• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CHS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
Seriously does anyone think this is wrong? I would understand GPS schools doing this kind of thing but Public Schools .. Very rude and after we were told that it would be in the paper..and on the website .Is it?????
Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 11.17.50 PM.png

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 NSW CHS Opens 1st and 2nd XV Squad

Jordan ASANOSKA, Illawarra SHS
Ngangarra BARKER, Hunter SHS
Leroy BARTLETT, Newcastle HS
Jacob BRISTOWE, Westfields SHS
Matt CLARKE, Kooringal HS
Jaeger COLLINS, Newcastle HS
Ryan CONNOLLY, Hunter SHS
Aistan FIDOW, Griffith HS
Evander FILEMU, Endeavour SHS
James FINCH, Goulburn HS
Matt FISK, Brisbane Waters SC
Kieran HAYMAN, Hills SHS
Cody HEMI, Illawarra SHS
Alex HILLS, Newcastle HS
Jordan IEREMIA, Hoxton Park HS
Samuel IUTA, Sylvannia HS
Harry JOHNSON-HOLMES, Merewether HS
Damian JOHNSTON, Yanco AHS
Taulogo LALAGA, Whitebridge HS
Tom LANE, Hunter SHS
William LATU, Illawarra SHS
Reece MACINTOSH, Matraville SHS
Cameron MANNING, Newcastle HS
Netane MASIMA, Luemeah HS
Samuel MATENGA, Kogarah HS
Luke MILHAM, NBSC Freshwater Campus
Sama MOLOLO, Randwick BHS
Sam MUSGROVE, Sydney BHS
Tyrell NALEBA, Westfields SHS
Ethan NICZCZOT, Hunter SHS
Jacob NIELSEN, Kooringal HS
Storm PASFIELD, Endeavour SHS
Alex POHLA, Narrara Valley HS
Sam REIMER, Killara HS
Lachlan ROSE, Pittwater HS
Leighton TALI, Hills SHS
Zachary TRINKLER, Newcastle HS
Koheleti VAITAIKI, Homebush BHS
Jayden WRIGHT, Hunter SHS

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
NSWCHS Squad ? Should be called SYDNEY & Surrounds Rugby Union Squad. .Yet again Country NSW Forgotten. So NSW country public School must not have very good rugby Players, yer right. Maybe you should arrange for NSWCJRU to have a game against NSWCHS BEST TEAM and see how they go..I think you would be shocked...Very sad for Rugby in the outer metropolitan area....Token Griffith,Yanco and Goulburn Lads good on ya Boys. What 3 Country NSW out of 40 positions.
About time they made a NSWCHS Country Squad...3 squads. Now Country All Schools are Gone. The Country boys i know are very disappointed that no one was selected and they ask me why..I don't have an answer i just say the same thing each year.." there's always next year boys" That,s getting pretty lame. Look at the tryouts for the NSWCHS16's Always a massive cost to get a boy there. Never have a tryout in the regional towns like Coffs,Dubbo Parks Ballina, I know boys who have played up in opens to tryout for the 16's Squad because they could get to the 16's tryout when they where 15 and still don't get a look in. Should just be Hunter,Illawarra, Sydney and then a country Squad. As you can see not happy JAN...So if you want to make NSWCHS move to Sydney...RANT FINISHED

sideline server

Stan Wickham (3)
Couldn't agree more! Have to say the whole squad notification process was a farce, the boys were told that it would be in the paper on Saturday and on the website. Not a good look when they start hearing via the grapevine who got a phone call or who's part of a Facebook page. Looks like you need to go to a Sports High School or be in the know to get a look in even if you are from the Country and play out of your skin.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
NSWCHS Squad ? Should be called SYDNEY & Surrounds Rugby Union Squad. .Yet again Country NSW Forgotten. So NSW country public School must not have very good rugby Players, yer right. Maybe you should arrange for NSWCJRU to have a game against NSWCHS BEST TEAM and see how they go..I think you would be shocked.Very sad for Rugby in the outer metropolitan area..Token Griffith,Yanco and Goulburn Lads good on ya Boys. What 3 Country NSW out of 40 positions.
About time they made a NSWCHS Country Squad.3 squads. Now Country All Schools are Gone. The Country boys i know are very disappointed that no one was selected and they ask me why..I don't have an answer i just say the same thing each year.." there's always next year boys" That,s getting pretty lame. Look at the tryouts for the NSWCHS16's Always a massive cost to get a boy there. Never have a tryout in the regional towns like Coffs,Dubbo Parks Ballina, I know boys who have played up in opens to tryout for the 16's Squad because they could get to the 16's tryout when they where 15 and still don't get a look in. Should just be Hunter,Illawarra, Sydney and then a country Squad. As you can see not happy JAN.So if you want to make NSWCHS move to Sydney.RANT FINISHED
http://www.nswcountryrugby.com.au/schools

Last Year for NSWCSRU Championships

It is with great regret that we announce 2014 to be the last year of the annual Country Schools Championships to select sides to attend the NSW Selection Trials.

This decision, not taken lightly, is a result of the changing landscape of schoolboy rugby union in NSW. NSW Country Schools was set up in 1977 specifically to address the lack of opportunity for regionally based players to gain access to NSW Schools representative teams. These opportunities have improved through other pathways in the ensuing years with the Independent Schools Association (ISA), Combined High Schools (CHS), Combined Catholic Colleges (CCC) and more recently the Association of Independent Co-Educational Schools (AICES) all offering pathways for boys in regional schools.

Despite the ongoing success of the Country Schools Championships as both a pathway to higher representative honours and a representative experience in itself for regional players, it has become unviable to continue as a pathway to NSW Schools with the regional development of these other pathways.

LOOKS LIKE THEY GAVE COUNTRY KIDS A PATHWAY PREVIOUSLY.......... WHATS THE REASONS FOR CLOSURE OF THIS TEAM ? WERE THE SELECTIVE TEAMS COMPETITIVE OVER THE PAST 5-10 YEARS ? THEY BEEN AROUND SINCE 1977.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
Couldn't agree more! Have to say the whole squad notification process was a farce, the boys were told that it would be in the paper on Saturday and on the website. Not a good look when they start hearing via the grapevine who got a phone call or who's part of a Facebook page. Looks like you need to go to a Sports High School or be in the know to get a look in even if you are from the Country and play out of your skin.

I think you will find there are a few bush kids in the CHS team, and that's exactly what they have done, got out of there country towns and moved to sports schools to progress their dreams with their talents. As you aware in the sports schools they undertake rugby as a subject. So they training and learning the game not just on a Tuesday & Thursday arvo for an hour, they doing multiple hours in school time and playing against other competitive schools.

The cream always rises to the top, look at Hunter (country area!!) they smashed the other teams and their team members thoroughly deserve to be selected.

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
I think you will find there are a few bush kids in the CHS team, and that's exactly what they have done, got out of there country towns and moved to sports schools to progress their dreams with their talents. As you aware in the sports schools they undertake rugby as a subject. So they training and learning the game not just on a Tuesday & Thursday arvo for an hour, they doing multiple hours in school time and playing against other competitive schools.

The cream always rises to the top, look at Hunter (country area!!) they smashed the other teams and their team members thoroughly deserve to be selected.
I agree Hunter deserve to get boy in.. But hunter is what 1 hour from Sydney? I'm Talking about Country NSW. Look at a map of NSW and Draw a 150 km circle around Sydney. 90% of NSW
http://www.nswcountryrugby.com.au/schools

Last Year for NSWCSRU Championships

It is with great regret that we announce 2014 to be the last year of the annual Country Schools Championships to select sides to attend the NSW Selection Trials.

This decision, not taken lightly, is a result of the changing landscape of schoolboy rugby union in NSW. NSW Country Schools was set up in 1977 specifically to address the lack of opportunity for regionally based players to gain access to NSW Schools representative teams. These opportunities have improved through other pathways in the ensuing years with the Independent Schools Association (ISA), Combined High Schools (CHS), Combined Catholic Colleges (CCC) and more recently the Association of Independent Co-Educational Schools (AICES) all offering pathways for boys in regional schools.

Despite the ongoing success of the Country Schools Championships as both a pathway to higher representative honours and a representative experience in itself for regional players, it has become unviable to continue as a pathway to NSW Schools with the regional development of these other pathways.

LOOKS LIKE THEY GAVE COUNTRY KIDS A PATHWAY PREVIOUSLY.... WHATS THE REASONS FOR CLOSURE OF THIS TEAM ? WERE THE SELECTIVE TEAMS COMPETITIVE OVER THE PAST 5-10 YEARS ? THEY BEEN AROUND SINCE 1977.
YES they did OK..I don't know the real reason but the 2 day comp in Armidale was fantastic. So where are the 25 boys that where pick each year to go to ALL SCHOOL comp. None where selected.
CHS players mostly come from within that Sydney Circle every year.

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree Hunter deserve to get boy in.. But hunter is what 1 hour from Sydney? I'm Talking about Country NSW. Look at a map of NSW and Draw a 150 km circle around Sydney. 90% of NSWCHS come from within that Circle.

YES they did OK..I don't know the real reason but the 2 day comp in Armidale was fantastic. So where are the 25 boys that where pick each year to go to ALL SCHOOL comp. None where selected.

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
I think that NSWCHS should Have a Country Team NO3 team .. Boys must go to school 250KM away from Sydney to get Selected and I bet that will put the cat among the pigeons..It wont happen because they would most likely show up those sports schools. lol

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree Hunter deserve to get boy in.. But hunter is what 1 hour from Sydney? I'm Talking about Country NSW. Look at a map of NSW and Draw a 150 km circle around Sydney. 90% of NSW

We are talking about PUBLIC SCHOOLS not CCC and alike..

Rilll

Frank Row (1)
If you are wondering why so many Hunter lads made the CHS squad, perhaps it's because they racked up 133 points and Conceded only 10 points in the 3 days that they spent at Wagga Wagga.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
You say draw a circle of 150km around sydney ...... Well 90% of NSW population lives in that 150km radius so you have answered your own questions . How many players would have competed against each other within that 150km radius just to get in their respective regional teams compared to the country regional teams where the population is no where near that of there sydney catchment areas???

So on percentages the CHS team should have 90% team come from sydney to hunter area , which it does.

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
If you are wondering why so many Hunter lads made the CHS squad, perhaps it's because they racked up 133 points and Conceded only 10 points in the 3 days that they spent at Wagga Wagga.
I was very happy to see the Hunter Boy got Selected they played Great and deserved to get selected. But hunter is so close to Sydney and Illawarra ,Central Coast..I;m talking about 5oo+ km away for Syd.

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
You say draw a circle of 150km around sydney .. Well 90% of NSW population lives in that 150km radius so you have answered your own questions . How many players would have competed against each other within that 150km radius just to get in their respective regional teams compared to the country regional teams where the population is no where near that of there sydney catchment areas???

So on percentages the CHS team should have 90% team come from Sydney to hunter area , which it does.

Sorry 4,600,000 Live in that region and 2,980,000 Live out of that region More that half of NSW population Lives in Country NSW.

James007

Bob McCowan (2)
Not looking for an argument, I'm here because I love Rugby and I want to see It thrive I want to see communitys get lifted because one of there boy got to the next level: So I'll just say this Junior Rugby Union is Dying a slow death in the Country even in club not just in schools. And if the Players that put in the effort and work to play rep and see that none of there piers that are top players ever get selected at a state level they get very dis-hearten ,I work with these kids and some have got talent and have gone far in the Club and NSWCJRU pathways,Go;d Cup etc But never in NSWCHS. Anyway It was a Great week in Wagga and I wish All the Boys that made it All the best.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Sorry 4,600,000 Live in that region and 2,980,000 Live out of that region More that half of NSW population Lives in Country NSW.

But more than half of the schoolboy rugby playing population does not reside in nsw country so it's a moot point not to mention a decent portion of the nsw south coast would come under brumbies territory.

Need to get that big ass chip off your shoulder and stop playing the victim

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
If you into stats should have taken notice at Wagga wagga how hunter smashed the other teams and that's why they got so many players selected .

Don't change your goal post position now. You said 150km radius which includes newcastle and Illawarra areas .

Status
Not open for further replies.