• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CHS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

no_name12

The CHS trials were held last week. can anyone who was there give any reports?

footy-kid

Allen Oxlade (6)
NSWCHS Teams announced-

Jake McIntyre Alstonville HS
Ewen McQueen Alstonville HS
Rohan Perry Alstonville HS
Saila Saipele Ashfield Boys HS
Jonathan Palmer Ashfield Boys HS
Gordon Broome Asquith HS
Eddie Faingataa NBSC - Balgowlah Boys Campus
Watson Crichton Bankstown Senior College
Zac Spring Banora Point HS
Duncan Low Barrenjoey HS
James Knight Bomaderry HS
Oliver Stemler Canterbury Boys HS
Jake Kay Castle Hill HS
Tony Palemia Chifley College
Seamus Leyland Cowra HS
James Caterson Endeavour Sports HS
Albert Hemopo Endeavour Sports HS
Matagi Sau Endeavour Sports HS
Waldo Wessels Endeavour Sports HS
Alexander Apps Epping Boys HS
Nick Caldrake Epping Boys HS
David Fangaloka Epping Boys HS
Alex Batho Farrer MAHS
Michael Carr Farrer MAHS
Christopher Parker Farrer MAHS
Hedley Brooks Farrer MAHS
Cooper Lyneham Forbes HS
Osuka Lloyd NBSC - Freshwater Senior Campus
Clint Gutherson NBSC - Freshwater Senior Campus
Matthew Parkinson Galston HS
Will Magnussen Gosford HS
Brendan Haddad Hunter Sports HS
Kelepi Leao Hunter Sports HS
Josh Calcagno Kellyville HS
Paul Asquith Kiama HS
Tom Carruthers Killarney Heights HS
Alex Northam Killarney HS
Jack Booker Kincumber HS
John Patterson Kincumber HS
Reece Hodge NBSC - Manly Selective
John Fangia Marsden HS
Manasa Roksuka Marsden HS
Famoi Mohr Morissett HS
Vincent Quigley Mullumbimby HS
Thomas Vaessen Narrabri HS
Ofiu Manukeu Plumpton HS
Saia Tanginoa Prairiewood HS
Bronson Manu Prairiewood HS
Zane Bashford Randwick Boys HS
Taane Milne Randwick Boys HS
Sam Kenny Terrigal HS
Jahmali Hicks The Hills Sports HS
Takai Moeakiola The Hills Sports HS
Veasii Kavaefiafi Westfields Sports HS

views?...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Thanks for posting that ILMF.

I wonder if there are any stars in that lot apart from players like Wessels, who we know well? I see that Broome must still be alive which was not guaranteed the way he plays his footie.

As informer said - it's a surprise that there are so few lads from Hills. I wonder if there have been changes to the league/union dichotomy that have had at the school.

And there's one from Manly Selective !! Crikey - that's like a surfer from Uzbekistan. [Geez, I typed that and spell check allowed it first time. Well, I was impressed.]

T

the berries

Not many Hills Sports players in this mix. I wonder what happened ? Last year they were sensational with talent all over the place.

footy-kid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not many Hills Sports players in this mix. I wonder what happened ? Last year they were sensational with talent all over the place.

most likely focusing on league, with ARL cup this year they are looking strong, also lost a few players to toyota cup and first grade, jacob loko, willie skelton.etc

B

Bradley

Hills were a one hit wonder in Union last year. They had a special group of players that could adapt to playing both codes where they won the Arrive Alive Cup in league and Waratah Shield in rugby using essentially the same players. Not so this year it seems.

MrBump

Bob McCowan (2)
The team has been graded they are just published in school order.
No decisions are made at "camp". There was a 5 hour training session on Sunday at Nepean HS.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Trials start this weekeend with CHS taking on AICES and CCC at St doms(?) at Penrith.

have the CHS teams been split up yet? Any idea on the make up of the AICES and CCC teams?

footy-kid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Trials start this weekeend with CHS taking on AICES and CCC at St doms(?) at Penrith.

have the CHS teams been split up yet? Any idea on the make up of the AICES and CCC teams?

CHS look the goods, from what i have seen in the trial, large and mobile forward pack with backs to finish, capable of scoring points against any team

CCC look structured, though lacking in size, good scrums in first half, though need to work more at the breakdown as backs had sloppy ball

AICES couldnt hold CHS 2 for more than 5 minutes and the points kept rolling in from then, they lack the size aswell and couldnt compete at the breakdown, scrums or pace of the game

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
CHS look the goods, from what i have seen in the trial, large and mobile forward pack with backs to finish, capable of scoring points against any team

CCC look structured, though lacking in size, good scrums in first half, though need to work more at the breakdown as backs had sloppy ball

AICES couldnt hold CHS 2 for more than 5 minutes and the points kept rolling in from then, they lack the size aswell and couldnt compete at the breakdown, scrums or pace of the game

I wouldn't say the forward pack was mobile but it was big. The lineout was good but there were times the smaller CCC pack was able to shift the bigger CHS pack around. Forwards to impress were the 8 (did some good runs without making any breaks and went to ground too easily at times) and the 5 (who did most of his running in the CCC 22. the halfback is a strength of thisteam and drove his forwards well all day and organised beautifully.

The games against CAS and ISA coming up will tell us whether they will compete with GPS

footy-kid

Allen Oxlade (6)
i say the CHS 6 was the best forward as well as the 8, as he made some linebreaks and was very difficult to tackle it seemed
any standouts for CCC

O

OppO

How did reps from last year go? Guys such as Broome, Wessels?

R

rugbylover

I have been following this thread with interest and would like to throw up a dark horse. Michael Carr from Farrer. Big, strong and powerful with speed to burn. Plays for Farrer 1st with Batho and has played a lot of central north rugby with and against Vaessen. He missed a lot of last year with injury but used the down time to pile on the weight. He is not very well known in Sydney circles but I am picking that is about to change.

His strengths are his speed (seriously, can and has switched to outside centre) and his play at the breakdown. His defence though is his real trump card. Hits like a mack truck. Apparently the selectors at the CHS selection trials were very impressed. Earlier this year at the Vice Chancellors Cup in Armidale he decimated a couple of Qld GPS 1st hookers, some of whom I see have been touted around on some of these forums. Keep an eye out for him.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Thanks for the tip rugbylover - and welcome aboard.

I'll look out for him in the trials at Cranbrook tomorrow and on June 19th at Rat Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.