¿The Steams?

You can check it this friday around 9 am or less in this webpages

viplivebox.eu
http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?&part=sports&discipline=rugby
rojadirecta.me

sadly, it will be in spanish so yeah

However if i'm here, i'll post all the streams in the best quality i can find.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The official ESPN one was what I watched and it was great - one click, put on the headphones to listen to the Spanish prononciation des noms and away you go!

It is really interesting to get a feel for how people commentate in another language, even if you can't understand it. Even in English it can be confusing - the North American commentators have a very gridiron slant on the metrics of rugby.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I didnt mind the Spanish commentary tbh. They got a bit excitable towards the end of the match

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

I had the stream open half screen with team sheets on the other half, was pretty effective.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
does greenandgoldrugby created a chat or something for users to talk like when there's a match?

There use to be a real time live chat box on the side of the forum during matches but the Mod's don't bother with it anymore.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I didnt mind the Spanish commentary tbh. They got a bit excitable towards the end of the match

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

I had the stream open half screen with team sheets on the other half, was pretty effective.

It's amazing how you can adapt to doing something like that.

I don't understand French but I watch a few games of Clermont that are not available in English - although I know most of the regular players, which helps.

It makes you concentrate a lot on who has the ball, something one gets a bit lazy about normally. And because you are more focused minute-to-minute, it also trains you to question more what the commentators are saying in other games, with English commentary. I find myself drifting off to laziness in that area too often unless I concentrate.

Having said all that, am I correct in saying that nobody watched the first match listening to English commentary?

A big heads up - or thumbs up - to Santiago.

Santiago

Allen Oxlade (6)
wow thank you guys

i actually was looking for a stream myself, and found this thread so it seemed cool, and i like australians

Id the first match listening to English commentary?
Sadly no because no one in AUS/UK/NZ/SA channels broadcasted it and only ESPN (guess they don't care about) so it's only in spanish

when they score a in-goal they say

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADEEEEEENTRO" (inside) and the last one man, i jumped because finally argie won a really tough match (NSW deserved my respects)

there should be a chat, so coz streams is in spanish and i would love to answer all the doubts you have with the match in spanish

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
NSW Barbarians team to play the Pumas

Saturday August 10, 2013 (9.10am AEST)
Estadio Padre Martearena, Salta

1. Jeremy Tilse (Sydney University)
2. Luke Holmes (Warringah)
3. Sam Talakai (Sydney University)
4. Will Skelton (Sydney University)
5. Mitchell Chapman (Eastern Suburbs)
6. Jack Dempsey (Gordon)
7. Pat McCutcheon (Sydney University, captain)
8. Tala Gray (Eastern Suburbs)
9. Matt Lucas (Manly)
10. Ben Volavola (Southern Districts)
11. Alofa Alofa (West Harbour)
12. Terrence Hepetema (Randwick)
13. Rob Horne (Southern Districts)
14. Cam Crawford (Northern Suburbs)
15. Drew Mitchell (Randwick)

Replacements:
16. Kerren Straker (Penrith)
17. Tolu Latu (Sydney University)
18. Keliti Vangalo (Eastern Suburbs)
19. Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)
20. Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs)
21. Auvasa Falealii (Newcastle Waratahs)
22. David Horwitz (Randwick)
23. Michael McDougall (Eastwood)
24. Usaia O’Sullivan (West Harbour)
25. Alex Gibbon (Southern Districts)
26. Matt Carraro
27. David Lolohea (West Harbour)

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
no prob, i was really nerivous that there wouldn't be a stream, thanks for watch the game.

But there was AND IT WAS AWESOME!

I note the stream URL will probably change slightly fro this week. So forgive my ignorance, I do not speak Spanish; could you please provide an updated link for this weeks match?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Ok, I can't remember, did they use the new scrummaging rules in the last game?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok, I can't remember, did they use the new scrummaging rules in the last game?
They did. Our Front row got hammered, but there were very few resets.

Also notice Peter Betham was called home for Wallabies camp only to be left out of the final squad. Cheers Link.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Actually, while our scrum was on skates a couple of times on its own feed, it had the Argies under significant pressure several times as well.

One collapse in the 52nd minute. Other than that, perfecto!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Actually, while our scrum was on skates a couple of times on its own feed, it had the Argies under significant pressure several times as well.

One collapse in the 52nd minute. Other than that, perfecto!

I didn't see the feed, only the highlights. Was this because on our feed the hooker was too involved in striking for the ball to push hard? That might explain why the feeding team was under pressure in both cases. If so, it doesn't presage well for the future. How did scrums get over this in the old days? Was it a case of both hookers striking so the process was evened up?

Status
Not open for further replies.